Reflection - Just Back

agent9999

Just got back from the Reflection. Overall, a wonderful cruise - ship is beautiful and service and staff were great. Embarkation was horrendous and I must admit, I was dreading the cruise while we were waiting to board. Things improved dramatically and we had a wonderful time. I would be more than happy to answer any questions so feel free to ask away!!!

Just got back from the Reflection. Overall, a wonderful cruise - ship is beautiful and service and staff were great. Embarkation was horrendous and I must admit, I was dreading the cruise while we were waiting to board. Things improved dramatically and we had a wonderful time. I would be more than happy to answer any questions so feel free to ask away!!!

Details?? We'll sailing her from MIA in March.

Glad the cruise was Great! :)

We love the Celebrity experience. :)

Details?? We'll sailing her from MIA in March.

We received an email 3 days before departure notifying us that since Reflection was coming back from a TA cruise, that embarkation was going to be delayed and the email stated what times to arrive. We arrived at the terminal about 30 mins earlier than our email stated due to flight arrival to FL. When I tell you that the line to go through security, customs and then check in was long, I am not kidding. We were literally in the last group of about 50 people to board the ship. As soon as we got on the ship we were told we had to report to muster - couldn't even stop to use the restroom or check out our cabin. We sat in lounge for our muster drill for about 15 mins. and then realized we had some time so we nicely asked a security guard if we can please go to our cabin to at least drop off our carry on luggage and use restroom. We dropped luggage off and went right back to the lounge for muster. It was explained that due to the ship just arriving from TA, it took longer than usual to clear the customs. The boarding process was complete chaos. The handed us bottles of water right before we went through security but when we got to security we were told we couldn't take the water with us. I guess lesson learned - do not go on first cruise after TA.

sailing nov 29th....thank you for the offer...

who was the cruise director??/

what entertainment did they have on board??? what bands etc???

they usually have 2 singers that alternate in the bars...same this time?/

what about the band in the atrium??//and around the pool.....please tell me they were enjoyable.....lol

any music in the evening around the sunset bar??/

thanks

Brockmom

I wonder why u couldn't take the water through security. They obviously allow liquids (u can bring two bottles of wine).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I wondered about this too. I am usually nursing a bottle of water when I go through security, and just stick it in my carry-on.

We've been on a few cruises just after transatlantic and late boarding seems to be the norm. We've been left standing around for as much as 3 hours in the terminals in Ft Lauderdale...people who arrived after 1 were left standing outside because there was no room left in the terminal. The people who checked in earliest at least had seats, but were there even longer.

Glad you had a good time apart from the embarkation at least it was at the start so you had plenty of time to get over it.

We too are sailing on the Reflection on the 29th November and I am trying to find out what times the main theatre shows were each night so I can plan & book our dining around the shows as there are 8 of us travelling together.

I understand they can change from cruise to cruise but it will give me a good indication.

Please give us any other tips that you may think will enhance our time on board.

Many thanks in advance.

if you think you had it hard the people getting off had it worse and the crew- not sure of total- have to go thru customs one by one plus the ship has to clear that they did not bring in anything..

We were on the Reflection TA, and yes, the debarkation process was horrendous. Apparently someone from TSA/Homeland security/Immigration (take your pick) decided to have just ONE line for all passengers disembarking. All non-US citizens had to be fingerprinted, and this process was taking additional time. US and Canadians ended up in this single line which contributed to the terrible delay. Finally, after several hours and the complaints of many, many angry people who were understandably frustrated by this SNAFU, someone decided that US citizens and Canadians who did not need to be fingerprinted should be in a separate line. The lines started to move faster then, but by that time it was almost Noon.

And it was an especially bad day for the crew as they had to be up at 3AM so they could report to Immigration at 4 AM!

We were on the Reflection TA, and yes, the debarkation process was horrendous. Apparently someone from TSA/Homeland security/Immigration (take your pick) decided to have just ONE line for all passengers disembarking. All non-US citizens had to be fingerprinted, and this process was taking additional time. US and Canadians ended up in this single line which contributed to the terrible delay. Finally, after several hours and the complaints of many, many angry people who were understandably frustrated by this SNAFU, someone decided that US citizens and Canadians who did not need to be fingerprinted should be in a separate line. The lines started to move faster then, but by that time it was almost Noon.

And it was an especially bad day for the crew as they had to be up at 3AM so they could report to Immigration at 4 AM!

Thank you for posting this. .Did not make youru day any better. But an inform cruiser can plan better. i am sure many peopel missed flights due to this. .i stil lread that peopel think they can fly home before noon- this says no flights before 2 or 3 pm..

Plus thank you for adding in the crew who had to put on their smiles to greet all the new guests and work into or after midnight.

Thanks you for detailing the reason for the slow disembarkation and subsequent 11/8 embarkation. We are one next year's first cruise after the TA. I have a group with me, so we can be prepared and not plan to board as early as usual. Hope you had a great cruise.

Which Caribbean itinerary did your week include? We are on the eastern route on November 22nd.

Thank you for posting this. .Did not make youru day any better. But an inform cruiser can plan better. i am sure many peopel missed flights due to this. .i stil lread that peopel think they can fly home before noon- this says no flights before 2 or 3 pm..

Plus thank you for adding in the crew who had to put on their smiles to greet all the new guests and work into or after midnight.

You're welcome. :)

Luckily for us, our flight was not until 3:55 PM out of FLL, which we were able to make with a little time to spare. We are on the Silhouette TA next Fall and I will make sure our departure time is late afternoon. ;)

Thanks you for detailing the reason for the slow disembarkation and subsequent 11/8 embarkation. We are one next year's first cruise after the TA. I have a group with me, so we can be prepared and not plan to board as early as usual. Hope you had a great cruise.

You're welcome.

Other than a rather disappointing debarkation, which was not Celebrity's fault, our B2B cruise was absolutely wonderful! :D

Edited by C-Dragons

Just got off reflection as well. Getting on took forever. We got there around 12 because our hotel shuttle only made one drop off. We were told that we would be allowed on around 12:30. Checking in was a breeze but had to wait til 1:30. The inside building was freezing and I didn't have a jacket. They had bottle water but that would entail getting out of line. Once in all was well. Loved the Sunset bar. Hung out there most of the cruise. Staff were amazing and attentive. So pleased that we booked another one on board. Great savings that way. Most cruisers on board were older but i appreciated that since my best friend and I were there to relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums