it!s the little things that get me

DOJO466

Hi Billie,

Thank you for the compliment.

I will be happy to share with you (and Deb) all that I have learned over the last 10+ years about FF miles. While it is not that complicated for someone who has been doing it for a while, it can be a little overwhelming for a beginner. That is why it is best discussed in person rather than via an e mail. We should have enough time on the TA cruise on one of the sea days to do just that.

I look forward to meeting you as well.

Paul

Thanks, Paul --

Billie

Hi Billie,

Thank you for the compliment.

I will be happy to share with you (and Deb) all that I have learned over the last 10+ years about FF miles. While it is not that complicated for someone who has been doing it for a while, it can be a little overwhelming for a beginner. That is why it is best discussed in person rather than via an e mail. We should have enough time on the TA cruise on one of the sea days to do just that.

I look forward to meeting you as well.

Paul

And will you be posting in Currents the date & time:D

As to food....haven't had a bad meal on United. that I can remember ! and love the lie flat business first seats on the 757's and the 767-400 s

Are you sure you are talking about the same airline. I fly 150k butt in seat miles a year all on UA. I cannot remember when I last had a good meal on UA. Certainly it was before the CO takeover.

You certainly have not flown on a 777. It great to get stuck in the middle seats of a 2 4 2 configuration.

Are you sure you are talking about the same airline. I fly 150k butt in seat miles a year all on UA. I cannot remember when I last had a good meal on UA. Certainly it was before the CO takeover.

You certainly have not flown on a 777. It great to get stuck in the middle seats of a 2 4 2 configuration.

Could not agree more.

We fly Business on miles 3 or 4 times a year. United would be our last pick -- as would most of the US airlines. We greatly prefer European carriers for service and food if we have a choice (when booking with miles you take what is available). We recently flew US Airways Business Class from Rome to Charlotte in a new A330 and it was remarkably good. We were surprised.

Could not agree more.

We fly Business on miles 3 or 4 times a year. United would be our last pick -- as would most of the US airlines. We greatly prefer European carriers for service and food if we have a choice (when booking with miles you take what is available). We recently flew US Airways Business Class from Rome to Charlotte in a new A330 and it was remarkably good. We were surprised.

Interestingly, we just flew an 11 hour flight on UA 777 in business class from Amsterdam to Houston to connect to IND. (not route we would have chosen, but mileage users can't always be choosers!) and had the best service and meals I can remember in a long time. The purser even came around to each person before the flight to welcome us and then to thank us before. We had a lovely lunch, mid-flight hot cookies, snacks sitting out during the flight, and the snack before landing was actually a hot sandwich and fresh fruit. Personnel were all friendly.

Unfortunately we had one of the small RJs from Houston to Indy that have 1-2 configuration and no overhead space, but we are used to that since UA uses those on many Indy connections since they got those from Continental.

Interestingly, we just flew an 11 hour flight on UA 777 in business class from Amsterdam to Houston to connect to IND. (not route we would have chosen, but mileage users can't always be choosers!) and had the best service and meals I can remember in a long time. The purser even came around to each person before the flight to welcome us and then to thank us before. We had a lovely lunch, mid-flight hot cookies, snacks sitting out during the flight, and the snack before landing was actually a hot sandwich and fresh fruit. Personnel were all friendly.

Unfortunately we had one of the small RJs from Houston to Indy that have 1-2 configuration and no overhead space, but we are used to that since UA uses those on many Indy connections since they got those from Continental.

Must have had a Continental crew. World of difference between ual and Continental crew members. Last trip on Continental (ual) was just OK with ual crew but, wonderful with Continental crew. The flight attendants are still not integrated with 2 companies so crews are strictly ual or Continental so hope for Continental crew!!!!

Hope your wait in immigration in Houston wasn't too long. Sometimes 2 minutes and sometimes an hour with all the flights from Mexico. Why I have Global Entry.

Must have had a Continental crew. World of difference between ual and Continental crew members. Last trip on Continental (ual) was just OK with ual crew but, wonderful with Continental crew. The flight attendants are still not integrated with 2 companies so crews are strictly ual or Continental so hope for Continental crew!!!!

Hope your wait in immigration in Houston wasn't too long. Sometimes 2 minutes and sometimes an hour with all the flights from Mexico. Why I have Global Entry.

Almost missed a connecting flight in Houston from So America last year because of immigration. I've had Global Entry ever since.

Definitely agree on that.. Sometimes I purposely fly thru Newark (and not Dulles) to avoid the UA FAs. But that does not fix the food -- Uncle Jeff (SMI) has destroyed both airlines. Had a rack of Lamb -- yesterday on a flight to Dubai -- hmmm sounds good... But they should have renamed it Lamb Bone with some overdone meat.

We've had Global Entry for almost 4 years and it's a lifesaver. Funny you mention Mexico flights. We were delayed leaving Houston for Indy because our plane was coming from Mexico (an RJ) and it had to clear immigration and be towed over to our gate.

Now that you mention the crew difference, I remember our first flight into Newark (hate the airport) from Europe after the merger and the people at the transfer baggage area for UA were some of the friendliest and most helpful ever had. Put us on an earlier flight, changed our tickets and specially tagged our bags. Obviously former Continental!

Hope your wait in immigration... wasn't too long... Why I have Global Entry.

My husband and I have received our conditional approval for Global Entry and we're scheduled for our interview/photo session/fingerprinting in a couple of weeks. Do you find you routinely get TSA Pre-check approval on your domestic flights or have you separately applied for the TSA Known Traveler program?

My husband and I have received our conditional approval for Global Entry and we're scheduled for our interview/photo session/fingerprinting in a couple of weeks. Do you find you routinely get TSA Pre-check approval on your domestic flights or have you separately applied for the TSA Known Traveler program?

Yes, have gotten TSA Pre for every flight since it went into effect. Have had Glabal Entry longer than TSA Pre has existed. You need to be sure that your known traveler number is on record with every airline you fly or intend to fly.

Don't believe you can get Pre on your boarding pass unless it is in the airlines record some time prior to your flight. Pre isn't available with every airline and don't think it is available on any foreign carriers but, not sure so won't help if you are flying across the pond on a foreign carrier even if it is a code share and you bought the ticket from a domestic carrier with Pre.

I will check on line of course, but was distinctly told by Air dept that they could not book the seats. This change came about in April this year. We always had our seats booked thru O air on Luft, not anymore. You contact them (airline)and pay anytime up to 48 hours prior to flight per leg so I am told.

Hi

This charging for seats in advance is not a new charge for us in Southern Hemisphere. We pay for seats on domestic(internal) and most International Flights from Australia. All airlines possibly excl. US based ones do it. Some even charge a fee for a bag. Recently a friend flew Brisbane - Hong kong - Helsinki - Berlin and paid $EUR240 for both of them.

We are currently being asked to pay for pre-booked seats for a connecting flight from DFW - Montreal after flying from Sydney into DFW and this connection is on AA.

This now the norm but I have to say seating couples apart is not the norm as most of the airlines know when people are flying together as it is their databases.

This is the new update old of airlines.

Yes, we can reserve seats 24 hours or less before the flight with most of them if we book it ourselves.

We have found out from a previous experience that where a group booking is made the company concerned is the only one who has access to those seats as airline change the ownership. Therefore, you have no control or access.

Maybe, this will occur more and more in the USA.

I am also referring to flying in economy as premium economy and business class have a lot more rights and facilities available to them.

Also I used to travel many weeks a year on planes.