Final Payment Due Date?

Oxo

How many days is the Final Payment required before the cruise? I remember it use to be 60, then 65, 70 and sometimes more.

Is Celebrity doing this to eliminate the price reduction refunds?

Currently, Final Payment is due 75 Days before sailing (90 Days before Holiday and other Special Sailings)

Info can be found on Celebrity's Website - FAQ Section = http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions

Cheers!

You are correct. Celebrity requires final payment 75 days prior to the cruise. However, some agents and agencies require an earlier final payment. I know one agency that wants payment 90-100 days before the cruise. Groups may have even different requirements. Best to check the policy of your particular Agency. Final payment date is usually listed on your invoice.

Edited by Orator

You are correct. Celebrity requires final payment 75 days prior to the cruise. However, some agents and agencies require an earlier final payment. I know one agency that wants payment 90-100 days before the cruise. Groups may have even different requirements. Best to check the policy of your particular Agency. Final payment date is usually listed on your invoice.

Good points... Indeed when dealing with a TA they can set their own rules in regards to Payment Deadlines.

1 - 5 night sailings - 60 days

6 nights or longer - 75 days

Holiday and Galapagos sailings - 90 days

YMMV

Learned something new. Thank you

Cheers!

We always use a TA-not necessarily the same one-and appreciate them wanting the payment earlier than the ship requirement. There have been a couple times when the credit card we tried to use was no longer valid, and we had time to correct it and get the payment in on time.

Note that even if you pay before the final date as required by the cruise line, you can still take advantage of last minute price drops before that date, so you are not penalized in that respect.

Happy sails to you

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I was going to book a cruise for December and found out that final payment was the next day! Yep 75 days out. Since we don't need airline tickets we decided to wait and see if there are any bargains. Sorry Celebrity, but I'm not handing over the total amount of a cruise in Sept for something I won't use until Dec if I can help it!!!

I also looked at some sailings for Jan thru Feb. Sticker shock!!!! Some of the prices are more than doubled.

I was going to book a cruise for December and found out that final payment was the next day! Yep 75 days out. Since we don't need airline tickets we decided to wait and see if there are any bargains. Sorry Celebrity, but I'm not handing over the total amount of a cruise in Sept for something I won't use until Dec if I can help it!!!

I also looked at some sailings for Jan thru Feb. Sticker shock!!!! Some of the prices are more than doubled.

Good luck. Good strategy as long as you are flexible.

I notice that you have been on a significant number of cruises. Have you usually avoided final payments at the 60-75 day window by booking closer to the sail date? I have done this a few times, but we are too particular about our actual cruise and cabin to be flexible most of the time.

The price for our January cruise on the Eclipse has gone up. The suite and AC category are sold out already for our 2015 November TA. Quite a bit different than our past experiences.

And just as an FYI: We are doing a T/A next month. On the roll call thread, someone who is sailing with us, but lives in Germany, and I'm assuming booked through an agent there, said something along the line of "final payment is due next week". But our final payment was due more then a month prior to their post. I guess there are different requirements for bookings done outside of the US.

What sort of upsets me is that it seems that after Final Payment a week or so later the price goes down on all categories. I am not talking about $100/person, but more like $200/person for Inside. Then when you compare an Inside to a Veranda the difference is only $250 more for a veranda/person when compared to the price of an Inside that was the price before the Final Payment.

Yes, I understand, that is business. LOL

I bet they also get a lot of cancellations the week of final payment. It's only at that time do they know what inventory is left and how aggressively they need to sell it off.

Yes it can be frustrating but when I'm flexible I play the game and book after final payment. Did a veranda GTY on Eclipse TA and got assigned a nice 1A cabin at a good price.

Once your cruise is booked, the exact deadline for your final payment (meaning the date!) is listed on your reservation on Celebrity's website. No counting or guessing required.

Edited by cynbar

Once your cruise is booked, the exact deadline for your final payment (meaning the date!) is listed on your reservation on Celebrity's website. No counting or guessing required.

Knew that and see that. However, that was not the question or point.

Good luck. Good strategy as long as you are flexible.

I notice that you have been on a significant number of cruises. Have you usually avoided final payments at the 60-75 day window by booking closer to the sail date? I have done this a few times, but we are too particular about our actual cruise and cabin to be flexible most of the time.

The price for our January cruise on the Eclipse has gone up. The suite and AC category are sold out already for our 2015 November TA. Quite a bit different than our past experiences.

Yes we have done a number of cruises and I only remember one of our cruises where the final payment was 75 days out and that was the 30 day Hawaii/tahiti cruise. For little cruises of 7 days I thought it was 30 days out, but I have been sailing HAL for the last couple of years. If you see where I live you can see that I am within two hours driving time of three major cruise ports and so I don't need any airline tickets, we are also retired so we can wait until the last week or even check for the last couple of weeks and pick which ever has the best price or deals.

"I also looked at some sailings for Jan thru Feb. Sticker shock!!!! Some of the prices are more than doubled."

We've booked our very 1st cruise and stayed conservative length-wise until we know whether we like cruising: just 5 days in Feb to Key West and Mexico. Rates are running 609/pp for OV cabin (with PYP and possibly $95 ta obc). We need midship, so booked in Aug - even though we only live 20 min from port.

I'm definitely not trying to obsess over getting the cheapest price as that's a game I likely can't win, given cabin needs. But as a newbie, I guess I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance/perspective: is 609/pp fairly reasonable for a 5 day, given what Celebrity offers? And how much buyer's remorse am I risking? Do rates generally bottom out big time after final pymt even on these shorter cruises? A $50-75 drop - no sweat. A $200 drop on a $600 cruise - painful! :)

"I also looked at some sailings for Jan thru Feb. Sticker shock!!!! Some of the prices are more than doubled."

We've booked our very 1st cruise and stayed conservative length-wise until we know whether we like cruising: just 5 days in Feb to Key West and Mexico. Rates are running 609/pp for OV cabin (with PYP and possibly $95 ta obc). We need midship, so booked in Aug - even though we only live 20 min from port.

I'm definitely not trying to obsess over getting the cheapest price as that's a game I likely can't win, given cabin needs. But as a newbie, I guess I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance/perspective: is 609/pp fairly reasonable for a 5 day, given what Celebrity offers? And how much buyer's remorse am I risking? Do rates generally bottom out big time after final pymt even on these shorter cruises? A $50-75 drop - no sweat. A $200 drop on a $600 cruise - painful! :)

No way to predict for sure what the prices will do after final payment date on a future cruise.

It depends on how well they sell and what cancellations they get.

I was just looking at the Constellation 5 day cruise on Feb. 16 that goes to Key West and Cozumel, where OV cabin prices range from a low of $479 for category 08 to a high of $539 for category 04.

They are not yet showing prices for veranda guarantees, but when/if they do, rather than pay $539 for an OV, one may be able to book a balcony for only a little more.

I apologize then. I thought you were trying to figure out when your final payment date is. Just trying to help.

No need to apologize. I really didn't mean that as a hard statement. That is one thing wrong with this type of communication. We cannot read and interpret what one really is saying or meaning.

Thanks for your input!!!