Forgive me

smeck

My next cruise after Freedom may be Princess just to try out their pizza :D Now how is that for a reason to jump ship? :D

Enjoy your cruise! Why cant Royal Caribbean do this? This looks like the real deal and very similar to one of our local pizzerias owned by a guy straight from Brooklyn.

5431612134_c11635d2a3_z.jpg

Please forgive those loyal to Royal which I count myself. I just booked a European cruise on Princess. The ports were to good to pass on. If Royal only offered the same itinerary.

I know how you feel. We are one cruise away from being Diamond Plus but we booked a March cruise on the Carnival Triumph :eek: because it is offering a 12-day round trip Galveston cruise to the Panama Canal. Granted it is only one lock but that is all I need to make me happy.

If Royal Caribbean had offered this same itinerary I would book it in a heart beat.

My next cruise after Freedom may be Princess just to try out their pizza :D Now how is that for a reason to jump ship? :D

Enjoy your cruise! Why cant Royal Caribbean do this? This looks like the real deal and very similar to one of our local pizzerias owned by a guy straight from Brooklyn.

5431612134_c11635d2a3_z.jpg

Hate to burst your bubble but I couldn't wait to try the pizza on Princess.

I was so disappointed. Being a New Yorker, I know good pizza and Princess can keep it.

However, their itineraries are fab.

Enjoy your cruise.

I agree that the Princess itineraries are far superior to Royal's offerings.

Have a great cruise.

Actually Princess has dropped our favorite home port for Southern Caribbean cruises - San Juan. You can still get these sailings on RCI.

You are not alone. We are going on our first non Royal cruise in April. A partial Panama Canal crossing out of Ft. Lauderdale.

I don't worry so much about itinerary. I like to go to new places, but some locations have more than one attraction for us so we find something new to do. We live at the beach, so it is not going and finding the latest, greatest beach, but something new about our port stop.

For us it is more about the departure port. I like driving to Port Canaveral. We might be swayed at some point to sail out of Tampa and Baltimore. For some reason that extra distance to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami seems to take forever! Unless I can convince someone in my family to take a fall foliage tour of New England and Canada - a more northern departure port will be a hard sell.

Please forgive those loyal to Royal which I count myself. I just booked a European cruise on Princess. The ports were to good to pass on. If Royal only offered the same itinerary.

no apology required. If you want to sail to certain places in the world you have to sail on other lines. I have sailed Celebrity in Europe, Holland America in South America, and Princess in New Zealand and Australia. I am sailing in 3 weeks on the Danube with Avalon. I will sure miss the flowrider though.:D

jc

Hate to burst your bubble but I couldn't wait to try the pizza on Princess.

I was so disappointed. Being a New Yorker, I know good pizza and Princess can keep it.

However, their itineraries are fab.

Enjoy your cruise.

Its got to be better than Sorrentos. :)

Chicago pizza is the best ever!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app

Interesting as Im not a deep dish pizza fan at ALL. As I understand, not ALL Chicago pizza is deep dish though.

I love the NY style with the thin crust that is hand tossed and can be folded. We have a local pizzeria owned by a guy from Brooklyn and he does it right.

Sorry for highjacking this thread with pizza talk OP. :o

Interesting as Im not a deep dish pizza fan at ALL. As I understand, not ALL Chicago pizza is deep dish though.

I love the NY style with the thin crust that is hand tossed and can be folded. We have a local pizzeria owned by a guy from Brooklyn and he does it right.

Sorry for highjacking this thread with pizza talk OP. :o

Folded??? That's not pizza, that's a calzone or fancy grilled cheese sandwich!;)

We have enjoyed cruising on various cruise lines over the years but have sailed with Princess most of the time. My DH loves the Panama Canal so we have been there three times. We'll be on NCL's Sun in January. Therefore, I agree with most of you who say to try several cruise lines or sail often on a favorite ship or choose a ship or cruise line because of its itinerary. We find that there are good and not so good things about every cruise.....food, service, cabins, entertainment....but cruising is one of life's wonderful pleasures. Go on a cruise as often as possible.

Sorry to intrude on this deep topic of switching cruise lines…..

To: xpcdoojk….I just “stole” your C.S. Lewis quote and sent it to twenty friends; sometimes a thought hits you like this one hit me, and you have to resort to pilfering in order to share. Thank you, jc.

Laura

Variety is the SPICE of life! Do you always go to the same restaurant?? Do you also only stay at the same hotel chains?? I'm a Marriott person, but also Starwood ( Sheraton,Westin,etc.)...BUT, we've stayed also at Holiday Inns, Hiltons,etc...I'm a cruise agent and although we are Diamond on RCI, we also have cruised NCL ( 5x ) ,Carnival ( 6x), Disney ( 2x), and HAL, Princess, & Celebrity once each..now that's fun...to me ,IMO, anyone who would cruise ONLY one line is both foolish & silly- do you ONLY fly one airline? I fly any airline that fits my schedule, price, etc...Palo's brunch on Disney is so good, you should have MEDICS standing by as you eat..and Disney's private island, Castaway Cay, cabins & shows are IMO, the best at sea...Norwegian's Le Bistro has AMAZING escargots & their dessert called the Fruit Fondue, has fruit in a carved pineapple bottom bowl, that you dip in chocolate ( !!!!!)..the Waterfront area on the new Breakaway & Getaway on deck 8 is a FANTASTIC concept: a walk around promenade OUTSIDE where you can dine or have drinks, or just stroll outside next to the sea with stunning views....Celebrity's Solstice class ships are so classy & elegant with gorgeous public areas..Princess, too, has very elegant & classy ships along with better itineraries than RCI IMO..we LOVE RCI, but my wife has said: "No more Nassau, ST, SM & 3 days at sea..enough!" or "No more Cozumel, Jamaica & Labadee- we've been so many times to Cozumel ( 10x) that last time the locals working at the stores at the dock recognized you and said welcome back!"..I am tired of the same ports of call & same ambiance all the time...don't apologize...venture out & enjoy Princess ( BTW, what ship are you cruising on??)..the reason there are different cruise lines is so people can experience different cruise adventures..I, for one, applaud you!!!

Big Al

How is it that people become the self appointed authority on pizza just because they live in a particular region of the country?

It's a friendly banter that's been going on forever. Both sides will (or should) admit that the East Coast and Chicago style of pizza are both good. However, they are significantly different. There are differences even in Brooklyn. Some swear for the thin crust (think Grimaldi's) and others go for the more Sicilian style (think Spumoni Garden). If it is done well, all types of pizza are good.

It's a friendly banter that's been going on forever. Both sides will (or should) admit that the East Coast and Chicago style of pizza are both good. However, they are significantly different. There are differences even in Brooklyn. Some swear for the thin crust (think Grimaldi's) and others go for the more Sicilian style (think Spumoni Garden). If it is done well, all types of pizza are good.

Truth be told. The best pizza of my life was in Positano. However, we are discussing NY Vs Chicago. Thin crust please and a bubble on the crust.

Don't forget to fold. :)