Dynamic Dining coming to Allure

I understand that RCCL is trying to continue innovating the cruising industry. And to offer DD is a great idea. I believe this will give the cruiser more options. However, by removing traditional dining, you essentially remove an option. I understand the need to innovate, but at what cost? If the wheel ain't broke....( you get the point)

Sailing on a cruise ship, I loved the idea of everyone dressing up for dinner and having the captain speech. Correct me if I'm wrong but with DD you remove that option and having everyone dress up for the special occasion.

I know that change is difficult at first and we'll have to see how this works out ( in short time with the launch of Quantum). It was nice to sit down at Adagio with the same staff member know what drink I liked and being able to show my gratitude for excellent customer service shown throughout the week.

Idk but how they describe it, it kinda sounds dumb to spilt up the dining room and try to make it into Several different restaurant. It could work on oasis class but it would be difficult to do so on a smart ship.

Again just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There will be complimentary venues but doubtful if they will have enough capacity. Royal basically wants you either pay extra or go to the buffet, which will be expended I understand.

My understanding is that the current MDR will continue to be the complimentary restaurants and they are adding a suites restaurant in another location, so where are they losing capacity on the O class ships?

Are you just assuming the worst without any data to back it up?

Edited by Oville

There will be complimentary venues but doubtful if they will have enough capacity. Royal basically wants you either pay extra or go to the buffet, which will be expended I understand.

Agree with you. That is my suspension too.

I have an Oasis (I assume it's Oasis not Allure) cruise booked but it is not clear whether it is before or after the implementation. I am hoping for before but will not cancel because of it either.

Agree with you. That is my suspension too.

I have an Oasis (I assume it's Oasis not Allure) cruise booked but it is not clear whether it is before or after the implementation. I am hoping for before but will not cancel because of it either.

I believe the DD has been announced to start on the Oasis in March '15.

They are remodeling the MDR on the Oasis during the dry dock and convert decks 3, 4, 5 to the new restaurants. So I doubt that the Allure can start with Dynamic Dining prior to her dry dock in May 2015 as they have to remodel the MDR there too.

steamboats

I believe the DD has been announced to start on the Oasis in March '15.

But the screen shot in the Op says April 2015. So confusing. When will the new deck plan come out? Even if I am lucky that our cruise falls before the start of dynamic dining, the new restaurants will have physically been built by then. Curious how that's going to work.

But the screen shot in the Op says April 2015. So confusing. When will the new deck plan come out? Even if I am lucky that our cruise falls before the start of dynamic dining, the new restaurants will have physically been built by then. Curious how that's going to work.

Most likely after the dry dock. Everything is a big secret now.;)

The OP's screen shot is what is posted on The Allure of the Seas web page. The Oasis' web page has no date. However for the Allure it should say May, since that is when the dry dock is. So I'm not sure if Royal meant April for the Oasis and put it on the wrong page or they just have the month wrong. They also have Oasis in the description and not Allure, which makes it even more confusing. My guess is they just copied and pasted the write up for Oasis and put it on the Allure page and added the date and forgot to change the ship name...but then it is Royal IT. :D

For what it is worth I just sailed the Allure this month and booked on board again for November 2015 after she comes back from dry dock. While talking with the Loyalty Ambassador doing my booking she could not comment about if DD is coming or not. The only dinning options that were available for my sailing was MDR early or late and MTD.

Now I do realise that a lot can change in the next year and it probably will. We all also know that Royal Caribbean has a terrible IT Department and that many more mistakes will be made on their part. Anyways let the speculation continue and as time goes by Royal Caribbean will eventually enlighten us when they are ready so that we can all scramble to change our dinning while being at the mercy of the IT Department in the process! :D

For what it is worth I just sailed the Allure this month and booked on board again for November 2015 after she comes back from dry dock. While talking with the Loyalty Ambassador doing my booking she could not comment about if DD is coming or not. The only dinning options that were available for my sailing was MDR early or late and MTD.

Now I do realise that a lot can change in the next year and it probably will. We all also know that Royal Caribbean has a terrible IT Department and that many more mistakes will be made on their part. Anyways let the speculation continue and as time goes by Royal Caribbean will eventually enlighten us when they are ready so that we can all scramble to change our dinning while being at the mercy of the IT Department in the process! :D

Why do we always bash IT Department? Anyone ever hear of garbage in garbage out

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Interesting- last week I booked TA on Allure Oct 2015 and only MTD available. Was told by person I spoke to at RC said that it was 'all that's available at this time'.

• 2 weeks later...
I understand that RCCL is trying to continue innovating the cruising industry. And to offer DD is a great idea. I believe this will give the cruiser more options. However, by removing traditional dining, you essentially remove an option. I understand the need to innovate, but at what cost? If the wheel ain't broke....( you get the point)

Sailing on a cruise ship, I loved the idea of everyone dressing up for dinner and having the captain speech. Correct me if I'm wrong but with DD you remove that option and having everyone dress up for the special occasion.

I know that change is difficult at first and we'll have to see how this works out ( in short time with the launch of Quantum). It was nice to sit down at Adagio with the same staff member know what drink I liked and being able to show my gratitude for excellent customer service shown throughout the week.

Idk but how they describe it, it kinda sounds dumb to spilt up the dining room and try to make it into Several different restaurant. It could work on oasis class but it would be difficult to do so on a smart ship.

Again just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

agree

I've seen some posts bemoaning the loss of the formal type setting of the MDR. One of the restaurants slated for the Oasis is the Grande. The description talks about dining as in times past.

Anyone heard if this will require formal dress?

I've seen some posts bemoaning the loss of the formal type setting of the MDR. One of the restaurants slated for the Oasis is the Grande. The description talks about dining as in times past.

Anyone heard if this will require formal dress?

That was the original concept, but I believe it has been watered down. :(

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I just posted this on another thread about Allure receiving Dynamic Dining, but figured I'd post it here also.

Just a little update about Allure receiving DD. The other day I emailed Royal about how it states that Allure is soon getting DD and asked when it would be happening. I finally received my response and this was part of the message:

Dynamic dining will be available after the revitalization of Allure of the Seas in May, 2015. Deck three will be home to American Icon Grill, deck four will be The Grande Restaurant and deck five will be Silk. Prior to May, the menu offering will be the usual rotating main dining room menu and the dress code will follow the usual main dining room pattern; smart casual with a few formal nights based on the itinerary length.

Dynamic dining will be available after the revitalization of Allure of the Seas in May, 2015. Deck three will be home to American Icon Grill, deck four will be The Grande Restaurant and deck five will be Silk. Prior to May, the menu offering will be the usual rotating main dining room menu and the dress code will follow the usual main dining room pattern; smart casual with a few formal nights based on the itinerary length.

Excellent news. Was pretty sure Allure would have DD for our cruise but confirmation is great. Thanks for posting.

I never said it would bankrupt them!

But I do expect their stock price to take a major hit!

The price of the stock does not really reflect the profitability of the company. There are plenty of over performing stocks in lousy companies and vice versa. And right now almost every company is taking a major hit. And something tells me it's not because Royal Caribbean has announced dynamic dining.

Excellent news. Was pretty sure Allure would have DD for our cruise but confirmation is great. Thanks for posting.

I agree, we're on Allure in June and October next year and this is great news, just what we were hoping for. :D