RCCL Stock

We dumped all our RCI stock last week

I feel that Dynamic Dining is going to be a disaster of the new coke magnitude and that the stock will take a hit.

Can't complain since we bought in the low thirty s .

I don't think DD has had an effect on stock price yet, it may be the catalyst to bring it back up though

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I don't think DD has had an effect on stock price yet, it may be the catalyst to bring it back up though

In September the stock hit its all time high of $69.31 while a year ago it was in the low 40s, this is a substantial increase in price while income, cash flow, and assets have remained reliably stable with little change. Therefore I feel that if dynamic dining does not come off perfectly, and be a great hit, that it will be a downward pull on the stock price back, to the mid to lower 40s where it will remain for some months.

This is my opinion and should not be taken as advice to buy or sell any stock of any company.

We dumped all our RCI stock last week

I feel that Dynamic Dining is going to be a disaster of the new coke magnitude and that the stock will take a hit.

Can't complain since we bought in the low thirty s .

The whole market was down.

Dynamic dining should reduce food costs. There is a lot of waste with banquet style food production used in MDR compared with made to order cooking. I don't think it will lower the stock price. Having fresher food that's not been sitting under heat lamps or reheated in a microwave should drive sales to higher end customers that may end up spending more aboard.

In September the stock hit its all time high of $69.31 while a year ago it was in the low 40s, this is a substantial increase in price while income, cash flow, and assets have remained reliably stable with little change. Therefore I feel that if dynamic dining does not come off perfectly, and be a great hit, that it will be a downward pull on the stock price back, to the mid to lower 40s where it will remain for some months.

This is my opinion and should not be taken as advice to buy or sell any stock of any company.

The stock is not going to react to a relatively insignificant change to the ships dining.

The stock price is a reflection of the entire company, all 5 divisions of which RCI is but one. So far DD has not been introduced on any ship and within the next year will be on at least 3 and possibly 5 out of 20 plus ships.

For DD to have any impact on the stock price it would have to have negatively impacted bookings for the overall company which would mean having those ships that have DD sailing significantly less than 100% capacity.

I just don't see that happening. Royal has shown many time over the years that despite pi**ing off its loyal customer base it can and will continue to fill the ships with new cruisers.

This is all without even getting into the fact that onboard revenue from specialty restaurants will most likely increase.

The stock is not going to react to a relatively insignificant change to the ships dining.

The stock price is a reflection of the entire company, all 5 divisions of which RCI is but one. So far DD has not been introduced on any ship and within the next year will be on at least 3 and possibly 5 out of 20 plus ships.

For DD to have any impact on the stock price it would have to have negatively impacted bookings for the overall company which would mean having those ships that have DD sailing significantly less than 100% capacity.

I just don't see that happening. Royal has shown many time over the years that despite pi**ing off its loyal customer base it can and will continue to fill the ships with new cruisers.

This is all without even getting into the fact that onboard revenue from specialty restaurants will most likely increase.[/quote

Either way we should know within the next six months or so.

BTW I have set my buy mark at $44.25

Just going to be a small correction in my opinion. Oil continues to drop in price - which will be a very large driving force in profits for the entire cruise line industry. Profits drive stock prices in the long term, not speculation on viruses.

Just my opinion, not advice. Family is in under $8.00 and not selling.

Happy investing...

- Doc

I see the all time high was just under $80 in March 1999

This is all without even getting into the fact that onboard revenue from specialty restaurants will most likely increase.

Fully agree.

Bigger calamities like the Costa ship sinking, and disaster cruises had negligible impact on the share price.

Things like dynamic dining are insignificant in share price expectation. Unless the poster thinks that all passengers will cancel bookings, for the 6 months following its introduction, which I don't see as very likely at all.