Oasis refurbishment questions

Hello everybody I been away for the past few weeks and was unable to keep up with what they did on the Oasis can anybody give me any updates as to what they did to her, what they added on her or taken away? Did they add the hot dog cart and did they add or taken away any of the specialty restaurants, truly appreciate anybody's update as we go on her next May and dying to know what they did to her this past refurbishment/dry dock, thank you!

MDR divided into three free restaurants: American Icon Grill, Silk, Grande

Sabor was put on the Boardwalk

New Suite Restaurant (Coastal Kitchen) and Suite Lounge taking place of VCL

No more secret balconies, replaced with Grand Suites

No more cupcake cupboard, replaced with a retail store

Boardwalk Dog House now on the Boardwalk

Izumi moved to deck 4

Diamond Club moved to deck 4

Wonderland added to deck 11/12

That's all I can think of, I'm sure I missed something..

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I have read on CC, no more formal nights, but trying to confirm that.

Sea Ya

Once Dynamic Dining begins in March 2015, there will be no more organized formal nights. There will be the Grande dinitroom for those who want to dine more formally on whichever night they choose.

Currently, while the dining room has had the minor cosmetic changes foe DD, service and menus are as "normal".

Correct, with Dynamic Dining, there is no required formal nights, however, the Grande Restaurant is supposed to be formal every night.

Thanks for your post.

I knew I saw something somewhere but did not know where to look.

Sea Ya

MDR divided into three free restaurants: American Icon Grill, Silk, Grande

Sabor was put on the Boardwalk

New Suite Restaurant (Coastal Kitchen) and Suite Lounge taking place of VCL

No more secret balconies, replaced with Grand Suites

No more cupcake cupboard, replaced with a retail store

Boardwalk Dog House now on the Boardwalk

Izumi moved to deck 4

Diamond Club moved to deck 4

Wonderland added to deck 11/12

That's all I can think of, I'm sure I missed something..

Cup cakes moved in with ice cream scoops from what I understand

Usually I always try to reserve judgement a bit re: changes - at least until I've seen/experienced them. This time, I just can't. I'm very, very sad they moved the Diamond Lounge from that great space w/a balcony above the Promenade. My dh and I LOVED going there! It was one of the reasons we booked the Oasis again in 2014 having been on her in 2012.

Of all things, to add more cabins?! And another favorite and well known signature of RCCL ships, the Viking Crown Lounge, has been taken from the "peons" who can't afford the fancier cabins as only Concierge level guests will use that space. Didn't get to try the seafood place on the Boardwalk last time but had planned to for sure this time. I am guessing Sabor is latin-themed? That's o.k. w/me but maybe they could have just cut the space in half - one for each type of food. I am certain there are a few people unhappy about the "secret balcony" takeaways, too. I sure hope they don't take out the giant hot tubs with the t.v.s over them next!

If there was one thing I wish they would have done, it would have been to put one large, main pool in the center of the pool deck, taking away the port and starboard pools. They make it look like the ship got chopped in half and no one remembered to keep space in the center for a pool! Then, too, they could bring the band back down to a stage more level with the pool -as on all the other classes of their ships - instead of way up above everyone.

It was such a popular ship the way it was. :(

Usually I always try to reserve judgement a bit re: changes - at least until I've seen/experienced them. This time, I just can't. I'm very, very sad they moved the Diamond Lounge from that great space w/a balcony above the Promenade. My dh and I LOVED going there! It was one of the reasons we booked the Oasis again in 2014 having been on her in 2012.

Of all things, to add more cabins?! And another favorite and well known signature of RCCL ships, the Viking Crown Lounge, has been taken from the "peons" who can't afford the fancier cabins as only Concierge level guests will use that space. Didn't get to try the seafood place on the Boardwalk last time but had planned to for sure this time. I am guessing Sabor is latin-themed? That's o.k. w/me but maybe they could have just cut the space in half - one for each type of food. I am certain there are a few people unhappy about the "secret balcony" takeaways, too. I sure hope they don't take out the giant hot tubs with the t.v.s over them next!

If there was one thing I wish they would have done, it would have been to put one large, main pool in the center of the pool deck, taking away the port and starboard pools. They make it look like the ship got chopped in half and no one remembered to keep space in the center for a pool! Then, too, they could bring the band back down to a stage more level with the pool -as on all the other classes of their ships - instead of way up above everyone.

Well that just wouldn't be able to work since the ship has the split superstructure with the opening down to Central Park in the middle.

Also, I've never been on the Oasis, but from what I've read, the addition of Sabor is a welcomed addition.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Well that just wouldn't be able to work since the ship has the split superstructure with the opening down to Central Park in the middle.

Also, I've never been on the Oasis, but from what I've read, the addition of Sabor is a welcomed addition.

The band also plays on the same deck as the pools, deck 15, not from above.

I know this may not be a big deal compared to the other changes on the ship but one question that I am wondering is with the beds on the ship did they replace them? Or do they have a flip them over and new again policy ?!

I've seen them load new mattresses on to the ship on every cruise I've been on. I assume they're constantly replacing them as needed.

Hello everybody I been away for the past few weeks and was unable to keep up with what they did on the Oasis can anybody give me any updates as to what they did to her, what they added on her or taken away? Did they add the hot dog cart and did they add or taken away any of the specialty restaurants, truly appreciate anybody's update as we go on her next May and dying to know what they did to her this past refurbishment/dry dock, thank you!

Hi! You are on our sailing. Come on over to the ROLL CALL. Our list includes links to all of the changes and many of the restaurant menus.:)