concierge tip

gooberpetey

Depends what they do for you! If they're just saying "Have a good day" in passing, then no tip is really needed. If you're having them make reservations for you, or other requests, then tip according to how much they do for you, and the perceived value that gave you!

How many nights is your cruise?

It is an 8 night Royal Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore. We usually make our own dinner reservations & have already booked a shore trip so we won't be using the concierge service very much if at all.

It is an 8 night Royal Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore. We usually make our own dinner reservations & have already booked a shore trip so we won't be using the concierge service very much if at all.

If one consults the concierge or requests help for whatever arises, you likely do not know in advance how much you will use your concierge. Of course, that can greatly depend upon how competent, pleasant, helpful they are and what may unexpectedly come up for which you request assistance or information. Concierges can be your best friend. :)

On HAL ships, the Concierge handles everything one would do at the front office. If you want large currency bills changed for smaller denomination, they will do that. Any forms which must be completed such as your onward travel plans after the cruise will be taken care of for you. If you want to arrange a cocktail party in your suite, hello concierge............

I have no idea how much 'full service' your RCI concierge will offer.

Edited by sail7seas

I am in a suite on my next cruise & I'm not sure how much to tip the Concierge. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

This is personal choice, and very much depends on if you use the services of the concierge to any extent. Or you may choose not to tip - it's entirely up to you. Some feel they have paid enough for the upscale cabin which includes this service anyway.

Edited by Lizzie68

I had the same question before our first suite experience. A lovely CC poster (who no longer posts :( ) pointed out to me that (at least on Holland America) the concierges are Front Desk personnel, who are paid a wage, not reliant on tips from passengers. That helped me, not sure if it will help you or not ;)

As others have said, we figured it out based on what we got the concierge to do for us. We barely used them. On the other side of the coin, friends used their concierge for everything, EVERYTHING, and for a 7-day cruise tipped $200. Trust me, the concierge worked darn hard for that $200. It was no gift, if you get my drift ;)

I haven't sailed on RC, but have used concierges on both HAL and NCL.

On the NCL board, the subject of tipping the concierge and butler seems to come up frequently. HAL doesn't have butlers, and the subject of tipping the concierges doesn't come up as often.

At any rate, if it was me, I'd tip based on how much I used their services. If you don't plan to interact with them much, then I wouldn't worry about a tip. CowPrincess' point about the positions being salaried (at least on HAL) is well taken.

I haven't sailed on RC, but have used concierges on both HAL and NCL.

On the NCL board, the subject of tipping the concierge and butler seems to come up frequently. HAL doesn't have butlers, and the subject of tipping the concierges doesn't come up as often.

At any rate, if it was me, I'd tip based on how much I used their services. If you don't plan to interact with them much, then I wouldn't worry about a tip. CowPrincess' point about the positions being salaried (at least on HAL) is well taken.

It is true the front office personnel on HAL are the concierges in Neptune Lounge. But it is relevant to add they rotate so all (most) get a turn. They work the front office and then are assigned varying length stretch where they work Neptune Lounge. They are eager for that sort of work as well as the tips they know a large percentage of their guests provide them.

Edited by sail7seas

It is true the front office personnel on HAL are the concierges in Neptune Lounge. But it is relevant to add they rotate so all (most) get a turn. They work the front office and then are assigned varying length stretch where they work Neptune Lounge. They are eager for that sort of work as well as the tips they know a large percentage of their guests provide them.

I certainly would rather have shifts at the Neptune Lounge desk rather than standing at the Front Office. :D

I have no doubt they are eager for those assignments, and the tips that may be offered.