Dynamic Dining coming to Allure

As many of us had speculated, it appears that the Allure will soon be getting Dynamic Dining. Just found this on the page about Allure on the RC website:

ScreenShot2014-09-26at82052PM_zpsa359ddca.png

ScreenShot2014-09-26at83223PM_zps8fd0fc25.png

This says starting on sailings in April 2015. I wish they would give us a date. We were thinking about the April 5th sailing, but this might affect our decision.

Edit: Since it says starting in April 2015, I guess they are not doing it during the dry dock like they are with Oasis?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Interesting as to how they updated the website to include the DD on both the Oasis and Allure yet there is no mention of it on the page for the Freedom who has also been rumoured to be getting DD.

The IT department is prohibited from changing more than two pages per week.;)

Any idea how they are going to update the venues while she is in service?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Unless they cancel sailings and take her out of service for a few weeks before her transatlantic, but I doubt that because not too long after that she will be out of service for her dry dock.

As many of us had speculated, it appears that the Allure will soon be getting Dynamic Dining. Just found this on the page about Allure on the RC website:

ScreenShot2014-09-26at82052PM_zpsa359ddca.png

ScreenShot2014-09-26at83223PM_zps8fd0fc25.png

This says starting on sailings in April 2015. I wish they would give us a date. We were thinking about the April 5th sailing, but this might affect our decision.

Edit: Since it says starting in April 2015, I guess they are not doing it during the dry dock like they are with Oasis?

Thank you so much for posting this. We're scheduled for Allure in Mar 16 and we were really looking forward hoping for dynamic dining. We are not the formal/traditional dining types and think DD is the wave of the future.

Thanks again to you and a big thanks to Royal.

I would say that is for Oasis not Allure as we know already that Oasis is due to start her DD in March/April 2015.

Someone probably got their ships mixed up :rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking when I saw the "Oasis of the Seas" in the description. It is also on the Oasis page, but doesn't mention April as a date. Maybe they switched the two descriptions by accident. We will find out sooner or later..

Edit: Just did some dummy bookings: A Western Caribbean on April 5th shows 8:30 Traditional Dining available, however a Mediterranean cruise on May 31st shows traditional dining completely unavailable, not wait list or anything. This seems to suggest that Dynamic Dining will be added during the dry dock. I hope so, because I want to sail before DD!!

Allures name is on the banner because of a travel weekly award

The DD coming is for Oasis and that's the ship it talks about:rolleyes:

Allure, will be much later

If you click on Allure in "ships", you will see a picture of DD in the slideshow and a description of it in the ship highlights area.

I'm not saying that all of the info is correct, but it is on the Allure page.

Go look for yourself. If you click on Allure in "ships", you will clearly see a picture of DD in the slideshow and a description of it in the ship highlights area.

I'm not saying that all of the info is correct, but it is on the Allure page. :rolleyes:

I did, clearly the date should be under oasis as theirs only says coming soon, its just a glitch, they put the date under the wrong ship, as stated above and announced , oasis in march/April 2015

Edited by setsail

I am looking forward to DD, we have both O/A booked for after their drydocks

I actually really like the idea of DD, however, I just don't like the loss of traditional dining. I'm hoping DD does not get put on the smaller ships.

I want to sail on Allure in 2015 before DD gets implemented, but I am also hoping for Anthem to stay in NJ and do the 9-night Bermuda/Caribbean so I can sail her in 2016. Honestly, I like both dining types and like being able to choose between each.

Happy Trails Traditional Dining, Until We meet Again. Happy Trails to you, Dynamic Dining is our new Friend. :eek:

Loved our cruise on Allure of the Seas and we were thinking of doing Oasis in the near future, but we will have to wait and see how Dynamic Dining works out when we cruise this upcoming January on Quantum.

If our experiences trying to book Dynamic dining this summer are any indication, we may have to think about switching cruise lines.

We just unloaded all our RCI stock holdings this week because of DD

In my opinion it is going to be a disaster! In the order of the new coke fiasco!

Traditionalists that love the getting to know other passengers over meals are going to dislike it. IMO it is a smart bet for capturing the next generation of cruisers' lifestyle.

The American palate has become so much more sophisticated in the last 10-15 years. Plus with all the present day over stimulation we crave more intimate experiences.

The main idea has been piloted and been a huge success with Blu on the RCI sister line Celebrity.

Edited by Pecs ado rojo

The main idea has been piloted and been a huge success with Blu on the RCI sister line Celebrity.

Huh? We love Blu on Celebrity when we sail with them. But it's comparing apples to school buses to compare Blu to DD. First, to eat in Blu, you need to pick a certain type of cabin, Aqua Class(AQ), priced higher than other balcony cabins and this is where you are assigned to eat for dinner throughout your cruise. Secondly, Blu is a small, intimate dining room (300 people) and serves a supposedly healthier menu than the MDR.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to try out DD on the Oasis in April, but my guess is we will follow our normal pattern and eat elsewhere several times during our cruise.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm not getting your leap from Blu to DD. Blu has been around for many years and Celebrity still has it's MDR, including early, late and select dining.

Edited by Oville