Beyond livid with Latitudes

Melbourne84

FYI

About the under 18 thing.

Anyone under 18 does not get a latitudes status but you do accrue points.

When you turn 18 whatever points you have accumulated are released and you will be whatever status level the points show you at. SO it is possible on your first adult cruise as an 18 year old to be platinum status

Exactly. This is how it was explained to me as well. So you SHOULD get those points back to count toward your Latitudes tiers.

----------------------------

They are slow to respond, no doubt about it. My partner recently had 14 points just disappear. He was persistent and it took a few calls and emails, but the points did get restored. Now we take screen shots of our Latitudes accounts every once in awhile. . . just in case . . .

Edited by mizlorinj

I would try emailing again. I have heard several people on here complaining about the program, but I really think it depends on who gets your email.

I took an NCL cruise way back in 94-95, did not have ANY documents or anything, just the name of the ship, my name and my parents names whom I sailed with. I even have a different last name now!

I sent an email and about 6 weeks later, got a response and they credited me for the cruise.

My mother did the same thing, as she is joining on our cruise next month, and they "could not find her record".

Be persistent and they will credit you!

Agree, agree, agree... my husband and I were able too finally get credit for two week cruse in suite we took back in 2000 after dogged persistence. I gave them plenty of time to work it out though because I kind of felt it was my own fault for not following up and making sure we were appropriately credited (I realized only after 8 years that we hadn't been)... kind of like double-checking a credit card bill or checking account every month. I hope they're able to resolve your status in time for your cruise but the time frame might make that tricky. Keep trying!!!!!

@Laszlo - i'm not sure I understand your reply to OP. Are you saying that because this person is not GOLD latitudes member, then they shouldn't try to recitify missing points for past travels? I'm sure I'm misunderstanding your comment. Can you elaborate?? :confused::confused:

All I can say about this is: there is really few advantages until you reach Gold, so regardless of what the Op thinks or how many people work in the latitude dept. taking a month or more to get the mess straightened out isn't a big deal right now. if it made the difference between gold and platinum it would be different.

OP, wanting the points you think you should have is one thing and understanadable, but I would say, for someone so young, you do seem to get pretty upset about things. I think if you calm down, take a deep breath and deal with this when you finish your cruise things will work themselves out.

Edited by newmexicoNita

It's been since 10/18/14, wonder when we will get an update. Must take very long to get Latitudes straightened out.

I was debating taking a NCL cruise next year in May for my birthday. Now I think I should send a request to Latitudes NOW to add my Seaward cruise from the 90's. :p

Maybe it will be updated by the time I board ;)

I was debating taking a NCL cruise next year in May for my birthday. Now I think I should send a request to Latitudes NOW to add my Seaward cruise from the 90's.

You mock, but they actually DID credit me with a SEAWARD cruise from ~1991! I had written to them 2-3 years ago and gotten some response saying they didn't go that far back, and I accepted it.

However, when I went to take another cruise a couple of years later, and logged into Latitudes... there it was.

So I assumed that at the time I made my request they hadn't moved over old database info, and at some point they did. Or maybe some kind NCL employee found my original letter and had mercy on me, despite the "sorry" letter I had been sent. I was never contacted to say they'd added it... they just did.

I had to send them an art purchase receipt to get any points for a cruise I took in 2001 and then credited me with the wrong number of points (7 instead of 10.) I must admit, I gave up

One thing I would say is that lots and lots of organisations don't keep easily accessible electronic records going back over 6 years. Plus the added complication that computer systems change massively and records that were on old electronic databases are not probably accessible now so they are probably having to work through paper copies. These paper copies are not just kept in an office, they will be archived in huge storage units and registered by a sorting code, which may or may not be 100% accurate. Therefore the administrator will have to order the correct boxes, then when they get delivered (which will be done so in batches, not one at a time, so therefore take several weeks) and will have to check them and then re-order further boxes if the information is not there.

I used to work for a very large company that had been going years, and to get paperwork from storage was easily a 4 week turnaround at the very least - and then often it would turn out that the wrong paperwork was in the wrong box, or that they had been mislabelled all because someone one afternoon in 2002 was in a rush and recorded it as a P instead of an R (or a 5 instead of an S). In my current employment we don't hardly have anything over 6years old due to data protection - plus a fire a few years ago wiped out most of our records!

