How Many Captian's Club points do I have?

Queen of Oakville

I've never sailed with Celebrity, but my status with Royal puts me at SELECT. I can see from this chart, that I have somewhere between 150 and 299 points

new-tier-graph.jpg

If I go to my profile it shows that my status is SELECT and that I have earned zero points.

After my cruise on reflection, I pick up 3 points per night .... but what does that get added to? Do I start at 150, or 299 or somewhere in between?

You are Select, but you start Celebrity with 0.

From this point on, you will need to generate points on Celebrity for the Captain's Club and, separately, on RCL for C & A. Points are not combineable.

Edited by ECCruise

I've never sailed with Celebrity, but my status with Royal puts me at SELECT. I can see from this chart, that I have somewhere between 150 and 299 points

new-tier-graph.jpg

If I go to my profile it shows that my status is SELECT and that I have earned zero points.

After my cruise on reflection, I pick up 3 points per night .... but what does that get added to? Do I start at 150, or 299 or somewhere in between?

You start at zero. Your status on Royal gives you the Select status on Celebrity but the points are not cumulative. You will earn points separately for each cruise line.

You will have 3 X the number of days of your cruise. You will be Select on Celebrity (because of your status on Royal) till you reach 299, by sailing on Celebrity and the cruise after that, you will be Elite when you have completed that cruise. HTH

You start at zero. Your status on Royal gives you the Select status on Celebrity but the points are not cumulative. You will earn points separately for each cruise line.

That's it in a nutshell...

You will be a Captain's Club Claasic Member with Select Privledges (cause you are a RCCL Crown & Anchor Member at the Platinum or Emerald Level)

I on the other hand am busily working towards Captain's Club Select so I can receive Platinum Privledges on RCCL (although I'll be earning at the Gold Level to start)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=971&faqSubjectId=340

Interestingly...

When you cruise Celebrity or Amazara your points accredit / translate in both programs.

So any points you earn sailing Celebrity will also exist for you on Azamara (Le Club Voyage) *

Although there again you may come out farther ahead with your RCCL Privledges

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

* Example - When I become Select on Celebrity, I also become Explorer on Azamara although I have not sailed with them... And will be working towards Elite on Celebrity, and Discoverer on Azamara at the same time. (too bad it doesn't work the same for RCCL too)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

When you become Diamond on Royal you will be Elite on X.

I think that is only if you wait to sign up for the Captain's Club after you become Diamond. I may be wrong, but since the OP becomes Select on the CC they will have to work through the Celebrity points to get to Elite (at least that is what we had to do).

I think that is only if you wait to sign up for the Captain's Club after you become Diamond. I may be wrong, but since the OP becomes Select on the CC they will have to work through the Celebrity points to get to Elite (at least that is what we had to do).

Not according to the Answer fom the RCCL FAQ Page:

Link (same as in my Reply # 7)

ANSWER

As a benefit of Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Le Club Voyage. If you are currently a member of each loyalty program, you will automatically receive benefits based on your membership level between each. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum or Emerald member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club and Explorer in Le Club Voyage.

If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member; you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member and Discoverer in Le Club Voyage.

The benefits of the programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the Cruise Credit or Cruise Point for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

If you are a Captain’s Club Select or Le Club Voyage Explorer member, then you will receive Platinum benefits if you sail on a Royal Caribbean ship. If you are a Captain’s Club Elite or Discoverer in Le Club Voyage, then you will receive Diamond benefits for the Crown & Anchor Society. [/Quote]

Then there is this last paragraph...

If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club or Le Club Voyage and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises, respectively, call the Loyalty Service Center at (800) 526-9723 to enroll for equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise vacation to receive all the benefits you deserve. [/Quote]

Believe tho that is just there to ensure that RCCL Members call in to register, so someone actually has a list, and can notify Celebrity & Amazara that indeed the Cruiser is registered as they claim they are with RCCL (Reciprocal Benefits)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Not according to the Answer fom the RCCL FAQ Page:

Link (same as in my Reply # 7)

Maybe I misunderstood, but the post I was replying to seemed to imply that the OP, who is currently evidently Platinum on C & A, would become Select on Celebrity, which we all know, but then could go back on Royal, work their way up to Diamond and then be Elite on Celebrity. It doesn't work that way. We are Diamond on RCCL, close to Diamond Plus, but we had to work our way from Elite to Elite + on Celebrity alone.

Edited by ECCruise

Maybe I misunderstood, but the post I was replying to seemed to imply that the OP, who is currently evidently Platinum on C & A, would become Select on Celebrity, which we all know, but then could go back on Royal, work their way up to Diamond and then be Elite on Celebrity. It doesn't work that way. We are Diamond on RCCL, close to Diamond Plus, but we had to work our way from Elite to Elite + on Celebrity alone.

This isn't quite right. If she sails a couple of times on Celebrity and makes select, and then goes back to RCCL, and makes Diamond, she can call up Celebrity and they will match the Diamond with Elite. Anything above _that_ has to be earned, but they will continue to match levels up to Diamond/Elite so maybe that is why you no matter how far you go in Royal, they won't give you Elite +. That has to be earned from 0 on Celebrity. Again, the most you can get with status match is Elite/Diamond.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

To put it another way,

There are two methods to get to Elite on Celebrity, either come in with reciprocal status from Royal, or earn the points all on Celebrity.

But there is only one way to get to Elite Plus on Celebrity. You must earn all the points needed on Celebrity.

While you are earning them all, you will still be Elite due to the Royal reciprocity.

So, back to the OP, how many points do you have on Celebrity, zero until after you have sailed with them.

What is your Status? Select, due to Reciprocity with Royal.

That is correct, but the reason you had to do it that way is because the reciprocity does not extend beyond the Diamond - Elite levels.

The OP is currently only Select with Celebrity, and therefore can still obtain the Elite level on Celebrity by becoming Diamond on RCI.

However, Diamond + on RCI does not transfer to Elite + on Celebrity, or vice versa.

When the reciprocity was first introduced, the Elite activities on Celebrity were overrun by the large numbers of Diamonds coming over from RCI and overwhelming the facilities at the captain's club events that had previously been small, congenial gatherings.

So they decided not to make the same mistake again, and did not extend the reciprocity any further when the two new, higher levels were added to the Captain's Club.

Edited by fleckle

I know this is a surprise but I was given bad info by a RCCL CSR ;)

When we received reciprocity (probably 8 years ago) we were told specifically that it was available only once--you could not go back and forth accruing points and getting reciprocity again. Diamond Plus/Elite Plus didn't exist at that point so I knew that didn't get reciprocity.

Nope, we just turned Diamond with RCI and I checked with MyCelebrity and my status has moved from Select to Elite.

steamboats

It could always be worse :) - I'm ONE point away from being Platinum with RCI - which means that on Celebrity I am Preview with zero points. That's just MEAN!

I think if you check you would be Classic on X and then after you reach Platinum you would be Select.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Interesting information - thank you!

I'm hoping I love Celebrity (sail Nov 15!) ... in which case our future cruises will be with X.

I think on Oasis, I had enough of Royal, but who knows!

I am Platinum with Royal (43 points) so it works out to about another 6 cruises to get Diamond. Good to know that another 6 cruises with Royal would get me higher status on both vs. another 14 cruises with Celebrity to get the status.

Edited by Queen of Oakville