Under age drinking

Shipbound

Would you buy drinks for a guest if you new they were under age ? The reason I asked this question is that guests have asked me to buy them drinks and I new they were under age, I said no.

Gary

If I knew them to be underage why would I knowingly break the law for them?

Would you buy drinks for a guest if you new they were under age ? The reason I asked this question is that guests have asked me to buy them drinks and I new they were under age, I said no.

Gary

Not unless I was legally responsible for them.

Gary

I would not buy a drink for a guest of any age if I didn't know the person and that person asked me. I might offer to buy a drink for someone, but unless I know the person, I would not buy that person a drink if that person asked me to buy it for them.

Yes. BUT, they must be 18 years or older and be satisfied with just one or maybe 2 if they are watered down, they must be with me, and they must be my daughter or son. If they do not fit all those requirements, then the answer becomes a firm NO.

If they were hot and over 18 maybe

Well you would be surprised how many guys would do this which like you said it is a bad idea because it is against the law and if the girls parents are on the ship you're in deep deep trouble.

Gary

No.... bad idea!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Well you would be surprised how many guys would do this which like you said it is a bad idea because it is against the law and if the girls parents are on the ship you're in deep trouble.

Gary

Gary

ABSOLUTELY NOT. I'm teaching my own kids to respect and abide by the Law of Man (as well as God's Laws of course). What are you teaching them by buying an underage drinker, a drink? Ask yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by t1adams

Gary

No.

God never said you can't drink. He did say that we were not to over indulge and be dumb about it. Even our own Lord Jesus Christ turned water into wine. Teaching our kids how to be responsible is what's important. And back to what many people seem to bring up: if this country can send my son or daughter over to fight in a war at 18 years of age, then as their parent I can buy them a glass of wine over a nice dinner together. I agree with the above person - my child, my decision. Sometimes just because it is a law doesn't make it right. And certainly doesn't make it a given trump card over a parent's choice of what's best for their own child. We know our children best.

My own child, my decision.

I see nothing wrong with giving my children a glass of wine or a beer with dinner. Both are legal adults, one is contracted with the army, and we believe that drinking in moderation is acceptable, while drinking to get falling down drunk is not acceptable.

Buying for others? No.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. I'm teaching my own kids to respect and abide by the Law of Man (as well as God's Laws of course). What are you teaching them by buying an underage drinker, a drink? Ask yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I always taught my kids that in between the laws of man and the laws of God is this massive grey area where most of us ( whether we like to admit it or not) all dwell.

Not everything is all black and white , and what may be the end all be all that this guy lives and dies by, might not mean yesterdays newspaper to the next guy.

I always taught them that they are NEVER going to please everyone , so don't even make yourself crazy trying.

Don't deliberately hurt anyone , be respectful when respect is given to you. Give everyone at least one chance.

The other stuff like having a drink before you are of age , you come to that bridge when you get to it and make it up as you go along.

I wouldn't buy a drink for anyone that asked to buy them a drink regardless of their age.

You bring up a good point. On one cruise a man asked my husband to order him a drink and he'd pay him for it in cash. Seems he didn't want it to show up on the account and have his wife find out he'd been drinking. :rolleyes:

LuLu

You bring up a good point. On one cruise a man asked my husband to order him a drink and he'd pay him for it in cash. Seems he didn't want it to show up on the account and have his wife find out he'd been drinking. :rolleyes:

LuLu

Sounds like the guy has more problems than alcohol :)

Yes. BUT, they must be 18 years or older and be satisfied with just one or maybe 2 if they are watered down, they must be with me, and they must be my daughter or son. If they do not fit all those requirements, then the answer becomes a firm NO.

And this can still get you kicked off the ship if they find out. This is not a legal drinking age. Are you willing to risk your vacation for an underage buzz?

Fighting for your country and having a drink? Sure, I am with you. At home where I am queen!

Buying a drink in an environment that will make me forfeit my cruise (or go to jail) because you are underage? Nope, not going to happen. Ask someone else. ;)

Back in my younger days the state of Maine actually lowered the drinking age to 18......briefly. Not an experiment they have repeated. :cool: