Rain rain go away!

Hawgfan27

Sailing on the allure leaving on the 19th and it looks like 2 ports will get a decent amount of rain. I realize this is simply out of my control but how has your experience been on a "rainy" cruise? Still able to have a pretty good time in the storms? New to cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailing on the allure leaving on the 19th and it looks like 2 ports will get a decent amount of rain. I realize this is simply out of my control but how has your experience been on a "rainy" cruise? Still able to have a pretty good time in the storms? New to cruising.

We went to Bermuda last year on our first cruise, and it poured almost half the time we were in port, and we still had a fantastic experience.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Many times the rain will be heavy for a short time and pass right through. I would not worry about it.

I HATE rainy cruises...you come home with no tan..no one believes you've been cruising,...

but, it won't be cold...so take comfort in that!

Can't do anything about it.....go with the flow.

Edited by cb at sea

I HATE rainy cruises...you come home with no tan..no one believes you've been cruising,...

but, it won't be cold...so take comfort in that!

Can't do anything about it.....go with the flow.

What other reason would one have to cruise besides getting a tan so that everyone back home will know you've been on a cruise?:rolleyes:

On Radiance class ships, with those dreadful glass roofs, you can still enjoy the pool despite the rainy weather.:)

Sounds positive. Do you guys still book excursions as usual if there's like an 80% chance of rain. I have a resort day booked in cozumel but I may cancel if it just pours.

In the case of Nachi Cocom, we've booked weeks ahead of time, so no knowledge of weather forecast. If it rains, and we decide not to go, we would have been out our deposit which was about $11 per person.

We have sailed to rainy ports. As most have said the rain is usually somewhat intermittent. But you're on Allure. If it rains and you don't want to get wet, stay onboard. She is a fantastic ship with lots to do, even in port.

When we were in Cozumel last year it rained. We enjoyed the ship until the rain stopped, then went into town for awhile. You can pretty much stay in stores, bars, or restaurants in between rain periods.

You'll have a good time either way.

On one of our cruises, it rained every day until the last day. We had to change our excursions which were outdoors. We took bus tour excursions so didn't have to spend too much time outside getting wet and we still had a good time anyway. The only thing I missed was coming home without a tan because we couldn't use the pool all week. :(

Edited by lauren0309

I watched the weather before a cruise where it called for rain and didn't rain a drop. And where it was supposed to be sunny all day and it ended up raining. I wouldn't change my plans based on a forecast. Take a good rain poncho just in case and get out there! Have a great cruise.

And as others have said it may just be a shower and that shower might even occurr in the middle of the night.

Welcome to the forum. At least it will be a warm rain. Allure provides a lot to do even when its raining.

We are on this cruise too. It shows thunder showers for all the ports but isn't that normal for the Caribbean? Isn't there always a chance of thunder showers in the Caribbean?

Agreed. We just got off the Vision a few weeks ago, and the forecast called for an 80% chance of rain in Key West and 90% in Grand Cayman. Not a drop fell in either location while we were there. In fact, it wasn't even that cloudy, especially in Grand Cayman.

If it does happen to rain, have a great time anyway!

I was stationed in Puerto Rico in the Navy in the early '70's. They would say it would rain almost every day, and it would rain for maybe 10 minutes. Then the sun would come out & it would be hotter than ever. Don't sweat rain there, it'll stop soon anyway. Rarely will you get a nasty, rainy day there.

I must say I looked at the weather before my trip 80% rain and thunderstorms every day we got caught in one little storm maybe 5 minutes!

Since I had an aft cabin I caught some really nice storms way behind us as I was taking pictures of the last bit of nice sunsets.

Have some faith and a backup plan.

Nachi Cocom I arrived almost at 1pm at the property, and I still got a good amount of hours in and lunch and drinks.

Have a great cruise.

I wouldn't be to worried. It rains most days in the tropics. I lived in the Caribbean for three years. Usually when it rained, we didn't even bother to get out of our relaxing chair as it would leave as quick as it came.

The rain question gets asked all the time here. Living in south Florida, rain is almost always in the forecast. It's the same for the Caribbean. Forget about it and just deal with what you get or don't get. Remember, we live in essentially perpetual Summer down here, and heat and humidity can often equal rain at times. Sometimes it's an hour, sometimes it's on and off all day. Thankfully it's usually more of the former than the latter. :)