Luggage Tags - Folding question

Dklam

So, last time we cruised 20 years ago, we were sent luggage tags. I printed out mine from Edocs and did a search on CC on all the threads and know that I should either laminate them or put them inside inexpensive clear holders before attaching. BUT, I can't figure out how to properly fold the darn things so both sides show up !! I am the type that learns best by watching, not following printed directions (which explains the fact that my new night table for IKEA is still in the box 6 months later)....

So, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!:confused::confused:

I don't fold them at all. I just put clear tape on both sides (front and back makes them strong enough) then cut them out. You simply put them through the luggage handles and either staple them together (where is says staple here) or tape them. Just to be safe, make sure the part with your name and address is showing. Simple but works pretty good.

Edited by LAWTONCRUISE

I print them, follow the folding instructions, then I use clear wide packaging tape and laminate them. Then I use a hole punch and I fold the tag and whole punch it, then I use a bright colored ribbon or zip tye to thread through the whole punch and I attach to my handle.

Carnival Elation 2010

Carnival Fascination 2011

Carnival Ecstasy 2013

Carnival Dream 2014

Carnival Liberty 2015

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The page is divided into thirds......

Keeping the printed side up, fold one side under lengthwise along the solid line. Do the same on the other side.

Now the paper should just have the middle "luggage tag" information showing, with the 2 folds underneath.

Now all you need to do is attach this strip of paper through your luggage handle and tape it with clear tape or staple it.

Do not attach this tag if you are flying to the port city. Do it once you've picked up your bags from the baggage carousel.

I print them, follow the folding instructions, then I use clear wide packaging tape and laminate them. Then I use a hole punch and I fold the tag and whole punch it, then I use a bright colored ribbon or zip tye to thread through the whole punch and I attach to my handle.

Very similar but I just print them out single sided, cut them and laminate two at a time and cut them out. I then fix double-sided sticky pads to one end ready to remove the open side when I need them. We are usually flying so we use the airlane labels until we get to the arrival carousel at the airport and then just remove the sticky backs, fold end-to-end and stick the ends together over the luggage handles. Always worked so far.

Simple process really...

1. Print out twice as many as you think you need. In other words if you need 6, print 12.

2. Cut out the baggage tags along their exact shape and take any two and place them back to back.

3. Now you may laminate them, or cover both sides with heavy duty clear packing tape.

4. Punch a hole near the top center of the laminated/taped tags and thread with a sturdy elastic band. When you are ready to attach them, you with thread the tag around the handle and back through the elastic to hang it on your bag :)

I never bother with those playground thingies, porters have real tags available in the port. :)

Agreed, the ones from the porters are the real deal and work great just as long as the writing is legible. On our last cruise, the porter's numbers were funky and one of our bags was delayed several hours. You can always just ask to write the cabin number on yourself at the port.

I purchased some clear pocket type reusable tags made specifically for cruise luggage tags on Amazon. They work great and I have used them four times already and no wear issue at all. They are the ones listed as "narrow" for $16.95 for 8 of them. I gave away 4 as a gift and kept the others for myself. Search for cruise luggage tag holders if you are interested. We cruise twice a year and it was worth it to me. 😉

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

For our Getaway cruise I had ordered the skinny plastic tags from Amazon that worked great. I printed my tags for our upcoming Epic cruise, and only then did I remember reading that the luggage tags had changed. They are now these giant wide things that won't in any way fit in my skinny plastic holders.

We just fold ours as directed and staple them on when we get to the port (as we always fly in), never bothered with tape or laminating, not lost a bag yet! ;)

For the last dozen cruises and one coming up in 2 days time, we did exactly the same - printed several copies, folded each according to directions that each tag is several layers thick and then affixed & stapled each to bag handles like the airlines do (except that they peel and stick the tags together). I usually put several staples, not one.

Dear bluesea777,

Does the Perot Postal Office sell the tags too?

I hope and pray youall are ok in the coming CAT: 4 Storm you, your family, all Bermudians, and all visitors on the Islands too!

GOD Speed!

For the last dozen cruises and one coming up in 2 days time, we did exactly the same - printed several copies, folded each according to directions that each tag is several layers thick and then affixed & stapled each to bag handles like the airlines do (except that they peel and stick the tags together). I usually put several staples, not one.

Once again, this is the size of the NEW luggage tags. This is a standard, 8.5 by 11 in. paper. The skinny covers worked for our June cruise. They will no longer work. Don't buy them.

IMG_7462_zps914d7990.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

Once again, this is the size of the NEW luggage tags. This is a standard, 8.5 by 11 in. paper. The skinny covers worked for our June cruise. They will no longer work. Don't buy them.

IMG_7462_zps914d7990.jpg

Well, that stinks if you have the narrow tag holders, which I do, too. Way to go, NCL. Why change this? :(

Luckily, the tag for my upcoming Getaway cruise in a week is the narrow one.

But I seem to recall seeing wide plastic tags, too. Guess I'll have to invest in some of those.

I know it says staple, but try to avoid stapling and use tape instead. A staple can very easily bend and then stick the person handling your bag. You may not care about the baggage handler, but think of yourself when you move your bag around. A little staple stick can be painful and bothersome for a few days.

I have a bunch of these tags in two different widths: http://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-NARROW-Cruise-Ship-Luggage/dp/B009PGOCUE/ref=pd_sim_a_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0GX90F2989ERR5GAAQE4

You will need a zip tie to attach to your luggage.

The holders I have are actually book mark holders...but they worked for my luggage for my September cruise.

Send me an email if you want one of each size. :)

I have a bunch of these tags in two different widths: http://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-NARROW-Cruise-Ship-Luggage/dp/B009PGOCUE/ref=pd_sim_a_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0GX90F2989ERR5GAAQE4

You will need a zip tie to attach to your luggage.

The holders I have are actually book mark holders...but they worked for my luggage for my September cruise.

Send me an email if you want one of each size. :)

Your link are the exact ones I have! Unfortunately, they won't work now.

I do the following; I print some extra for each bag but use Avery full size adhesive printable labels. This way in addition to a staple the labels stick to both themselves and the handle of the bag.

Also, I print an extra one and throw in the bag just to be on the safe side.

And I also stick a few on the bags themselves.

The labels are also a little thicker than normal paper.

I do the following; I print some extra for each bag but use Avery full size adhesive printable labels. This way in addition to a staple the labels stick to both themselves and the handle of the bag.

Also, I print an extra one and throw in the bag just to be on the safe side.

And I also stick a few on the bags themselves.

The labels are also a little thicker than normal paper.

Diito

I've been doing the same thing for 5 cruises now, they work great!

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Labels/Addressing-Labels/Color-Printing-Labels_08255.htm?N=4294967290%204294965536&Ns=Rank|0||Product%20Number|1&refchannel=b3e659baa4c2a110VgnVCM1000002118140aRCRD

Dear bluesea777,

Does the Perot Postal Office sell the tags too?

I hope and pray youall are ok in the coming CAT: 4 Storm you, your family, all Bermudians, and all visitors on the Islands too!

GOD Speed!

Huh about Perot PO ... R u being sarcastic? :rolleyes:

Actually we r in Venice at the moment but keeping in touch with Bermuda. It's not going to be good - we were in Cat 3 Fabian in 2006 and it wasn't good.

Thank you for your wishes and prayers.

P.s. I hate to disappoint the next week's Dawn cruisers but you are going to miss Bermuda. It's a big bad wolf and BDA isn't going to be ready to receive you. :(

P.P.S. Yeppers, the tags have gotten wider but I narrowed them.