How early can i disembark from fll ship?

caribtravel

My ship returns to FLL at 7:00am. How soon can I disembark with only "carry on luggage". I would like to fly out at 11:00am.

If all goes perfectly, you can probably make it flying out of FLL.

But if anything goes wrong i.e. a holdup with customs or immigration, a problem with tying up the ship, a problem with the longshoreman's union, any mechanical problem in docking, etc., you could easily miss your flight.

The airport is close but the timing is very "iffy."

Make certain you have a backup plan if necessary.

Scott & Karen

Even though your documents indicate that the ship will arrive at 7 AM -- it may arrive earlier.

BUT -- you still have to wait for the local authorities to clear the ship before anyone can get off the ship.

I know that on HAL, self disembarkation usually starts around 7:30 if all has gone well.

It is only about a 15 minute taxi ride from the pier to the airport.

Your other big hang-up -- many times the security lines at the airport can be quite long -- especially on the weekends.

As long as there are no snafus with docking and customs/immigration, you should be fine. A few times now, we've done self walk off, grabbed a cab, and been at our gate (not check-in, but our gate) shortly after 9AM. However, it's always been on a longer then 7 day cruise and have always returned on a weekday when there was only one or two ships arriving. It may take a bit longer if you are returning on a Sat/Sun with several ships arriving (and therefore a lot more people at the airport). Perhaps someone with that experience will post.

Edited by marco

• 1 month later...