Oasis Junior Suite deck 6 or deck 8. Upgrade Gods have called!

AdamKnows

Hi everyone,

I received an email from Royal Caribbean that offered an upgrade from a D1 to a Junior suite for a 50% discount. The price difference ended up being $810.00 so needless to say I pulled the trigger. My cabin options are on deck 6 which would put me near the boardwalk or deck 8 which would put me outside of central park. Which deck should I pick and why?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi everyone,

I received an email from Royal Caribbean that offered an upgrade from a D1 to a Junior suite for a 50% discount. The price difference ended up being $810.00 so needless to say I pulled the trigger. My cabin options are on deck 6 which would put me near the boardwalk or deck 8 which would put me outside of central park. Which deck should I pick and why?

Thanks,

Adam

I really like deck 8. It gives you easy access to all the great places in Central Park. 6 is also good because it's close to the promenade. I've been on both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I took advantage of the same deal a few weeks ago and choose Deck 8 center hump. I would also decide based on the location of the cabin rather than the deck number. Hump cabins have loungers and bigger balconies. I would decide soon, when I upgraded the cabins were all gone in a few hours.

Edited by dacsmom

For the Nov. 1 sailing JS 8240 is available, Center Hump that would be my choice. :D

That is the one I would choose. We are in 8640 on our upcoming Allure cruise. Deck 8 JS's also do NOT have staterooms across the hall from them so that is a BIG plus!!

We were in 8640 on the Oasis and loved it!!

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Adam

First thought would be 8 ... we always like higher and it's close to Central Park which is nice .... but totally agree with the other posters on 'location'. If one of them is on the hump, makes no difference on what deck ... go for it! LOL!! We've booked on the Allure in the Mediterranean on the hump, for next year and once we did a guarantee JS on the Oasis and landed on the hump which was great! Aside from all that tho .... there really are no bad JS cabins on the Oasis! No matter what you choose .... Happy Sailing! :)

I haven't been on that class of ship yet but I picked deck 8 for my upcoming cruise based on the feedback from people here. Seems like deck 8 is very popular based on it's close proximity to everything!

We loved our JS on deck 8. It's easy to grab a quick snack or drink from Park Cafe and bring it back to your cabin without having to navigate stairs or elevators.

BTW the cabins are in a separate corridor from Central Park so you don't hear or see the people in Central Park.

Edited by starfish216

Available......8636 has a little triangle on the grid......is that why it is available?

also 7636....can you walk all the way through on that deck?

PLse advise.

Thanks.

The triangle symbol means that the cabin has a sofabed.

Through to where?

All of the xx36 JS cabins are excellent locations.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Available......8636 has a little triangle on the grid......is that why it is available?

also 7636....can you walk all the way through on that deck?

PLse advise.

Thanks.

You can walk all the way fore and aft on Oasis deck 7, but you cannot move between the starboard and port sides through the aft elevator lobby.

Depends what you like doing onboard. I loved loved loved my deck 6 location on the Oasis: around the corner from the Diamond Lounge, easy to get breakfast there, specialty coffees whenever, and a great view of the promenade and rising tide... quick access to the gym, and through there one deck down to the best jogging track at sea... this way to the schooner bar and trivia... that way to the boardwalk, Johnny Rockets, indifferent donuts and the amazing water shows... yeah, I really liked that location a lot! (That said, I also enjoyed Central Park and could see the advantages to being near that tranquil spot.)

You all haven't made this easy. I ended up upgrading to 6248. The cabin is right next to the elevators and around the corner from the Schooner Bar which is one of my favorite hangouts. My only concern is that a portion of the balcony looks to be angled. Does anyone know if I am losing much space on the balcony by selecting this cabin?