looking for a good Skincare

sprint180

I used to use Olay and was fairly pleased with it so it is a good brand to use. However, that being said, I switched over to Paula's Choice. She researches all of the ingredients that go into her line and only uses ingredients that are gentle and non-irritating as well as scientifically proven to work. I have noticed a significant improvement in my skin to the point that I can actually step out of the house without any makeup on which is not something I would have ever done in the past before using this line. Her prices are also extremely reasonable and she has sales and free shipping offers on all the time. If you are confused by the various options, there is free online help that will customize what you need according to your skin issues or requirements. And no, I don't work for Paula's Choice. I just swear by her products.

I have also used some of Paula's products and like them. I love her book, Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me.

I am 43 and have an oily t-zone and dry, dry cheeks (the kind that get angry if the shower is too hot). I hate using perfumed/scented products on my face and like to keep things simple. I moisturize with and cleanse with olive oil! It takes eye makeup off, keeps my cheeks happy, and helps balance my t-zone. Rub it on, wet a wash cloth, wipe it off. If I still feel dry after, I just put a bit more on my cheeks.

I have also started making my own vitamin C serum to help even out my skin tone and act as a mild peel. It's powdered vitamin C, distilled water, and glycerine. There are tons of recipes for it online but you have to be careful to start with a low concentration of the vitamin C to see how your skin responds.

So have my 70YO mother. We both pass for at least 10 years younger than we are (sometimes even 15). Youthful energy certainly helps! Neither of us were sun worshippers in our youth but have spent the last 15 summers watching a lot of baseball (always with 50 SPF)

About 10 years ago a dermotologist told me alpha-hydroxys (AHA) in the AM & retinol at night. Been doing it ever since.

Less than $15/bottle.

Retinol can be irritating, we both use it daily except in summer as it does make you sun-sensitive. Have had sons in baseball for the last 15 years so I use no retinol formula in summer.

(Picture below is me 10 years ago--don't feel I look much different!)

Edited by KKB

• 2 weeks later...
Try the Olay line first. It's inexpensive, so you aren't out a bunch of money if you don't like the results. I just filled my travel supplies with the foaming face wash for sensitive skin. I still don't have my dry patches back, so the face wash and the two creams are holding strong for me.

Well, I'm back from my recent cruises. Last time I arrived home I thought I had eczema because my facial skin was so dry and flaky. That's when I started using the Olay I've posted about above.

This time I had no dry skin and my skin looked and felt great. My husband keeps our cabin super cold, and I'm in airport and airplane drying a/c when I fly. My skin usually reacts badly to all this dry and cold air. This time it didn't.

I really put the two types of Olay cream to the test, and the face wash. I actually mixed the classic cream and the Regenerist together in a travel container. Less things to pack, and faster application. It worked great!

I found the Exuviance starter kit on Amazon for $66.00 and free shipping. I'm going to give it a try. I live in the desert and my skin can use all the help it can get!

I think you will like it...It really works...I've used it for a couple of years now and even my dermatologist wanted to know what I was using this last time I went for my check up.. She said.. "You never age, what is your secret?" LOL... She said she was going to give it a try as well...

Good luck and I hope you have good results!!!

Karen

My favorite skincare to date is Philosophy! I use daily their Purity face wash and their moisturizer Hope in a Jar. Weekly I use their Microdelivery. It is just a wash that in my honest opinion gives you great results like having a peel in a spa. My skin is super sensitive and their products have always been good to me. I am 36 and of course have those crows feet around my eyes :roll eyes: Another product I use frequently is the Proactiv line. I get the occasional chin breakouts from hormones :eek:And I find adding their products into my "routine" weekly helps lessens these. I get all my products from either Sephora, Ulta or QVC. QVC sometimes offers "supersize" products. I am loving reading all of these skin regimens :)

I used to use Olay and was fairly pleased with it so it is a good brand to use. However, that being said, I switched over to Paula's Choice. She researches all of the ingredients that go into her line and only uses ingredients that are gentle and non-irritating as well as scientifically proven to work. I have noticed a significant improvement in my skin to the point that I can actually step out of the house without any makeup on which is not something I would have ever done in the past before using this line. Her prices are also extremely reasonable and she has sales and free shipping offers on all the time. If you are confused by the various options, there is free online help that will customize what you need according to your skin issues or requirements. And no, I don't work for Paula's Choice. I just swear by her products.

Another vote for Paula's Choice...I used to use Clinique, Bliss, Olay, Philosophy but have switched to only PC. Great products for a great price and customer service is excellent. If you're not happy with a product they will work with you to refund or find a better option. I use her Resist anti aging line.

I am in my 50's and have used Skinn products by Dimitri James for a few years now. People can't believe my age and think I am in my 40's. ShopHQ shopping channel or online has a lot of nice kits from him, or he does have a facebook page.

Recently I have added Hyaluronic Acid to my regime once a day and that is really working on those fine lines around my eyes! Bought it off EBAY.

• 3 weeks later...

About 10 years ago a dermotologist told me alpha-hydroxys (AHA) in the AM & retinol at night. Been doing it ever since.

Less than $15/bottle.

OK I I don't know a lot about skincare. Is there a brand you use. you said $15 a bottle.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I am 52 and have had compliments on my skin over the years, which I accept humbly. My routine is nothing special - just Dove soap on my face and regular Oil of Olay (the classic, pink lotion) at bedtime. :)

I met this woman on our last fall cruise, her skin is great! :-) I tend to agree, simpler & cheaper works best.

I like Olay & CeraVe to name 2 brands that work. I like the Olay sensitive skin complete SPF 30 and CeraVe day cream SPF 30. CeraVe night cream or moisturising cream in the small tube both have ceramides & hyaluronic acid & all those are in the 10 to 20 $ range in Canada. Olay classic night cream is in a jar, but its gorgeous.

Neutrogena is also good, I have used the wipes in the blue pack for travel makeup removal. I use the wipe first as a makeup remover then rinse it off and use as a disposable washcloth. They also make a wonderful retinol & hyaluronic acid night cream in the dark blue & silver tube.

I don't think there is anything better for make-up removal than a pre-cleanse oil. There are several on the market:

http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pre-cleanse+oil

They emulsify with water, and you just rinse off before applying your cleanser. No wiping, so it avoids extra pulling at the skin. Especially great for eyes.

I've been using Dermalogica's pre-cleanse for about 9 years.