Sporthorse Cruise

Fouremco

I belatedly determined that our Feb 1 cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam is one being used for the Sporthorse Cruise, formerly the Dressage Cruise. Does anyone know what size the group might be? I'm hoping that they aren't a large group that might monopolize any of the ship's facilities.

I have no idea how big their group is, you might email the person that sets up the cruises. I would tell her that you are a regular passenger on the same cruise and you are concerned that the group might be big enough to take over alot of the venues on the ship. I would be honest about my inquiry, and ask her how big a group do they normally get. This group has been on Hal before. Her name is Alice Knox at alice@sporthorsecruise.com.

You can go to their website at http://www.dressagecruise.com

Thanks for all of the comments, serious and otherwise. :)

I received a reply to an enquiry I'd sent to the organizer and no longer have any concerns. All horses will be restricted to the Promenade Deck this year and will not be allowed to swim in the Lido pool.

From the organizer's email:

Thank you for your note. Please know that as a long time cruiser and former cruise line employee, I completely understand your concern.

Our group will be approximately 25 people. The seminars are held on sea days in

a reserved meeting room, and our two cocktail parties are held in a private area of the Crow's Nest.

We've requested an evening in the Pinnacle Grill toward the end of the cruise,

but the date and time haven't been finalized by HAL. In the past, we been seated at two large tables near the front of the PG (overlooking the atrium), and the remainder of the restaurant is undisturbed.

There are no organized shore excursions for our group; everyone goes their own way.

Thanks for all of the comments, serious and otherwise. :)

I received a reply to an enquiry I'd sent to the organizer and no longer have any concerns. All horses will be restricted to the Promenade Deck this year and will not be allowed to swim in the Lido pool.

From the organizer's email:

Thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear their horse will be resticted.:D:D

As a dressage rider who owns a sporthorse I would think that it would be a small group. The approximately 25 may be high because there just are not that many DQs around (and Feb is the "winter season" in Florida).

While the promenade deck is fine for an extended trot they will need a wider area for half pass.

Hello All...

What a nice surprise to see Sporthorse Cruise mentioned on the HAL forum !

Just wanted to reply quickly to mountainmare who wondered about the actual size of our group. The number I provided is accurate, and by the sail date, it may increase by a few more. On this sailing, our guests are coming from the west coast, midwest and northeast. Also one guest speaker is from Germany, and another from New Zealand. As you know, the Global Dressage Festival and Winter Equestrian Festivals will be taking place during that time of year in Wellington, and many riders (dressage and show jumpers) are busy competing. We'll be visiting those horse shows the day before the cruise. Anyway, I hope you'll consider joining us one year.

Holland America takes great care of us onboard and we're looking forward to being back on the NA. :)

Edited by Sporthorse Cruise