Princess Rose Parade Float... 50th Anniversary!

RickEk

Too bad Princess doesn't pick a few past passengers to ride the float. I would love to do it. Now where did I put my pom poms. :)

Thanks Shredie. Nothing like an old fool. :) Of course in California it could be Palm Palms. LOL

Edited by waltd

With the average price of a float over $225,000 hopefully it will be a good investment for Princess as a marketing tool to generate income. :)

Well, with their new marketing commitment towards television advertising, I guess this is a natural extension of that... and a 50th Anniversary doesn't come around every day.

Well, with their new marketing commitment towards television advertising, I guess this is a natural extension of that... and a 50th Anniversary doesn't come around every day.

Is there a new set of commercials? I wasn't impressed with the last ones and am curious if you are referring to a new set or the last set.

With the average price of a float over $225,000 hopefully it will be a good investment for Princess as a marketing tool to generate income. :)

For Princess (owned by the Carnival Corp who brings in billions in revenues) this is chump change. Not only is it good for Princess, but the entire industry as a whole. Remember, the first several weeks in Jan is wave week in the cruise industry where a huge volume of bookings are make for 2015. Smart move. I bet too a lot of Princess employee from Santa Clarita will volunteer to glue flowers onto the float as well as any Princess' fans who might want to volunteer to work on the float in Dec.

Pescado Amarillo, what is this? You will be home on January 1?????? I too have been waiting for the annual 150 day blog. Trust me - you will not be happy in the cold and snow. And you owe it to those of us that travel vicariously with you and G. Don't let us down.

Jill

Is there a new set of commercials? I wasn't impressed with the last ones and am curious if you are referring to a new set or the last set.

With the 50th anniversary coming up, I would expect another round of TV commercials. FWIW, I liked the previous campaign...:)

Pescado Amarillo, what is this? You will be home on January 1?????? I too have been waiting for the annual 150 day blog. Trust me - you will not be happy in the cold and snow. And you owe it to those of us that travel vicariously with you and G. Don't let us down.

Jill

Jeanne,

I will miss your blog. Perhaps you will miss writing it enough to post to it from home occasionally. We are keeping your mother, and of course, you, in our prayers.

Meanwhile, join me long distance in my New Year's Day ritual of watching the Rose Parade in my warm jammies, sipping mimosas, and ohhing and ahhing at the floats, Xmas tree lit...........paying no attention to any New Year's resolutions for those several hours of pure bliss.

G

Sorry, I didn't mean to take this thread OT. We will be cruising; I will be blogging, starting about October 10th or so. We'll simply be home for New Years, that's all. Multiple TVs with multiple Bowl games...and the Rose Bowl parade, of course! Mom is doing so much better since some minor surgery in early September. And we have a few surprises in store. :)

I will not let you down. No matter how hard it is, regardless of how I suffer, must. keep. cruising. ;)

Sorry, I didn't mean to take this thread OT. We will be cruising; I will be blogging, starting about October 10th or so. We'll simply be home for New Years, that's all. Multiple TVs with multiple Bowl games...and the Rose Bowl parade, of course! Mom is doing so much better since some minor surgery in early September. And we have a few surprises in store. :)

I will not let you down. No matter how hard it is, regardless of how I suffer, must. keep. cruising. ;)

That's the ticket. Happy to hear Mom is doing better.:D

Here is a suggestion for Princess Cruise Lines. Why not invite the 6 most travelled cruise couples to join in with the Love Boat Crew? Or have a drawing where everyone "likes" on Facebook or something?

Truly noble and an example for all. :D

So glad to learn mom is doing better, and that you will be blogging and sailing.:D

Grew up in LA, but have never seen the parade in person (I did go to the Doo Dah parade once -- that's a blast and probably almost as crowded as that other Pasadena parade). Have gone to the game a few times. As a senior, we were there around 8am -- and it was about 30 degrees, not kidding -- to help set up the UCLA student card stunt show.

Last year I was at the game, working at a concession booth to help raise funds for my daughter's band program (the food service company has non-profit groups working the stands to raise money for their programs) and I might do it again this year (I did this at the UCLA-Memphis game this month). Didn't get to see the parade until a local station put up videos on their website.

Whew. What a relief.

Seriously, I'm glad there isn't anything wrong, and I'm especially happy to hear your mum is recovering nicely.

Keep up the good work!