Changes to Oasis

I just got off the Oasis TA and without getting into the myriad of problems I found one particular change to the ship very annoying. The Viking Crowne Lounge has always been RCI's trademark lounge where all the passengers could go. I liked to be there for sailaway. No they are making it a private lounge for Suite and Pinnacle guests only. Many people are beginning to feel like this is Cunard. Give us back our lounges

Edited by aloha of the seas

You are correct that the Viking Crown has been sort of a trade mark for RCI but I think that Quantum and Anthem don't have one so it looks like RCI is going in another direction with their signiture lounge.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Every time I have visited the Viking Crown Lounge on Oasis class it has always been empty. I'd sit and have a drink but it was uncomfortable with several bartenders and waiters staring at me. I thought to myself, what a waste of prime space and labor. I am happy to see that they are trying something different. Something needs to be up there that is going to attract people. Lets give it a try.

Every time I have visited the Viking Crown Lounge on Oasis class it has always been empty. I'd sit and have a drink but it was uncomfortable with several bartenders and waiters staring at me. I thought to myself, what a waste of prime space and labor. I am happy to see that they are trying something different. Something needs to be up there that is going to attract people. Lets give it a try.

Depends on when you go. At sail away or before dinner time, it is far from empty. At night there used to be bands there.

What's up there now does not attract anyone unless you have a suite

Many people are beginning to feel like this is Cunard. Give us back our lounges

I take it that you have been on Cunard many times?

Cunard has never had anything like the VCL. Yes, they have a couple of small, dedicated lounges for "grill" passengers for their respective restaurants, but nothing like the VCL that is restricted to certain guests.

Sorry but this RCI change makes Cunard look good!

Exactly, I have been in the Viking Crown Lounge at just about every time of day (love the views it provided) and it was always empty, (with the exception of smaller ships where they set up evening C&A lounge. It amazes me the sudden outpouring of folks who are devistated because it was there one and only "special" place.

Quantum has the Two70

Which is being said to be a great place to hang out and maybe the future replacement for Viking crown

Yes, Two70 is a good replacement for the Viking Crown Lounge on the Quantum Class, but there is technically no replacement for the VCL on Oasis.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I disagree with those who say it was under utilised, well not on the Freedom and Voyager class I've sailed on. So that's 4 times Liberty, 2 x Freedom, 2 x Mariner, 3 x Adventure, 1 x Navigator. Always busy in the evenings, and not too quiet during the day. My experiences only. Then again I'm not a bean counter for RCI.

Edited by peteukmcr

I disagree with those who say it was under utilised, well not on the Freedom and Voyager class I've sailed on. So that's 4 times Liberty, 2 x Freedom, 2 x Mariner, 3 x Adventure, 1 x Navigator. Always busy in the evenings, and not too quiet during the day. My experiences only. Then again I'm not a bean counter for RCI.

Amazing.....

Just a thought...if there is only 5 people in the room with you it does not necessarily count as "busy"

Edited by rolloman

LOVE the VCL on the Radiance Class. I spent a lot of daytime hours there on the Jewel and plan to spend a lot of time next October there on the Jewel, also. However, I must admit we only made it up there once for a few minutes on the Oasis in 7 days. Too many other places to go.....:cool:

Well, on Allure it certainly was under utilized when we sailed this past February. We went up there most evenings only because we really liked the music group that was playing the lounge. There was not even one evening where there were many people up there. It was great for those of us who were and prefer to not be in a crowd but from RCI's perspective the bar wasn't exactly pushing out drinks.

Exactly, I have been in the Viking Crown Lounge at just about every time of day (love the views it provided) and it was always empty, (with the exception of smaller ships where they set up evening C&A lounge. It amazes me the sudden outpouring of folks who are devistated because it was there one and only "special" place.

I think maybe it has more to do with it being the one place that you could count on to be quiet during the day and also have some pretty spectacular views. Of course, that occurs because of exactly what you stated... it is almost always empty.

Edited by Ocean Boy

You can get up to 17, but entry to the Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen is controlled by card, just like the Concierge and Diamond Lounges.

Cindy

So is Coastal Kitchen limited to gold card holders, or is it just free to gold card holders and extra cost for others?

So is Coastal Kitchen limited to gold card holders, or is it just free to gold card holders and extra cost for others?

Coastal Kitchen is the included Dynamic Dining extra option for Suite and pinnacle members - so yes, only gold card holders. It does not uave am extra charge, and at least for now, no one who is not a gold card holder can access it by paying for it.