Vancouver to Hawaii???

Thrak

I read a post somewhere here on CC where someone said they had done a one-way Vancouver to Hawaii cruise and then spent time in Hawaii before flying home.

My wife tried looking for something of this sort and didn't find any info. Is this a cruise that is offered every once in a while or was the person just lucky to have gotten a deal of this sort once upon a time?

It sounded really interesting...

Essentially, they are repositioning cruises for those ships that have been sailing in Alaska over the summer, and are heading back Downunder for their winter season in Australia. Go to http://www.cruisetimetables.com and click on Vancouver in the top list of Departure Ports. Look at cruises in Sept. and Oct. A quick browse noted Rhapsody of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Celebrity Solstice...EM

We did this cruise several years ago on RCL. Check out repositioning cruises for September on cruise sites. I think Princess, Celebrity, RCL, Disney and Carnival are offering this cruise in 2015. I would highly recommend this itinerary.

Evelyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I read a post somewhere here on CC where someone said they had done a one-way Vancouver to Hawaii cruise and then spent time in Hawaii before flying home.

My wife tried looking for something of this sort and didn't find any info. Is this a cruise that is offered every once in a while or was the person just lucky to have gotten a deal of this sort once upon a time?

It sounded really interesting...

We did the opposite route, Hawaii to Vancouver, 10 Days, Dawn Princess, May 8 - May 17, 2003. Spent several days in Hawaii before boarding. Arrived to snow flurries in Vancouver! Seems I saw a similar cruise offered on Princess recently...just don't remember the details.

Try Pacific Princess Sept. 7th 2015

Joe

As I was only going on what my wife had told me she found I hadn't seen this sailing listed. I looked for myself last night and did indeed see this listed. I'm happy to know these cruises do happen. I'm not sure why my wife didn't find this cruise when she looked. She may have been restrictive on dates or something. It really doesn't matter...

I won't be able to take advantage of this particular cruise as I'm already cruising the Panama Canal in September of 2015 but I will definitely keep my eye out for another cruise of this type.

We sailed a 15 day RT to Hawaii from SF in 2012 and loved it but you don't really get much time to see the islands. This itinerary would let us have the cruise but also let us have time on the islands before returning home.

We got a great deal on RCI Radiance of the Seas 9/11/2015 10 night Vancouver to Hawaii. We have done the roundtrip Hawaii several times but while the 5 days sailing to Hawaii were great the return trip dragged on and on, so the 10 night to Hawaii works much better for our needs.

As I was only going on what my wife had told me she found I hadn't seen this sailing listed. I looked for myself last night and did indeed see this listed. I'm happy to know these cruises do happen. I'm not sure why my wife didn't find this cruise when she looked. She may have been restrictive on dates or something. It really doesn't matter...

I won't be able to take advantage of this particular cruise as I'm already cruising the Panama Canal in September of 2015 but I will definitely keep my eye out for another cruise of this type.

We sailed a 15 day RT to Hawaii from SF in 2012 and loved it but you don't really get much time to see the islands. This itinerary would let us have the cruise but also let us have time on the islands before returning home.

I had also seen these one way cruises but It also took me some time to find it. Don't think it was your wife. :) I had to play with it to have it come up on the Princess website.

Shame they don't have these from Los Angeles. Would love to do a one way also. Also not a big big fan of the smaller ships on such a long cruise.

We got a great deal on RCI Radiance of the Seas 9/11/2015 10 night Vancouver to Hawaii. We have done the roundtrip Hawaii several times but while the 5 days sailing to Hawaii were great the return trip dragged on and on, so the 10 night to Hawaii works much better for our needs.

Unlike many, I love the sea days. I'd probably be happy with a 10 day cruise to nowhere. My wife, on the other hand, would probably not be real happy wit a cruise of that sort. She needs her port stops. ;)

Try Pacific Princess Sept. 7th 2015

Joe

We did the opposite of this itinerary several years ago on the Tahitian Princess. It was a repo from Tahiti to Alaska. One day out of Hawaii it got pretty cold and on a small ship we quickly ran out of things to do. We still loved the cruise but 5 or 6 days at sea on a small ship in cold weather was a little long for us.

We did this cruise in reverse (Honolulu to Vancouver) a number of years ago on Celebrity. It was wonderful and we really enjoyed having all of the ports and then relaxing for a few days afterward at sea. We flew out to Honolulu before the cruise and took advantage of our jet lag the first morning to get to Pearl Harbor very early and get tickets for the memorial.