Are Deck 10 cabins noisy?

Being right underneath all the pools, the Windjammer, etc., I'm wondering if anyone who has had a room on Deck 10 can tell me how noisy they are?

Our experience has been that not all deck 10 staterooms are noisy. However, the few times we have heard noises that bothered us, they have been at 4am and sounded like deck chairs were being thrown around. Our preference is for deck 9 on Voyager/Freedom class ships, but I would not totally rule out a deck 10 stateroom.

Being right underneath all the pools, the Windjammer, etc., I'm wondering if anyone who has had a room on Deck 10 can tell me how noisy they are?

Which class of ship? I have to assume not on Oasis or Alure. I always try to keep a one deck buffer between me and the pool deck/windjammer.

We had a cabin below the deck pools...we heard a little bit of deck scratching, but not much (maybe 5 times all cruise) It was almost a trade off being so close to a lot of the action on that deck.

I've stayed in cabin 1700 on Indy, it's an aft cabin, very large balcony, right under the windjammer. I didn't hear a sound in this cabin. I've also stayed in cabin 1677. That's an inside cabin, also under the windjammer, but also right next to a service elevator. Room service carts where banging around all hours of the day and night, very noisy. In August I stayed in a junior suite on deck 8 on Vision of the Seas. On Vision, deck 9 is the pool deck. I was in cabin 8522. That cabin was right below the main pool area, again very noisy. I think being below the solarium pool would be a different story. One deck below the pool deck is very convenient, and I wouldn't hesitate to book a room their again. I would just make sure it wasn't directly under one of the main pool areas or near a service elevator.

Aft Cabins Rule

Edited by ATC cruiser

That's our preferred deck...once in a while you will hear a scrape or thump, depending where you are, but it's not annoying, to us! You will hear noises all over the ship, especially from the cabin hallways...on every deck. If loud folks pass by, you will hear them.

I've been below the pool deck 6 or 7 times. They can get noisy from deck or windjammer activities. On Explorer it was always waking me up. But sometimes for a nicer cabin that's the compromise. Generally I try for a cabin sandwiched between two other decks of cabins.

Just been in cabin 1568...Indy.. no sound at all...and I am a light sleeper

You don't say which ship, but on some ships some are very noisy. On the Radiance, we were in cabin 1094 for 2 weeks, and had horrible noise from about 5:00am on. Noises ranged from miscellaneous banging sounds to what sounded like a giant coffee grinder or maybe a garbage grinder and would be intermittent all during the day and into the evening. We would have asked to be moved, but the ship was full and they couldn't even find cabins for people who had water leaking into their cabins from above. Luckily for the second 2 weeks of our B2B, we moved to cabin 1100 and it was great - no noise issues at all. I'd Google or search CC for specific ship/cabin numbers that might be available before making a commitment.

One and only time under the pool deck, we were awaken every morning before 5 by deck chairs being tossed in place. It was a TA and we had hoped to sleep late during the 6 sea days. We will never be under the a pool area again or the buffet or fitness center.

Yes, on Serenade room 1594,noise all day and night, reported to guest services every day

We were on the Mariner and the Freedom twice and every cruise we were in Cabin 1568.

It was just behind the upper level jacuzzi.

Only once in all of those cruises were we woken up at night with the sound of pool chairs moving above us. Fell back asleep.

Loved the location, and would book this level again.

Enjoy

We did

Sea Ya