Captain's Club Gear

hancock

Logos don't make no never mind to me.

Mr Sloop & I each have several items in our "casual wardrobe" that sport logos discreetly (Golf / Polo Shirts) or more blatently... A collection of Tshirts of places we've visited on vacation

If people want to buy a Captain's Club item cause it makes them happy... More power to them

I see it exactly the same way as folks who choose to purchase Cruise Critic gear

Companies wouldn't offer branded swag if there was no market

People buy / wear logos cause they in some way want to identify with a brand. No harm, no foul in my book

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

A shirt instead of another bag is a nice idea.. I have already given away the two bags we got, just never used them. Logos on shirts in general? I have a bunch of college logo shirts from schools I work with. They give me the shirts, they pay me money to work for them , I wear the shirts... Like I said, a free shirt instead of another bag is a nice idea

I put that in the same category as wearing Cruise Critic apparel. :rolleyes:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I bought one ten years ago and wore it on a couple of cruises

The complete ignorance of people astounded me

:rolleyes:

I bought a Celebrity Eclipse polo in the shop onboard in 2010 on the autumn transatlantic, running out of/sick of wearing the same warm-weather clothes on the way home.

I must say it was a very good quality and I've worn it a lot these four years, still going strong. The logo stitched on was white on the pink shirt, so fairly subtle. So I might buy a Captain's Club clothing item if it looked like equally good quality.

I avoid wearing anything with a logo or saying while cruising so I can get way with wearing it more than once. :eek:

If there is a logo or saying people will notice it more than something that is plain and know that you wore it once before. :D

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Buy and wear at your pleasure. BUT years and years ago I made a shirt with all the ships we had traveled on... Got some nasty "bragging" comments. Don't do that anymore.

Wear what you want to wear so long as it doesn't violate any dress or dignity code. If others have a problem, they have a problem. I really don't care what strangers think. I do care what my DW thinks. Your top sounds like a novel idea and a good conversation starter. Just add a Chanel or Louis Vuitton label and people will see the label and will magically admire it.

If they give them away sure I'll wear one

But always thought it was silly to wear a billboard for a company I don't work for

The hotel director on Infinity gave me a nice Celebrity pullover, I like wearing that

Win Win for Celebrity though if they can get people to buy them and advertise for them

Edited by johhnnyt

My e mail says that I can wear it if I am a Captains's Club member.

So in theory, everyone on the ship is entitled to wear one, since 'Preview' membership was launched.

I just wonder how much the postage to the UK would be- I will be declining!:cool:

...I just wonder how much the postage to the UK would be- I will be declining!:cool:

We sent some UK friends some T-Shirts as Christmas gifts last year and they had to pay a huge import duty tax on them.:mad: Something to think about if anyone is considering ordering T-Shirts from the USA.

I bought one ten years ago and wore it on a couple of cruises

The complete ignorance of people astounded me

:rolleyes:

DH has a CC ball cap. We have had many good conversations with people explaining about this wonderful website. But it does start off the same way, "Are you really a critic on this cruise?" or "So tell me. What is so bad about this cruise?". The cap is a great ice breaker.

Buy and wear at your pleasure. BUT years and years ago I made a shirt with all the ships we had traveled on... Got some nasty "bragging" comments. Don't do that anymore.

I.M.H.O., you SHOULD wear them!!!

What difference does it make if THEY gave you some "NASTY"

comments... ????? Geeze...they are just JEALOUS of you, that's all

and, ungrateful people to be like that.

You should realize people are like that all over.

Why should they matter?

To me, they sure wouldn't.... :mad:

To me, if you ever meet me, brag all you want. I would like to hear it...

Then, maybe, I wll brag to you about all the stuff in my life! ;)

Will Celebrity give me a price break for being a walking advertisement for them? Didn't think so.

J.

Sometimes I feel the same when someone asks us to convince them to sail on Celebrity . It is not my responsibility to convince someone that they should sail on Celebrity over another cruise line.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I don't wear much clothing with logos, except at home, and most of the items were freebees. I did buy a terry cloth robe on our 1st cruise in 1997 that I'm still wearing. Except for fixing some fraying around the neck it has held up all these years, but this might be the last year. I was really hoping to get 20 years out of it. :D

Mary Lou