Crown Grill Steaks

MsSoCalCruiser

I'm looking forward to dinner at the Crown Grill with my friend. I've been to the Crown three times so far and I have enjoyed it each time. All three times I have ordered the fillet mignon (with a side of lobster). I'm thinking about trying something different. Has anyone tried the ribeye or porterhouse steaks? If so, how would you rate them?

I just wanted to add that I really liked trying the various salts offered at the crown grill.

:):):)

I'm looking forward to dinner at the Crown Grill with my friend. I've been to the Crown three times so far and I have enjoyed it each time. All three times I have ordered the fillet mignon (with a side of lobster). I'm thinking about trying something different. Has anyone tried the ribeye or porterhouse steaks? If so, how would you rate them?

I just wanted to add that I really liked trying the various salts offered at the crown grill.

:):):)

Well there won't be any variance in how they cook the steaks and the Crown Grill

earns it's reputation of being a good steakhouse. You can see the raw cuts before you order but the others, rib-eye especially will have more fat (which helps make it so flavorful) that you'll probably not eat. Filet is a cut where you'll eat and enjoy every bite.

Filet and lobster=hard to beat.

Norris

When you eat in the Crown Grill, is it like the dining room where you can order as much as you like, or is there a limit?

Well, let's see.........last week on the Golden our waiter said "Don't slow down now, I'll bring you more of whatever you want. And when you're through, Ill bring you all the dessert you want!" We were very full after the filet and lobster tail and took our desserts to go. It was the best final morning breakfast we've ever had! :D:D

We love the Crown Grill. Our TA normally gives us a voucher to it

We will be eating in it the week of Thanksgiving on the Emerald Princess. I normally get the porterhouse. The DW gets the fillet. I may try the bribery this time.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

And get the Black & Blue French Onion Soup to start. It is sooooo good.:D

YES! A thousand times yes.

The Porterhouse is just to much for me so I go for the NY strip (with a lobster tail, of course).

January can't come soon enough.

I tried the Porterhouse last October while on the Royal T/A. It was absolutely huge and I enjoyed every bite. The Filet & Lobster, that I tried on another night, was also great.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

from what Im reading sounds like it, is it alot better than the steaks in regular dining rooms ? just never gone to 1 of the specialty restaurants before...

If you want beef go to Crown Grill. Don't expect great beef in MDR.

The lobster is a separate order. Since DH and I like our steaks cooked the same we each get an order of lobster and share one steak. With pre entree orders our experience is that for us it would be too filling if we ordered a steak each, but absolutely no problem if that is what you want.

from what Im reading sounds like it, is it alot better than the steaks in regular dining rooms ? just never gone to 1 of the specialty restaurants before...

Yes, there is a huge difference in the quality of steak you'll get in the MDR vs. the Crown Grill. It really is like going to a high end land based steak house. And I learned something new - I will have to order a lobster tail with my filet, and starve myself all day so I can attempt to finish it.

You can pretty much order whatever the heck you want. We're not really fond of the app offerings at the CG, so we will often order the Mussel Pot or the Shrimp entree as an app.The onion soup is delicious and they can do caesar salad (with anchovies as we like it) by request. You can get lobster tails with anything you want.

As for the cuts of meat, I will say that we are Steakhouse snobs at home, and my husband and I both love the CG filet and the New York Strip. Haven't tried the Ribeye. Husband did not like the Porterhouse. It was big, but it it wasn't very thick. The Rack of Lamb is wonderful too.

We probably eat at the CG 4-5 times on a 7 day cruise, so needless to say, we enjoy it. :D