Brilliance E2 Hump Cabin 7092

mfeld

So I inquired with my TA about switching from cabin 1502 on the Brilliance to hump cabin 7092. Both are E2 with a balcony, but from my understanding the 7092 hump cabin balcony is significantly bigger, but has a downward partially obstructed view of the lifeboat covers. My TA told me that when she called Royal Caribbean they insisted 1502 was the better cabin as it didn't have an obstructed view and the balcony is the same size as 7092.

Can someone who has stayed on 7092 on the Brilliance or a Radiance class ship please advise? Is this a good move to make? I'm fairly certian that the person at Royal was wrong and cabin 7092 does have a significantly larger balcony, but now I'm second guessing if this is a good move to make. Also my original cabin (1502) is connecting, and I would prefer a room that is not a connecting room, which 7092 is not.

Thanks guys!

If you take 7092, just be prepared for loud music until almost midnight every night. We just got off the Brilliance and had 7600. The entertainment in the centrum is very loud. I would not stay in that area again on that class of ship.

I agree!!!

I stayed in 7592 on the opposite side. The balcony had a lounger and table and two chairs. I enjoyed the larger balcony. It is true you can't look straight down because of the lifeboat covers. But that didn't bother me since I was looking outward at the ocean. I didn't have a noise issue with 7592. I never heard the music very loud. In fact I missed one show because I slept through it. That may have been because on that side of the ship there is a wall between the hall and Centrum. Looks like 7092 dose not have that which may account for more noise on that side. I was happy with the location and would book it again. I am sailing the BOS next year but was able to score and Aft corner on deck 9 with a big balcony, otherwise I would have tried for 7092 or 7592 for the larger balcony.

We had E2 hump cabin 8596 on the Brilliance TA. [14 days] We NEVER had a problem with noise. But, it may depend on when you go to bed. We had late dinner and did not got to bed before 11 at the earliest. If you have early dinner and try to sleep by 10 pm you likely will hear music, especially on special nights. . . like the 70's show. I am sure that is loud.

mfeld

Came across this review

The Radiance of the Seas

I am not going to give a detailed description of the ship and our time aboard as there are many reviews already that do that. I am, however, going to list some practical information that may answer some questions.

Cabin 7092.

· This was a ‘hump’ cabin and had a large balcony with a table and 2 upright chairs.

· It did get windy when the ship was moving but we managed to eat breakfast out there most mornings even though we needed to wrap up in our warm clothes and a blanket I had requested from our steward!

· The cabin is very convenient for the atrium and the lifts (elevators).

· There was some noise from the atrium in the evenings but it didn’t bother us and the entertainment stopped at 11ish.

· The cabin had a double bed, small bedside tables, a dividing curtain, a 2 seater settee, a small coffee table, a fridge which kept things reasonably cool, a good hand held hair drier, an adequate amount of drawer and wardrobe space, a flat screen interactive TV, a safe and air conditioning.

· The bathroom was small with a circular shower and the dreaded curtain. There were 2 bars of soap and a shampoo dispenser in the shower cubicle, Water pressure was good and there was plentiful hot water.

· We asked our room steward for ice to be delivered every evening, 2 extra pillows and a blanket. He dealt with our requests efficiently.

My wish list

· Tea and coffee making facilities in the room........UK cruise lines have kettles and tea bags/instant coffee sachets etc. RCI has them on ships sailing out of the UK.

· Passenger Laundrettes.....this is why I would choose Princess, P&O, Fred Olsen etc before RCI.

· Proper shower cubicles with Perspex shower doors.......NCL manage this!

There is no obstruction...you will have a full, outward view...very convenient location, step from the elevator/stairway foyer.

The balcony is deeper than a normal "side" balcony, but not as large as the cabin to your left....the deck plans are very representative of what you'll get.

Wind is present on all side balconies, but near the cabin, the wind is greatly diminished. Standing at the railing, you'll feel the wind!

Edited by cb at sea

Thanks everyone for the insight. I hit the bars on the ship and usually go to bed around or after midnight anyways, so late night noise is usually not an issue for me. I think I'm going to be happy with the switch. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in 7592 on the brilliance and loved it. The balcony was huge, and we did not notice noise from the centrum, as we were usually on the balcony or sleeping, or eating! It's a centrally located cabin and I would book it again in a heartbeat.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Although we have never stayed in 7092 we have been in 7094 several times on Radiance Class ships and will be in 7094 on the Serenade in January.

I would take 7092 over 1502 in a heartbeat. Aside from the larger balcony it is just a better location. As far as the noise level, there is a door between those cabins and the centrum that is open during the day and closed in the evening. There is no such door on the other side of the hump so those cabins get more noise.

Because of the hump the view is not obstructed like it is for most deck 7 balconies.