Princess / HAL Loyalty Programs

PATCHESPOP

We have sailed on HAL a number of times and are looking to try a Princess cruise. Since HAL and Princess are both owned by Carnival, is there reciprocity with their passenger loyalty programs? I know that RCCL and Celebrity recognize the others loyalty level but wondered about Princess and HAL. Thanks.

We have sailed on HAL a number of times and are looking to try a Princess cruise. Since HAL and Princess are both owned by Carnival, is there reciprocity with their passenger loyalty programs? I know that RCCL and Celebrity recognize the others loyalty level but wondered about Princess and HAL. Thanks.

sorry but if you cruise princess you will be treated as a newbie and no benefits

No. There's no reciprocity other than you will automatically have a Princess Captain's Circle # and be eligible for past passenger fares. However, you can do a lot better than the past passenger fares with a good discount TA.

The Princess loyalty program is (IMHO) much better than the HAL loyalty program. I'm a 3-star Mariner on HAL as well as Elite on Princess. Since the two programs are so different, there's no reciprocity since it wouldn't be fair to loyal Princess passengers. https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

It is the same for HAL for Princess people, as they don't give any benefits for their Princess loyalty.

HAL does give some extras to Princess passengers allowing them to eat in the MDR upon embarkation and an invitation to the Mariners luncheon.

However, you can do a lot better than the past passenger fares with a good discount TA.

But since my TA, AFAIK, takes a percentage off my past passenger fares, it's in effect a double discount: e.g., 12% off newbie retail on my next cruise.

sorry but if you cruise princess you will be treated as a newbie and no benefits

Not quite a newbie We are elite with Princess and are doing our first HAL this December

I contacted the Mariner dept at HAL and they have allocated me a Vacation Interchange Number (marine number) and called me 1* They have also invited me to the welcome back embarkation day special lunch from 112 noon until 1.30pm??

So although no perks a quite nice welcome

Edited by windsor26

Not quite a newbie We are elite with Princess and are doing our first HAL this December

I contacted the Mariner dept at HAL and they have allocated me a Vacation Interchange Number (marine number) and called me 1* They have also invited me to the welcome back embarkation day special lunch from 112 noon until 1.30pm??

So although no perks a quite nice welcome

As a past Princess passenger, you are also invited to the special past-passenger brunch during the cruise which is very nice. It's a sit-down brunch with two entree choices and flowing wine or soft drink. The Captain welcomes everyone and gives a talk. Its a nice touch.

As a past Princess passenger, you are also invited to the special past-passenger brunch during the cruise which is very nice. It's a sit-down brunch with two entree choices and flowing wine or soft drink. The Captain welcomes everyone and gives a talk. Its a nice touch.

I was not invited to this when I sailed HAL. It may be hit or miss.

I was not invited to this when I sailed HAL. It may be hit or miss.
That's possible. I remember being very surprised and impressed when my friend and I were invited even though it was our first HAL cruise. It was on the Prinsendam so perhaps it depends on the size of the ship and/or Captain. That's a possibility.

My welcome message as a past Princess cruiser to a new HAL cruise says"

* Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm)

* Complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch, to be scheduled by Captain on board.

* A special collectible gift presented to you on board at the Brunch

* E-version of Mariner Magazine

* Invitations to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society

* Special offers on select sailings

* A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings

My welcome message as a past Princess cruiser to a new HAL cruise says"

* Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm)

* Complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch, to be scheduled by Captain on board.

* A special collectible gift presented to you on board at the Brunch

* E-version of Mariner Magazine

* Invitations to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society

* Special offers on select sailings

* A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings

This is interesting. We did eat in the dining room on the first day. We just followed the crowd and they did not check any cards. We were not invited to the Mariner Brunch. We do receive a ton of mailings from them.

We've been to a few of the HAL brunches. The first one, on the Westerdam, was exactly as Pam described. The most recent one, on the Veendam, did not have flowing wine. The waiter poured a glass of white or red if you wanted it, but they did not circulate and offer more. They had preset the tables with a glass of sparkling wine at each place.