Nordstrom's

Lois R

I love Nordstroms! It's one stop shopping for me (I'm a lazy, lazy shopper, If I find something I like, I'll buy 2 or 3 of it)

Regarding Caslon & Halogen, most of my clothing is from that brand, I'm in my very late 40's & can't imagine my two DD's in their mid twenties wearing that style, it's definitely middle aged clothes, but I'm good with that, as I am middle aged :D

The Caslon brand tends to run very large on sizing, so if you're having fit problems you may need to go down a size or even two.. they really are cut big.

Another brand they carry is Kut from Kloth, I think it's an in store brand too, but not sure, love their corduroy skinny jeans, they are super light weight & roll down to nothing to pack.

I love the fact that I can order it all online & have the sizing down now, so I don't have to go into a store, even though you literally can't throw a rock without hitting a Nordstrom's around here. :)

I do love Nordstrom's shoe dept. that's definitely worth an in store trip for me!

Hi girls,:) I went to the Nordstrom's and maybe I was just not in the mood

to shop or something, but I wasn't overly impressed:rolleyes:......maybe I need

to go back but I didn't realize EVERYTHING is "priced at full retail":eek:....

the few items I actually looked at up close? Way more than I normally

spend for clothing.

They do offer a restaurant/bar and I had a drink and an order of Calamari

and it was very good:)

spend for clothing.

Hi Lois, Maybe try back in a few weeks, I usually buy off of their sale racks if I buy in store, I'm not a big fan of their "pre-season" sale, but their clearance racks usually are 33 to 40% off. I'm guessing your store is too new to have any clearance items already.

& your lunch sounds great , I had a can of campbell's soup:)

Hi Lois, Maybe try back in a few weeks, I usually buy off of their sale racks if I buy in store, I'm not a big fan of their "pre-season" sale, but their clearance racks usually are 33 to 40% off. I'm guessing your store is too new to have any clearance items already.

& your lunch sounds great , I had a can of campbell's soup:)

Oh, it was not lunch:eek:....I went to the store after work.......had a

fun Martini and the Calamari as an appetizer:D...this was earlier in the week.

Edited by Lois R

spend for clothing.

Lois, you were at a Nordstroms, not a Nordstroms Rack. Just like the difference between Saks Fifth Avenue and Saks Fifth Off. And, the Rack is the one more like TJ Maxx. Yes, unless you find the sale rack in the department, everything is full retail. And it's the Nordstroms that has the restaurants...

Lois, you were at a Nordstroms, not a Nordstroms Rack. Just like the difference between Saks Fifth Avenue and Saks Fifth Off. And, the Rack is the one more like TJ Maxx. Yes, unless you find the sale rack in the department, everything is full retail. And it's the Nordstroms that has the restaurants...

Hi:) I was at NORDSTROM's......the "regular store".....I know it has

a restauarant....I ate there;)...the drink and the Calamari were quite good.

And I won't be going back to shop there anytime soon.......the prices

are more than I care to spend.

Hi again, :)I tried to edit my previous post but time had run out.

I wanted to say I know the difference between the Rack and the regular

store.......I was just remarking that I hadn't realized how pricey some

of the clothing is at the regular store.

I know many folks love it there and they have a very loyal following.

I really enjoyed my drink and Calamari:D......and may go back there

to eat again;) but as for clothing? Their prices are not for me.

I hope some top folks at Nordstrom management are reading these comments.

I wear an XL in most clothing, but sometimes I do need to go to 1X in clothing such as Ralph Lauren that is cut tighter. Over recent years Nordstrom has reduced their in-store offerings in 1X and higher to such an extent it is hardly worth even going into the department anymore. I suppose they believe those who wear 1X or higher are not interested in Nordstrom. Or maybe Nordstrom doesn't doesn't want 1Xers to be seen in their very fashionable store.

What they forget, however, is that the 1Xers of this world also buy shoes, handbags, cosmetics, and other items in the store. If 1Xers think their business is not welcome, why would they go in the store at all?

I do love their restaurant/bar, but still resent the greatly reduced "Plus-Size" department hidden just outside the door of the restaurant aat the Boca Town center store.

I hope some top folks at Nordstrom management are reading these comments.

I wear an XL in most clothing, but sometimes I do need to go to 1X in clothing such as Ralph Lauren that is cut tighter. Over recent years Nordstrom has reduced their in-store offerings in 1X and higher to such an extent it is hardly worth even going into the department anymore. I suppose they believe those who wear 1X or higher are not interested in Nordstrom. Or maybe Nordstrom doesn't doesn't want 1Xers to be seen in their very fashionable store.

What they forget, however, is that the 1Xers of this world also buy shoes, handbags, cosmetics, and other items in the store. If 1Xers think their business is not welcome, why would they go in the store at all?

I do love their restaurant/bar, but still resent the greatly reduced "Plus-Size" department hidden just outside the door of the restaurant aat the Boca Town center store.

I don't wear Plus Size, but I do wear a 14 and I am 'endowed.' That's why I have a problem with their store brands ... most brands (including Caslon) are cut for women with flatter chests. I have the same problem at other stores, but Nordstrom in particular doesn't seem to carry much in sizes over 12. I've shopped at Nordies across the country and it's the same thing everywhere. I want to buy quality clothes and am willing to spend the money, but designers don't seem to want my money for clothes ... Kindof like Julia Roberts' character in Pretty Woman - I have all this money to spend but no one wants to help me.

Lois - I agree that much of their clothing is expensive, and I rarely find much that I like (outside of shoes). And even shoes --- last week I tried on about 15 pairs of shoes but could not find a single pair that worked. Even the clerk admitted that they were off the mark with the shoes in stores this year because they focused on boots and stiletto heels.

• 5 months later...
Huh? When I was in my 20s (I'm 34 now) I always thought the Caslon brand was for people like my mom, 40-50s.

Caslon is considered one of their introductory brands. It is priced lower for things similar in their higher priced brands. These are meant to create a way for those on leaner budgets to be introduced to their customer service, nice store lay outs, lack of over crowded departments, etc. They figure that you'll then return for those type brands and buy your cosmetics and shoes there too.

So it's more a price point than age group thing really.