To think that these companies are doing this for little financial reasoning is not surprising that they don't have more of a rush about them, and the costs of improving and digitizing the system is a huge one - and I for one would rather that they didn't, it would just increase the costs for all the other customers.

I know the OP is annoyed, and I'm not going to have a go at them, Im just trying to point out that what might seem a simile request is actually probably an absolute nightmare and a lot harder than you might think.

Man good thing I just pay for my own cruise ( versus my parents paying ) and just go to have fun not expecting things that I "deserve"! Sounds so stressful! :cool:

Edited by Randy000

My husband and I have friends that travel on other cruise ships that have great rewards when they get up their in points. From what we've been told, free alcohol when cruising, free laundry service and much much more. In my opinion, Norwegian is less expensive for cruising but has less perks or awards than what I've been told from other cruising friends that cruise on different lines. I like Norwegian because we can dress casual in dining areas and not have an assigned time to eat. That is really the only thing holding us back from switching but we might take a look at other ships.

'actually NCL has a really good latitude or frequent guest program compared to most ot fhe mass marketed lines.

I will also add, to what Rogue said: Zombie thread. I wonder why you decided to bring this thread back to life. It really has little to do with the ops gripe and it is old, old, old.

Edited by newmexicoNita

'actually NCL has a really good latitude or frequent guest program compared to most ot fhe mass marketed lines.

I will also add, to what Rogue said: Zombie thread. I wonder why you decided to bring this thread back to life. It really has little to do with the ops gripe and it is old, old, old.

It's only 4 months prior to todays posts. So it's not THAT old.

So, as a new cruiser, and someone who plans to stay pretty much loyal to NCL, I have a question.

If I plan to cruise once a year, will my points still be added up correctly? Like, there isn't a frequency I have to maintain to keep tallying my points? And if I book 9 months or more out, that's extra points? I'm still trying to read as much info as I can find on this program, but it doesn't seem there's a whole bunch of info out there.

So, as a new cruiser, and someone who plans to stay pretty much loyal to NCL, I have a question.

If I plan to cruise once a year, will my points still be added up correctly? Like, there isn't a frequency I have to maintain to keep tallying my points? And if I book 9 months or more out, that's extra points? I'm still trying to read as much info as I can find on this program, but it doesn't seem there's a whole bunch of info out there.

Good for you, Andy, for planning to stay loyal to NCL.

That is a smart decision in my opinion.

Your points will add up and do not expire.

I feel that each of us must be responsible and keep track of our own points.

A week or so after each cruise, I check my rewards points.

It is much easier to get a correction a few weeks after the cruise in question instead of waiting months or years.

I also feel that NCL does well with this.

I also think the Latitudes program is wonderful.

Those of you who do not like Latitudes (not AndyT3), by all means, go to another cruise line.

That will give me and my cruise buddies more choices when we book.

We are pretty loyal to NCL, taking only a few cruises on other lines, but we always come back “home”.

NCL is the only line that makes me feel like family.

Judy

Edited by Travel Junkie Judy

Well, I figure, while I'm still (somewhat) young (23), and have the time, and vacation time from my employer, and the money, I should start building points that way it'll benefit my family and I further down the road, when we have the ability to cruise more than once a year.

Well, I figure, while I'm still (somewhat) young (23), and have the time, and vacation time from my employer, and the money, I should start building points that way it'll benefit my family and I further down the road, when we have the ability to cruise more than once a year.

That is good planning Andy.

We are retired and cruise several times a year.

With NCL, we get free laundry, 2 dinners and wine in specialty restaurants, a concierge, and other nice perks.

It’s something for you to look forward to.

(I will say that I am more than 3 times your age.) LOL

:)

Judy

Edited by Travel Junkie Judy

That is good planning Andy.

We are retired and cruise several times a year.

With NCL, we get free laundry, 2 dinners and wine in specialty restaurants, a concierge, and other nice perks.

It’s something for you to look forward to.

(I will say that I am more than 3 times your age.) LOL

:)

Judy

Well, luckily, when I was younger my grandparents were able to take me on quite a few vacations and I was able to learn to appreciate that time away, exploring new places, and just pure relaxation.

And with that age, comes experience, and wisdom. Thanks for sharing some of that with me when it comes to NCLs rewards program.

Are you imbibing? Otherwise I do not understand the rationality of how your question applies here? :) It is Friday evening after all. ;)

Just checking.......

You couldn't just say drinking? LOL

OP was joking around, of course!

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari