Can you describe buffet setup on Regal?

eandj

Huge. Big, wide aisles. Chefs stationed behind every section so that everything is kept fresh and filled. Made-to-order sandwiches at lunch, a stir-fry made in front of you section, etc. At lunch, for instance, there are three different salad bars. Two or three different roasts. Many more dining room menu items available for dinner in the buffet. I could go on and on.

Nice pictures. We were on the Royal and the layout is really nice and very efficient. The larger table area is also a real plus. We loved it.

I never liked the small space they put the serving lines on the Grand class ships. It was way too congested. The later Grand class ships with the Cafe Caribe at the back of the HC helped some.

Nice pictures. We were on the Royal and the layout is really nice and very efficient. The larger table area is also a real plus. We loved it.

I never liked the small space they put the serving lines on the Grand class ships. It was way too congested. The later Grand class ships with the Cafe Caribe at the back of the HC helped some.

My buffet experiences in the Horizon Court on Ruby Princess were a nightmare; one entrance, one exit, and a space the size of a postage stamp. The layout of the Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro on the Royal-class is exponentially better than previous classes.

Here are some pictures of the seating areas on Royal Princess, Regal Princess will be identical in layout:

11509960733_f0d0d7b939_c.jpg

11509863995_dda0782a00_c.jpg

11509841085_48ecba9fa6_c.jpg

Plus, there's a nice large covered area aft of the Horizon Court outdoors with lots of seating and couches that's a great place to take your meals...

11171223003_3638573d99_c.jpg

11476708474_838f293a49_c.jpg

11278177146_dbc6c38911_c.jpg

With many negative comments about the new class of ship this looks like a winner. I'm assuming the photo's apply to the Royal as well ? :)

The pictures I posted above were from Royal Princess, however Regal Princess is going to be absolutely identical in its interior layout of public rooms and dining venues, as well as most of the outdoor spaces like that seating area aft of the Horizon Court, albeit there may be some minor decor differences.

:D

Much better layout and we found the quality of food in the buffet far superior on the regal than on any of the grand class ships. Always found space to eat even at the busiest times a huge improvement

Terry

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It different from the other ships. It runs port to starboard. There are multiple sections which seems to feel less congested.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska

Island Princess 2009 Alaska

Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska

Golden Princess 2011 Alaska

Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal

Star Princess 2012 Alaska

Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 New England

Future Cruises

Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean

Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

related to buffet..I found Princess had the most for me to eat. I'm vegetarian lacto-ovo and they had lots of things even small dishes like seaweed and quinoa, interesting little things like that which is part of reason why we're returning on Regal next yr.

do they still identify everything with V for folks like me, and have plenty of options there.

what's the breakfast like?

Thank you for all the pictures. I was having trouble picturing it with what I had read. We tend to cruise Celebrity and find the S class buffets to be great. Altho this is different, at least they are attempting to spread things out. We will report back on set up and offerings after cruising in late Jan. ;)

I presume the international cafe still has the same light choices ..like my favorite shrimp salad and the small panini sandwiches ?

I presume the international cafe still has the same light choices ..like my favorite shrimp salad and the small panini sandwiches ?

The International Cafe was another favorite of mine, not just for some of the new offerings, but also because it's seating capacity has doubled over previous ships.

11206281793_e79e50a82f_c.jpg

11206281823_a5d46a114f_c.jpg

11206282143_5135d1bede_c.jpg

11236217834_9859c75797_c.jpg

11236217244_6636eb6fc0_c.jpg

11477410783_f902e40f05_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

It different from the other ships. It runs port to starboard. There are multiple sections which seems to feel less congested.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska

Island Princess 2009 Alaska

Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska

Golden Princess 2011 Alaska

Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal

Star Princess 2012 Alaska

Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 New England

Future Cruises

Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean

Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

It is different but the problem I noticed was people entering from both sides causing collisions in the middle since people were going in opposite directions

On the royal they had someone directing traffic on our cruise, so that was a minor issue after the first day or so.

It is different but the problem I noticed was people entering from both sides causing collisions in the middle since people were going in opposite directions

On the royal they had someone directing traffic on our cruise, so that was a minor issue after the first day or so.

By time I got on, the 'traffic directors' were no longer visible, or at least I never saw them.

The same 'collisions' took place on the Ruby Princess in the Horizon Court, the problem was that that space was so much smaller, whereas the Royal-class has those nice wide isles. I never witnessed any of the 'collisions' on Royal Princess, everyone took their time and were pretty much respectful of each other waiting turns at getting their selections.

Edited by dmwnc1959

By time I got on, the 'traffic directors' were no longer visible, or at least I never saw them.

The same 'collisions' took place on the Ruby Princess in the Horizon Court, the problem was that that space was so much smaller, whereas the Royal-class has those nice wide isles. I never witnessed any of the 'collisions' on Royal Princess, everyone took their time and were pretty much respectful of each other waiting turns at getting their selections.

It was an interesting change and there were pluses and minus some can just be attributed to learning the new way.

It seemed like rows and rows of food spread out and if you are with others easy to get separated. Personally I was afraid my food would get cold b4 I went up and down the aisles. [emoji1]

It was an interesting change and there were pluses and minus some can just be attributed to learning the new way.

It seemed like rows and rows of food spread out and if you are with others easy to get separated. Personally I was afraid my food would get cold b4 I went up and down the aisles. [emoji1]

I remember when most of us were still learning about Royal Princess from the inaugural LIVE threads coming from the Med, and the one tip most commonly mentioned was to first establish your table, then browse the rows of food, and once you've decided on what you want, go back for those items and head back to your table. Worked pretty well. ;)