Suggestion for a new "exotic" cruise

MSBerliner

The cruise catalog is very interesting, just mostly the same thing from year to year. Here's an idea for those who really enjoy cruising and to very interesting places: an American Pacific Cruise.

The cruise would begin in Los Angeles, CA then cruise north along the western coastline to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. After a day there it would proceed to Skagway, Alaska. After a day it would sail on to Whittier or Seward, or perhaps Anchorage, Alaska. Again after one or two days the ship would sail to Hawaii! After at least two days and two ports in Hawaii it would then sail back to Los Angeles.

I estimate such a voyage would take about 18 days. Certainly an excellent time for those who really love cruising and for those who can afford the time. In our experience the overwhelming majority of cruisers are retirees and those retirees who have cruised multiple times, likely with the same cruise ship company.

Princess, are your reading this?

I remember reading about a cruise like that years ago and it was called Fire and Ice. I can't remember what line offered it but I would love to go! We would have to visit Victoria for tea at the Empress.

Susan

Celebrity used to have one that started in Hawaii to Vancouver and then did Alaska after as a B2B. That one was called Fire and Ice.

How about a 40 night (41 day) West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii adventure with overnights in San Fransisco, Seattle, Vancouver, Honolulu and Maui?

Day 1 Los Angeles

day 2 Santa Barbara

Day 3 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 4 Monterrey

Day 5 San Fransisco

Day 6 San Fransisco

Day 7 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 8 Astoria

Day 9 Seattle

Day 10 Seattle

Day 11 Victoria

Day 12 Cruising inside passage

Day 13 Cruising inside passage

Day 14 Juneau

Day 15 Skagway

Day 16 Cruising Glacier Bay

Day 18 Sitka

Day 19 Cruising Tracey Arm Fjord/Sawyer Glacier

Day 20 Ketchikan

Day 21 Cruising inside passage

Day 22 Vancouver

Day 23 Vancouver

Day 24 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 25 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 26 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 27 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 28 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 29 Hilo

Day 30 Honolulu

Day 31 Honolulu

Day 32 Kauai

Day 33 Maui

Day 34 Maui

Day 35 Kona (with late night cruising Kiluea volcano)

Day 36 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 37 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 38 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 39 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 40 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 41 Los Angeles

Edited by scottamiller

Would someone like to adopt me or hire me as a "cabin boy", so I could go on one of these delicious sounding cruises?:D. That's about the only way this retiree could go; though they both sound like great options. The only thing I have is plenty of time.:o

Here's another stab at something a tad shorter. I've tried to be as realistic as possible by referencing actual Princess itineraries.

Using the Princess cruise atlas I combined the 10 day Alaska and 15 night Hawaii itineraries ex San Francisco. I was able to leave out a call in Ensenada as I have included a call in Victoria.This would be a 23 night itinerary. If we wanted to get to 21 nights we could eliminate 1 Alaskan port and one Hawaiian one (Perhaps Skagway and Kauai?). As far as I can tell in either direction Princess plans 5 sea days from Vancouver to Hilo, so that's all I allotted from Victoria to Hilo. They normally allot 4 sea days from San Francisco to Hilo, so in order to get where both Honolulu and Maui could be late night calls (to allow attending luaus) I put Kauai last and added a 5th sea day to get back to San Francisco, which I think should be plenty. To go any further north than Glacier Bay/Juneau adds a lot of extra time/distance and I was trying to keep as close to 3 weeks as possible. San Francisco is closer to both Alaska and Hawaii than Los Angeles, so that's why I chose it as the home port. This would be an 8 port itinerary with 14 sea days, so still not for persons who don't enjoy lengthy stretches of time at sea!

23 Night "Fire & Ice" Alaska/Hawaii cruise round trip San Francisco

Day 1 San Francisco (embark afternoon)

Day 2-3 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 4 Juneau (half day & evening)

Day 5 Skagway (full day)

Day 6 Cruising Glacier Bay (full day scenic cruising)

Day 7 Ketchikan (full day)

Day 8 Cruising Inside Passage

Day 9 Victoria (full day)

Day 10-14 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 15 Hilo (full day)

Day 16 Honolulu (full day & evening)

Day 17 Maui(full day & evening)

Day 18 Kauai (day)

Day 19-23 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 24 San Francisco (disembark morning)

Edited by scottamiller

How about a 40 night (41 day) West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii adventure with overnights in San Fransisco, Seattle, Vancouver, Honolulu and Maui?

Day 1 Los Angeles

day 2 Santa Barbara

Day 3 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 4 Monterrey

Day 5 San Fransisco

Day 6 San Fransisco

Day 7 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 8 Astoria

Day 9 Seattle

Day 10 Seattle

Day 11 Victoria

Day 12 Cruising inside passage

Day 13 Cruising inside passage

Day 14 Juneau

Day 15 Skagway

Day 16 Cruising Glacier Bay

Day 18 Sitka

Day 19 Cruising Tracey Arm Fjord/Sawyer Glacier

Day 20 Ketchikan

Day 21 Cruising inside passage

Day 22 Vancouver

Day 23 Vancouver

Day 24 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 25 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 26 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 27 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 28 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 29 Hilo

Day 30 Honolulu

Day 31 Honolulu

Day 32 Kauai

Day 33 Maui

Day 34 Maui

Day 35 Kona (with late night cruising Kiluea volcano)

Day 36 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 37 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 38 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 39 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 40 Cruising Pacific Ocean

Day 41 Los Angeles

I like this one. I would book it the day it became available.

Celebrity books coastals that include an overnighter in SF. That's one major reason I don't cruise Celebrity on the West Coast. I live in SF and don't want to spend a night here nor the 1-1/2 days it would port here. If an extended cruise LEFT SF, I definitely would be interested.

The cruise catalog is very interesting, just mostly the same thing from year to year. Here's an idea for those who really enjoy cruising and to very interesting places: an American Pacific Cruise.

The cruise would begin in Los Angeles, CA then cruise north along the western coastline to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. After a day there it would proceed to Skagway, Alaska. After a day it would sail on to Whittier or Seward, or perhaps Anchorage, Alaska. Again after one or two days the ship would sail to Hawaii! After at least two days and two ports in Hawaii it would then sail back to Los Angeles.

I estimate such a voyage would take about 18 days. Certainly an excellent time for those who really love cruising and for those who can afford the time. In our experience the overwhelming majority of cruisers are retirees and those retirees who have cruised multiple times, likely with the same cruise ship company.

Princess, are your reading this?

Sounds like a great itinerary. When do bookings become available.....:D:D:D

Bob

I remember reading about a cruise like that years ago and it was called Fire and Ice. I can't remember what line offered it but I would love to go! We would have to visit Victoria for tea at the Empress.

Susan

Mom and Dad did "Fire and Ice" 60+ days, years ago on Hal, started in Vancouver and ended in Los Angeles.

"My" retirement cruise was going to be the 64 day R/T Los Angeles/ Hawaii/F.P. and AUSTRALIA that Princess had 6/7/8 years ago? (When we lived in L.A.) I really wish they would bring that one back, I want to go to Australia, but don't want to fly to or from. So now the World Cruise is on my bucket list.

Tammy