regal....crown or havensight?

searoses

Princess ships typically dock at Crown Bay, but if there are a lot of ships in port on a particular day (especially if another Princess ship is in port) and/or sometimes, if one of the "Behemoths of the Seas" is in port, a Princess ship may dock at Havensight.

There are a number of websights that can tell you which ships are in a particular port on a given day. I have found this one helpful, personally:

Cruisett

For instance, it just showed me that there are 5 other ships in St. Thomas the day we're there next (11/12/14); including the Ruby Princess and the Allure of the Seas. Good thing I don't plan to do anything "touristy" that day. :(

But, remember, this doesn't necessarily tell you where you'll be docked. In my experience, it simply means there's a chance that either the Regal or Ruby Princess will be docked at Havensight.

Hope that helps.

Happy cruising.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

On Jan. 14, you will be at Crown Bay with Eurodam

Wednesday - January 14th

Carnival Glory West Indian Co.

Eurodam Crown Bay

Freedom of the Seas West Indian Co.

Norwegian Getaway West Indian Co.

Regal Princess Crown Bay

VInow . com gives the actual ports. We are also there on 11/12 on the Ruby and will dock at Crown. We do plan to do something touristy that day, so wish us luck!

Thank you! I completely forgot about VInow-dot-com. Looks like we're at Havensight for our stop. Cool. And it also noted one ship at anchor that day; I also forgot they sometimes have to do that.

Good luck on your stop.

VInow . com gives the actual ports. We are also there on 11/12 on the Ruby and will dock at Crown. We do plan to do something touristy that day, so wish us luck!

Thanks for that website. I see that we will be at Havensight when if we sail Regal on April 1. That really changes our plans- we love to take the ferry to Water Island from Crown Bay. Not sure how we'll get there easily from Havensight.

Never have docked at West Indian Company Dock. Does anyone know anything about it? For example taxis, shuttles, shopping nearby etc.

Thanks, for the help

West Indian Company is also known as WICO.

The WICO dock is also known as Havensight.

Havensight is a very popular pier. The shops there have the highest prices in the Caribbean.

Edited by BruceMuzz

This is a first time hearing about this for me, and very excited.

What is Crown Bay. Whats the difference in that and Havensite?

Havensite is closer to most attractions so the taxi ride is cheaper than Crown Bay. Just checked and my cruise will dock an Havensite and I'm glad. When Princess first started docking at Crown there was almost nothing there. We were there a couple of years ago and there are now many shops but I don't think they have as many as Havensite.

Havensite is closer to most attractions so the taxi ride is cheaper than Crown Bay. Just checked and my cruise will dock an Havensite and I'm glad. When Princess first started docking at Crown there was almost nothing there. We were there a couple of years ago and there are now many shops but I don't think they have as many as Havensite.

This is true. In addition, it is easier to walk into town (if you so choose) from Havensite, as it is a shorter distance and there are sidewalks the entire way (though a bit rough in spots.) You pretty much have to take a cab from Crown Bay to get anywhere.

I don't mind Crown Bay so much, but I have to admit that I'm one of those who does prefer Havensite.

This is true. In addition, it is easier to walk into town (if you so choose) from Havensite, as it is a shorter distance and there are sidewalks the entire way (though a bit rough in spots.) You pretty much have to take a cab from Crown Bay to get anywhere.

I don't mind Crown Bay so much, but I have to admit that I'm one of those who does prefer Havensite.

Except the beach which is fairly close by. At Havensite you have to take transportation to go just about anywhere except shopping.

Except the beach which is fairly close by. At Havensite you have to take transportation to go just about anywhere except shopping.

Point taken. But, on St. Thomas, you pretty much have to take a cab to get anywhere "fun". ;) I specifically mentioned downtown because so many passengers typically do like to hit some shopping before and/or after venturing out and about the island; and because it's so easy to find transportation from downtown to pretty much anywhere on the island.

Point taken. But, on St. Thomas, you pretty much have to take a cab to get anywhere "fun". ;) I specifically mentioned downtown because so many passengers typically do like to hit some shopping before and/or after venturing out and about the island; and because it's so easy to find transportation from downtown to pretty much anywhere on the island.

The same transportation is also available from Crown Bay to anywhere on the island although it's a little more expensive & a longer trip to get to St John.

Yep, most people go to St Thomas for shopping that they believe is so great and it is easier to do at Havensight. Years ago it might have been true but their living on their past reputation today except for a few select items (like liquor) :D.

The same transportation is also available from Crown Bay to anywhere on the island although it's a little more expensive & a longer trip to get to St John.

Yep, most people go to St Thomas for shopping that they believe is so great and it is easier to do at Havensight. Years ago it might have been true but their living on their past reputation today except for a few select items (like liquor) :D.

Agreed: we love many things about St. Thomas, but the shopping is not one of them; the "deals" are really nothing to speak of anymore.