Problem with purchase on board

CRUISEWITHH

How do these two year old threads keep getting dredged up?

Funny. I see that I was one of the couple of final posters back in 2014. At that point I said I didn't see the point of expensive watches. Sadly, due to the death of a friend, I now own a nice (genuine) Rolex. He wore it everyday but I only wear it on Formal nights or after 6:00 PM onboard. I did wear it to a wedding and also to a funeral recently as well. I still would never spend the money for a watch of this type though.

We now return you to your thread from 2014. )

I now own a nice (genuine) Rolex. He wore it everyday but I only wear it on Formal nights or after 6:00 PM onboard. I did wear it to a wedding and also to a funeral recently as well. I still would never spend the money for a watch of this type though.

I bet my $25 nice (fake) Rolex purchased on a street corner in Asia works just as well.

I was recently on-board Caribbean Princess and purchased 4 Bella & Rose watches. Three are men's watches and one is a ladies. The men's watches have three different stems for setting different functions. I am not even sure what the different functions are for.

When I got home and had a better chance to look at them, I realized that the instructions and/or warrantee was not in the box on any of them. This does not seem like just a problem with the ones I bought, since I had picked them from the table of many (maybe over 50) that were on display.

I called Princess and asked to talk to the department that could help me. At first the agent said that they did not come with any instructions ? I told her that these were not just the $10 cheapo watches, they were sold at Facets boutique.

I had first tried looking on-line for the company name to see if I could call them directly, but did not find anything. The Princess reservation agent said she could not transfer me to the Boutique Dept. directly, but would check with them. Then she gave me an email address to write to. I immediately emailed the address that she gave me and I have not received any reply or even any acknowledgement of my request yet...

I am really mad that I have brought home these watches for my family and I cannot even give them their watches because I can't even set them.

I don't want to return them to Princess, I just want to get some instructions on how to set them.

Any suggestions?

Did you not know this when you bought them?

• 4 months later...
I was recently on-board Caribbean Princess and purchased 4 Bella & Rose watches. Three are men's watches and one is a ladies. The men's watches have three different stems for setting different functions. I am not even sure what the different functions are for.

When I got home and had a better chance to look at them, I realized that the instructions and/or warrantee was not in the box on any of them. This does not seem like just a problem with the ones I bought, since I had picked them from the table of many (maybe over 50) that were on display.

I called Princess and asked to talk to the department that could help me. At first the agent said that they did not come with any instructions ? I told her that these were not just the $10 cheapo watches, they were sold at Facets boutique.

I had first tried looking on-line for the company name to see if I could call them directly, but did not find anything. The Princess reservation agent said she could not transfer me to the Boutique Dept. directly, but would check with them. Then she gave me an email address to write to. I immediately emailed the address that she gave me and I have not received any reply or even any acknowledgement of my request yet...

I am really mad that I have brought home these watches for my family and I cannot even give them their watches because I can't even set them.

I don't want to return them to Princess, I just want to get some instructions on how to set them.

Any suggestions?[/quote

Just got back from a Viking Cruise. SAME problem! I knew they were not expensive watches (as they would have you believe) but I did expect it to work!! No instructions here either.

Been wearing the same Tmex watch for the last 10 yeas. Bought it at Wally World. Have gone swimming, fishing, cleaned both fish and deer while weraing it and also wore it to weddings, funerals and formal nights on cruises with no problems at all. When it des I will get another one. Do not NEED anything else. Does hat I want acwatch to do.

I've been buying cheap watches for years, including on Princess. I am not careful with them, they scratch or crack, and I need new.

If they are lucky enough not to get damaged, I wear them till the battery wears off (1-2 years) and get a new watch. I know you get what you pay for, and it works for me.

If I needed something long-term: expensive watch, jewelry, I would not buy it on a cruise ship or in a port. Only at home, from a trusted/recommended retailer.

I bet my $25 nice (fake) Rolex purchased on a street corner in Asia works just as well.

Purchased my Rolex in Istanbul from the Genuine fake watch company. Battery ran out after 2 years, some of the "gold" has peeled off, but works well. I do not take it overseas, bit scary going through the security clearance, although when I got the battery replaced, the person said wow a Rolex. As if it was a real one you would take it to the booth in the shopping centre?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at any of this because anything you buy on the ship with moving parts it's always buyer beware. I don't go to those push and shove sales on board as people get caught up in the buying frenzy of getting a deal on cheap China crap (another term I use for those sales). I did buy a nice blue shell necklace but the darn thing is difficult to latch.

Those $10 sales get really intense! I was honestly pretty shocked.

The scarves literally are nothing special, you can find the same thing at the dollar stores or Target! Target probably has nicer stuff for the same exact price point.

I was grateful they had the "Sale" because I forgot my sunglasses and while the Fossil ones were nice, they were $75! I would never, ever buy the Fossil stuff they have in the store on ship. You can tell a million people have tried on the sunglasses because the arms are loose on them, and they don't come with the case or cleaning wipes like they do if you buy them online! The sale had $10 sunglasses that were the same as the free promotional pairs I have gotten from events, but at least they were only $10. I also got one of those necklace and earring sets, and it's hardly worth $10 either. Go to Forever 21 if you like inexpensive jewelry! It's the same kind of stuff for way way cheaper.

People were in this bizarre buying frenzy over stuff and it's not like it was anything amazing.

I bought my Fauxlex at a garage sale fir $5, took it to my jeweler and had a new battery installed. He commented on how well it was made and that the back is exactly like the Rolex ones. I've had it half a dozen years and it runs like a charm. Only thing is, it doesn't have any "diamonds" on it. Cheap us fine if you are willing to take a chance it won't fall apart before you get home.

The OP didn't buy her watches at the flea market sale on Princess, she bought it in Facets. She is certainly entitled to the paperwork that should have been with the watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I got a call back from Viking - they had contacted the supplier. None of the watches come with instructions because all they do is keep time. All the extra dials and buttons are totally useless - just for show.

At least the fancy bottle opener that came with the watch is usable.

You get what you pay for. . . . most of the time!

I got a call back from Viking - they had contacted the supplier. None of the watches come with instructions because all they do is keep time. All the extra dials and buttons are totally useless - just for show.

At least the fancy bottle opener that came with the watch is usable.

You get what you pay for. . . . most of the time!

Yes...see post #3 in this thread... :p

• 1 year later...
My former boss, who was always well dressed, wore a Rolex. I figured it was authentic based upon her title and the size of her office. She chuckled when someone complimented her on the watch. She said her husband, who was a pilot with Delta, would pick up a fake Rolex for her on the streets of NYC about once a year. They always seemed to freeze up after about twelve months. It was probably just the battery, but it was easier just to toss.

Enjoy your watches, and hopefully their batteries will last until your next cruise!

When I was in Korea, we would buy those fake Rolexs for $10. We called them "Foolex" Watches.