Princess vs. NCL vs. Celebrity

pjo

Out family is looking at a Bermuda cruise next summer. Since Princess does not do Bermuda my question is this: between NCL and Celebrity what comes closest to Princess? Which line do we pick?

Paul

Out family is looking at a Bermuda cruise next summer. Since Princess does not do Bermuda my question is this: between NCL and Celebrity what comes closest to Princess? Which line do we pick?

Paul

I would go with Celebrity because is the closest in service and type of dining.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Paul

Celebrity or Princess. Good picks. :)

Of the 2, Celebrity comes closest to Princess. We took one NCL cruise, on Breakaway, & were pleasantly surprised, except the MDR food & service was horrible, but the specialty restaurants were very good. If there are kids involved, NCL would most likely be their choice. You may want to try Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, which does a 5 night, or 9 night with one day in Bermuda,& the rest in the Caribbean.

Went on Celebrity Summit last May to Bermuda with husband and a 21 and 23 year old. Got the alcohol beverage package and 2 rooms. Food was great and everyone had a great time! Captain was very entertaining, and crew was awesome! (Ship shows some wear.) We also have traveled on Princess, NCL and Carnival. Celebrity is closest to Princess.

I would definitely take NCLs Breakaway class of ships, be it Breakaway or Getaway. I cancelled my cruise with Celebrity and booked with NCL, the Summit is an old run down ship and can not compare to the brand new ships NCL has, if you live in the New York City area, I would check into RCIs Quantum of the Seas leaving from NJ, not sure about the Bermuda run yet, I know the Explorer of the Seas does that run but will soon be replaced by the Quantum

I have never sailed Celebrity, but NCL Breakaway is a very nice ship. Lots to do for kids and adults alike and equally not do if you just want to relax. Entertainment is varied. The food in the MDR is not quite what is offered on Princess, but there are many options that are very good, both specialty and included.

Paul

We enjoy the music, entertainment and lesser cost on most NCL ships. The Breakaway is a great, new ship (unlike the Epic, currently in the Caribbean, which has design flaws). However, food on HAL and Princess in the MDR is a bit better. I'll be taking my first Celebrity cruise this Spring but likely closest to Princess (based on family recommendations), but more expensive seems to be favored by an older clientele (which drives entertainment options). Have fun!