Anyne else unable to log into 'my celebrity'?

iandjm

After many hours of getting the same "user name and password" not correct message, I finally called Celebrity. Was transferred a couple of times before I finally got a guy on the phone in the employee tech department who advised that they were aware there was a problem. If only the first person had told me that!!! I did have to tell Mr. I.T. that while I love, love, love Celebrity, using their website is always a challenge!

I eventually got in, got the 'silly' website on vacation message after checking out some items in my cart, then got a confirmation that they had been checked out anyway! Also then found one of the items had gone in my cart twice and now have to pay for it and then cancel it as I can't simply remove it from the cart.

Really this site does not inspire me with confidence for my first Celebrity cruise next week - I hope it is just their IT expertise that is lacking!

Edit: OK I take it back, I have now been able to remove the item. :) Next challenge is adding some more!

Edited by heathermk57

Heather,

You will love your Celebrity onboard experience. Last October was my first time sailing with them; I came back from that trip and cancelled my pending trip on Royal Princess in favor of returning to Equinox next February...with another cruise planned for Solstice in 2016. They are wonderful. Sorry you are having problems with the website...wish they could get it fixed!

Seems to be better this morning here in Aus too. I was getting the incorrect name and password for days, and was so pleased that I had already done all the check in and printing a couple of weeks ago. It just feels better when you can log in and see "Departs in 18 days!" :)

Seems to be better this morning here in Aus too. I was getting the incorrect name and password for days, and was so pleased that I had already done all the check in and printing a couple of weeks ago. It just feels better when you can log in and see "Departs in 18 days!" :)

Yesterday we got the same incorrect name and password. Even requested name and password from Celebrity and then that did not work either. Today, OK.

Heather,

You will love your Celebrity onboard experience. Last October was my first time sailing with them; I came back from that trip and cancelled my pending trip on Royal Princess in favor of returning to Equinox next February...with another cruise planned for Solstice in 2016. They are wonderful. Sorry you are having problems with the website...wish they could get it fixed!

Thank you for the reassurance. :):)

Able to log in, but says "Status. 24 hr. hold". We made final payment with the TA and have had the reservation since February! Also, not seeing the beverage package listed, although I had seen it after the last glitch, but not since this new one.

Seems to be working fine here - Yippee. Thank You Celebrity.

I also need advice here re the website -

I have forgotten how to link other reservations to ours online . Our family is travelling- 3 cabins - and in the past the reservations were linked . This is the section . Any advice most appreciated.

Family and Friends :

No travelers linked with the reservation.

It seems like the Celebrity website has been down for several hours. Has anyone been on the website in the last couple of hours?
Yes, I just did online check-in. All went very smoothly.

The entire thing took me (a slow typist) about 15 minutes, from start through express pass.

So if anyone needs to use the Celebrity website, this looks like a good time to do it.

But hurry up before it crashes again. ;)

I also need advice here re the website -

I have forgotten how to link other reservations to ours online . Our family is travelling- 3 cabins - and in the past the reservations were linked . This is the section . Any advice most appreciated.

Family and Friends :

No travelers linked with the reservation.

Go into your Celebrity account.

Under

Manage Reservation

View Reservation

under Family and Friends: click on Edit

and a box pops up titled Link Family and Friends.

That is where you enter the reservation numbers you want to link.

If you are using a travel agent, however, you lose the ability to make such changes and additions yourself but need to have your travel agent make them for you.

Yes, I just did online check-in. All went very smoothly.

The entire thing took me (a slow typist) about 15 minutes, from start through express pass.

So if anyone needs to use the Celebrity website, this looks like a good time to do it.

But hurry up before it crashes again. ;)

Worked for us today, also. :)

Tried last night to book the last of our excursions for our upcoming cruise. As it was the last day that we could do this (we sail in 4 days now) it had to be done yesterday.

All went fine, log in OK, items in basket OK, then went to add my card details to check out the cart..... 'A problem has been found' apparently the name on my credit card is not valid, despite it being the same card I have used all along.

So now we must wait and book these on the ship. I know this is not a disaster and there are worse things going on in the world but why oh why can't a multi-national organisation like Celebrity get it's act together and fix their interface with the public! Very frustrating!

Rant over, thank you. Off to work now, my last day for two whole weeks - yippee! Have a good day all.