Marina Veranda vs Concierge

ja940

I'm sure this has been discussed before but...what is the difference between veranda and concierge cabins on Marina? We are looking at 12/1/14 16 day Buenos Aires-Valparaiso. We've cruised for 35 years, only once on Oceania - Nautica to the Med and middle east and loved it.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but...what is the difference between veranda and concierge cabins on Marina? We are looking at 12/1/14 16 day Buenos Aires-Valparaiso. We've cruised for 35 years, only once on Oceania - Nautica to the Med and middle east and loved it.

The cabins are identical. Only their location, the amenities that come with Concierge, and the "Concierge Lounge" separate them.

oceania-marina-concierge-lounge.JPGMarina-Concierge-Lounge-0587.JPG

Concierge Level Privileges

In Addition to Suite and Stateroom Amenities

• Queen-size Prestige Tranquility Bed, an Oceania Cruises Exclusive, with 1,000-thread-count linens
  • Priority noon ship embarkation with priority luggage delivery
  • Exclusive card-only access to private Concierge Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge featuring complimentary soft drinks, coffees and snacks throughout the day+
  • Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne
  • Priority online specialty restaurant and shore excursion reservations
  • Unlimited access to Canyon Ranch SpaClub® private Spa Terrace
  • Laptop computer with wireless Internet access+
  • Exclusive discounts on Internet usage plans
  • iPad® upon request for your enjoyment on board
  • Bulgari toiletries
  • Complimentary Oceania Cruises logo tote bag
  • Cashmere lap blankets, perfect for relaxing on your veranda
  • Complimentary shoe shine service
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation

++

+Internet usage rates apply

++Certain limitations apply

You have to look at the 'concierge' amenities and decide whether they are important to you. Put a dollar figure to the couple of items that are and then decide if it is worth the extra cost. Cabin size including veranda is identical except for the B3 cabins with extended balconies on deck 7. Most bring their own totes, toiletries, iPads and have no need for the lounge or the concierge and prefer to sit around the pool etc.....so you can do the math;)

Gee, when did they add the concierge lounge? Is there one on Voyager too? They didn't used to exist, did they?

The Oceania ships have them. I never felt the need to use it. I can not speak for Regent.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Edited by hypercafe

For us, other than what we consider a very prime location, the greatest advantage is the Concierge Lounge. My wife typically has to check back with the office. Internet speeds in the Lounge are typically 3-4 times faster than they are anywhere else (don't know about the E lounge) on board. She can quickly get anything done she needs to, without waiting on the otherwise slow wireless system aboard. For the retired and non working this may have not benefit at all, but for us it's truly a blessing.

Concierge works for us on Riviera and Marina because we value:

1. Quiet/computer/tv refreshment time in the Concierge lounge.

2. Earlier booking window helps us get better times for table for two specialty dining.

3. We are big users of private spa terrace (obviously more useful on warm weather cruises.)

4. Most concierge cabins are quiet due to having cabins below and cabins above--avoiding noise from public spaces.

5. Earlier access to cabins on embarkation….(least important, but a slight advantage.)

Some find these not particularly useful or worth the price--for us they are.

You have to look at the 'concierge' amenities and decide whether they are important to you. Put a dollar figure to the couple of items that are and then decide if it is worth the extra cost. Cabin size including veranda is identical except for the B3 cabins with extended balconies on deck 7. Most bring their own totes, toiletries, iPads and have no need for the lounge or the concierge and prefer to sit around the pool etc.....so you can do the math;)

Is there a downside to the B3 cabins with extended balconies on deck 7? We have one booked on our first Oceania cruise. Are the insides smaller?

Is there a downside to the B3 cabins with extended balconies on deck 7? We have one booked on our first Oceania cruise. Are the insides smaller?

A downside could be you are overlooked from above

did not bother us

above%20%26%20sides-M.jpg

DSCF0165-M.jpg

Edited by LHT28

I have just booked a conceirage cabin as little difference in price am I correct in thinking there is an enhanced breakfast menu on room service . Does anyone have a copy of what is available I love breakfast in our cabin

The cabin dimensions, furnishings and finish are exactly the same as any other Veranda cabin (they are all identical).

The width of your veranda won't be different from any other cabin, but the depth (the distance from the outer cabin door to the veranda railing) is about 8 feet larger than the standard.

123348.jpg This photo shows the first few forward extended veranda cabins on the Marina (the blue line runs at the level of the floor of Deck 7).

The cabins are the same size as the veranda&concierge. If you 'absolutely' have to have a mid ship cabin then that could be a factor, they are only located forward and aft.. I suffer from motion sickness and chose the 1st cabin in the aft. series #7111.

The balcony can accommodate 2 loungers which we used most days, BIG PLUS.

Being overlooked did not bother, you can sit closer to door for more privacy plus someone would have to stand and look down to see you, which never happened.

Some mentioned a 'tunnel effect'...we did not because we booked the first of the extended b.(7111) which has an open side.

I do not see any downside in fact we would most definitely book a B3 extended again.

cvn_084548.jpg

Thanks to all of you.

Following up on Rosie C's question, what is the difference between the room service breakfast menu between veranda and concierge?

(This is one of the many questions I have difficulty finding on the Oceania website. It would be helpful if someone could post the entire room service menu)

Thanks to all of you.

Following up on Rosie C's question, what is the difference between the room service breakfast menu between veranda and concierge?

(This is one of the many questions I have difficulty finding on the Oceania website. It would be helpful if someone could post the entire room service menu)

Regular cabins you get a Continental breakfast

Concierge & above you can get hot items

On our first Oceania cruise on Riviera we paid for the concierge cabin. On our second on Marina we did not because:

1. We cared nothing about the spa deck

2. We never order room service breakfast

3. On Marina we booked early and our cabin was in a good location (My wife would rather be near the laundry than the concierge lounge)

4. We found little benefit from access to the concierge lounge. For example the concierge could do nothing to secure additional specialty restaurant reservations for us. If I want coffee in the morning, all that I have to do is ride the elevator up to Horizons and get it there.

Other than the ability to book specialty dining reservations earlier and to get in your cabin 30 minutes earlier, the concierge cabin offers no benefits for the extra money as far as we are concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you hear any noise in the morning or late evening from the main dining room below these B3 cabins on Deck 7? As I understand the deck plan, these cabins have extended balconies but the noise , if any, would not be worth it.

can you hear any noise in the morning or late evening from the main dining room below these b3 cabins on deck 7? As i understand the deck plan, these cabins have extended balconies but the noise , if any, would not be worth it.

no noise

Can you hear any noise in the morning or late evening from the main dining room below these B3 cabins on Deck 7? As I understand the deck plan, these cabins have extended balconies but the noise , if any, would not be worth it.

No noise at all. Quick flight of stairs to MDR. These cabins are TOTALLY worth it.

The balcony can accommodate 2 loungers which we used most days, BIG PLUS.

cvn_084548.jpg

We had 7124 on Riviera just last month. This our first time with O. We were delighted with the larger balcony, no problem being overlooked, but we were disappointed with the small, no-recline chairs and tiny table. On the interim "what do you think of us" form I wrote that, on such a large balcony, sun loungers would be nice. The next day one sun lounger appeared on the balcony. It was rather "utility", not like the ones on the decks, BUT we were delighted that Oceania read and acted upon my suggestion and I enjoyed the lounger.

Your post, with picture, shows two loungers with cushions. When was this? Did you have to ask? Have Oceania now decided that the loungers are too much of a luxury for such a lowly cabin?! The day before we disembarked the lounger disappeared from the balcony so obviously the next occupants were not going to benefit from this extra. ........ Interesting. ;)

IWe were on Marina last month in 7111 - a wonderful cabin with an extended balcony with a corner view out and forward. I had asked before the cruise if the chairs reclined. The home office said yes, but they were the regular chairs when we got on-board. I had seen loungers in the crew access area, so I asked our wonderful cabin attendant, Alina, if we could secure two loungers. They were there within an hour covered with the nice terry cloth cover.

Absolutely no noise from the dining room, but there is some noise from the open crew access area that is near the cabin. I'm not sure why the door needs to be open, but it was for the entire voyage.

We had 7124 on Riviera just last month. This our first time with O. We were delighted with the larger balcony, no problem being overlooked, but we were disappointed with the small, no-recline chairs and tiny table. On the interim "what do you think of us" form I wrote that, on such a large balcony, sun loungers would be nice. The next day one sun lounger appeared on the balcony. It was rather "utility", not like the ones on the decks, BUT we were delighted that Oceania read and acted upon my suggestion and I enjoyed the lounger.

Your post, with picture, shows two loungers with cushions. When was this? Did you have to ask? Have Oceania now decided that the loungers are too much of a luxury for such a lowly cabin?! The day before we disembarked the lounger disappeared from the balcony so obviously the next occupants were not going to benefit from this extra. ........ Interesting. ;)

We asked for the loungers on the day we boarded and they appeared shortly after. They only supply them on demand so as to leave the balconies free of extra chairs. I knew to ask for them from recommendations on CC.

As others have posted, absolutely no noise from the dining room. In fact, the only noise from other decks I ever have heard on Oceania was from a jazz combo playing one night in Martinis right below our cabin. Never heard the piano or singers who normall performed in that area, just the special group which played one night. And, of course, they stopped by midnight.

Edited by CintiPam