Anything to eat in Terminal 5 at Port Canaveral

ms simba

What can I expect to find inside Terminal 5 at Port Canaveral? I assume there are toilets but is there anywhere to get a quick bite? I will be dropping someone off and parking in the garage. I prefer to park in the garage for personal reasons.

If it's like the other terminal at Canaveral, restrooms is all you will find, and a little seating. Perhaps a water fountain, but I never looked. Ask on the Florida Departures board, under North American Homeports. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

several places to grab a bite just outside the terminal area tho ranging from Micky D's to Grills et al in the "Cove" area ...

arriving on SR-528 just continue past the turn off to the north cruise terminals and either head into the 'south terminal' area for the COVE or continue less than 1/2 mile for McD, Kelly's Pizza (very good), Zachery's Diner (Greek American diner, good breakfast) . . .

Other than the DCL terminal at PC which at one time had a snack bar (muffins and such but no meals; dunno if still there, been a while since we Disney'd)) I can't recall seeing 'food' at any cruise terminal I've sailed from . . . most want to get on the ship fast and eat "for free" there . . . as mentioned, cruise terminals are not set up like airport terminals . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

Seriously........ No food anywhere in any of Canaveral's terminals?

I never heard of that in any U.S. airport.

Wow! Why?

cruise terminals are NOT airports. at best the cruise line will provide coffee/hot chocolate , water and maybe, if you are supremely lucky, cookies.

Sorry. I read the OP quickly and thought they were referring to airport not cruise terminal.

I've been in a number of cruise terminals and the only I remember having food was a snack bar in Port Everglades Terminal 21 (?) years ago before the remodel. Halifax Terminal has some food, maybe San Juan and Pireaus. I can't think of any other where I've seen any food.

Don't worry about food in the terminal. Once on board there will be more to eat than you could possibly put away, and you have already paid for it!

As the Comedian "Sarge" said once on Princess, they don't call them food barges for nothing!

Don't worry about food in the terminal. Once on board there will be more to eat than you could possibly put away, and you have already paid for it!

As the Comedian "Sarge" said once on Princess, they don't call them food barges for nothing!

I was thinking this same thing - you're in the terminal for probably at most an hour or so (assuming you arrive early), and will soon be onboard where the lunch buffet, and possibly other venues, are serving lunch before noon.

I was thinking this same thing - you're in the terminal for probably at most an hour or so (assuming you arrive early), and will soon be onboard where the lunch buffet, and possibly other venues, are serving lunch before noon.

I found this to be the case at Port Canaveral--and at Miami, both times with NCL. Last year, in Miami with Carnival, we were in the short outside line around 11:00 but did not walk onto the ship until 1:30. Terminal D had some vending machines. We didn't need them, but I always carry a few small snacks just in case.