What would you do? Back to Back help

Currently booked on a Back to back on Independence in January. I'm still within final payment on the first leg. I noticed today a $220 price drop (looks like a weekend wow) on the first leg of the cruise. in order for me to get this rate I would lose $100 OBC (booked during a wow sale) and I would have to change cabins (I have the same cabin for both legs). In essence, the savings is really $120. Is it really worth it having to change cabins on turn around day? thoughts !

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

We've not yet been able to do a back to back, but I don't think I'd want the (admittedly first world and minor) hassle of changing staterooms for $120. I'd be more inclined for $200, and $500 it would be a no brainer.

I would probably not change things, when we've done B2Bs, it is always nice to be able to stay in the same cabin. If the price difference was greater, I might change my mind!:D

Sherri:)

Currently booked on a Back to back on Independence in January. I'm still within final payment on the first leg. I noticed today a $220 price drop (looks like a weekend wow) on the first leg of the cruise. in order for me to get this rate I would lose $100 OBC (booked during a wow sale) and I would have to change cabins (I have the same cabin for both legs). In essence, the savings is really $120. Is it really worth it having to change cabins on turn around day? thoughts !

Why do you have to change cabins? Are you moving to a lower category stateroom?

Most likely the same stateroom was not available for the second cruise.

If OP started with the same stateroom on his B2B and found that the first leg dropped $220 in the same category - He should be able to stay in that cabin? I'm assuming

he is changing categories to get a lower rate if he MUST change cabins.

Have changed cabins on a B2B. Booked 2nd week on a sale and 2nd week same cabin wasn't available. Funny thing was were at opposite ends of the ship. Found ourselves a couple of times the second week heading the direction of the first week's cabin. :) As one poster noted, it did make the 2nd week seem like we hadn't been on till then.

We were on the Oasis, so those cabin stewards are really pushed for time. Steward said he would help. Only thing we asked was to communicate with the other steward as to when the other cabin was ready. Got us a cart and we rolled our stuff over. Really nothing to it since no passengers on board.

Your decision to change cabins will definitely be a personal one. The variables that matter to you, won't matter to someone else. Either way, we totally enjoy your B2B!

If OP started with the same stateroom on his B2B and found that the first leg dropped $220 in the same category - He should be able to stay in that cabin? I'm assuming

he is changing categories to get a lower rate if he MUST change cabins.

You are correct, he said he would have to change statetooms to get the lower rate, so that must mean a change in category.

It would not be worth the hassle for us. It's not just the move itself, it's packing everything up, except for hanging clothes, and then coordinating with the current and future room steward on switching cabins, all while having to disembark at some point for Immigration. We've done it many times, but would not do it for $120.

Good luck with your decision, Erik. :)

I did a back to back on another line and could not stay in the same cabin since it wasn't available for the second week. Also, I booked it as 2 seperate cruises since I got more loyalty points that way. Categories were the same with no price drop so I was not getting any money. Since I did it for "free", so in this case I would do it for $120 :D It really wasn't a hassle to move and I was already getting off the ship to meet my husband for the second week.:)

I did a back to back on another line and could not stay in the same cabin since it wasn't available for the second week. Also, I booked it as 2 seperate cruises since I got more loyalty points that way. Categories were the same with no price drop so I was not getting any money. Since I did it for "free", so in this case I would do it for $120 :D It really wasn't a hassle to move and I was already getting off the ship to meet my husband for the second week.:)

I've heard it's not really a hassle. This is my first back to back so I think this time I just want to enjoy it and relax. Next time I will definitely consider it a little more .

We switched cabins during our recent b2b but that was because the cost of the 2nd cruise in a JS went up $2,000 so we went back to a D-1. We stayed on the same deck just moved a little aft of the elevators instead of being forward of them, no hassel at all, but I agree, with your decision to remain in the same cabin

We switched cabins during our recent b2b but that was because the cost of the 2nd cruise in a JS went up $2,000 so we went back to a D-1. We stayed on the same deck just moved a little aft of the elevators instead of being forward of them, no hassel at all, but I agree, with your decision to remain in the same cabin

yeah $2000 is a little different than $120. I would switch ships $2000 lol :D:D:D:D