How to find.....

Floridanamaw

a good travel agent? I know you cannot recommend a travel agent on this forum and that's fine, but how do you find a GOOD travel agent that specializes in cruises? Mine that used for our last cruise is no longer working as an agent. Not enough money in it for her so now I need a new one. I have booked directly with the cruise line once and then after that used an agent. Or, has anyone had good luck just using a cruise site and booking online and if so which one did you use, if you are permitted to answer that? Thanks for any suggestions.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

carnival is the easiest to book on line. They have the easiest to read and compare rates for the CLASS cabins and you can see which ones are still empty. I always book directly with them. My TA sez his commission is so small that it isn't worth his time . We are friends and he is being honest.

HOLLAND AMERICA is just the opposite It is almost impossible to find out anything about cabins avail, price etc. I ALWAYS book thru my TA and he does all the follow up with OBC's and price reductions before and after final payments. IF you are a "NEWBE" it might be wise to use an agent the first few times, and shop around for one you feel that you can trust.

We used a local brick and mortar agent for our first few cruises. Now that we have experience in choosing the right cruise for us with a cruise line we have been on, we book through an agent who gives us the best OBC or other perks.

There are many online cruise travel agents that will give some kind of perk so you book with them. They all have phone numbers so you can call and ask questions.

a good travel agent? I know you cannot recommend a travel agent on this forum and that's fine, but how do you find a GOOD travel agent that specializes in cruises? Mine that used for our last cruise is no longer working as an agent. Not enough money in it for her so now I need a new one. I have booked directly with the cruise line once and then after that used an agent. Or, has anyone had good luck just using a cruise site and booking online and if so which one did you use, if you are permitted to answer that? Thanks for any suggestions.

Ask your old TA who she recommends.

LuLu

I have a great TA I use, found him on line, never met him in person but feel like I've known him for years. I wish there was a way I could get you his info but rules on CC won't allow me to post it. As another mentioned, ask your previous agent for a referral or talk to friends who cruise to see who they use.

My travel agent recommended one that she used before she became an agent but I researched them and they did not get good reviews. I think I have found a local one and also I the company she did work for has some great promotions for booking with them. I'm not quite ready to book yet but was just thinking ahead. Thanks for all the suggestions.