November 17 - check for price drops

marys350

...The funny thing is when I tried to check a rate with the above TA site this morning, it still shows the 2nd person as full rate. :rolleyes:

Even on Royal's site, some of our cruises are coming up 2nd person full rate. Maybe it's taking some time to adjust all the cruises.

I saw this sale coming when I received an email from a popular TA site yesterday. I kept checking CC to see if the continuation of BOGOHO was mentioned, but no one else seemed to be hearing about it. Checked RCCL webpage, as well. I thought it must be offered only by this TA. See below:

bogoho is combinable with C&A but obc is not.

I cannot post the rest of the email I received because it mentions this TA's name, but the OBC (from RCCL), plus an OBC (from the TA) is being offered. In addition, 50% reduced deposit, a Specialty Dinner or Spa treatment, and ...

I checked the cruise I was interested and it is not showing a BOGOHO rate on RCCL, either. Also, the prices went up from when I checked last night.

Edited by Iamthesea

I just saved $86 and upgraded from an interior to an ocean view on my 5/30/15 Southern Caribbean cruise on AOS out of San Juan. Im pretty happy with that :)

Forgot to mention my OBC went from $125 to $150 also!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Ivana Cruise

Does cruiseline do blk friday sales?

Just wondering..:D

I'll be off to my cruise the following day.. haha looking for possible upgrade!

They might extend their Tuesday sale so it lasts for the entire week of Thanksgiving.

bogoho is combinable with C&A but obc is not.

I see this sentence, which seems to imply the BOGOHO plus OBC is combinable, but maybe I'm reading more into it:

Buy One, Get One 50% off is combinable with the adjoining OBC offer, Crown & Anchor discounts and NextCruise offers

I see this sentence, which seems to imply the BOGOHO plus OBC is combinable, but maybe I'm reading more into it:

Buy One, Get One 50% off is combinable with the adjoining OBC offer, Crown & Anchor discounts and NextCruise offers

I read it as BOGOHO you can get your balcony discount but not the OBC

What do you think they mean by "NextCruise offers"?

First it says it IS combinable and then there is this line. I guess NextCruise offers are any reservations made onboard that already have OBC?:confused:

Get One 50% off offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, Kids Sail Free). OBC offer is combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, BOGO, Kids Sail Free) as well as NextCruise offers. OBC offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts. Neither offer is combinable with any other offer or promotion

I think any possible savings will be small and depend highly on rarity vs. popularity of sailings (I guess supply vs. demand). If you booked during BOGOHO #1 I'm guessing there's no savings.

I just checked my Legend cruise, it's is still more what I paid first week of BOGOHO #1. Hawaii Sept 2015 is highly booked from what I can tell and still higher as well... thankfully from learning here at CC and watching previous year's pricing I booked first day (not like me at all, first time I ever did this as I'm usually an after final payment kinda guy) the itinerary came avail, especially with Rhapsody out of the picture I figure it would be a hot ticket. I have OBC's on both also. Check your pricing, maybe we'll never see BOGOHO pricing again like we had last May but there have been various extremely good buys on the GGG sales flyer.

I got lucky....I booked a lower senior rate a month ago, but lost $ 100 OBC, but saved $162, so it was worth it......

Well, today is final payment date and I called and kept the same rate and got my $100 OBC back thanks to the offer....

The email clearly makes a list of what is included with your booking and both/all (OBC from TA, plus additional OBC from RCCL, plus C&A balcony discounts) are clearly stated as being included. ;)

I have given up trying to deal with RCCL for a spring cruise. It's just too complicated and not matter what "deal" I find, the cruise is still more than what I currently have booked on Celebrity.

Edited by Iamthesea

First it says it IS combinable and then there is this line. I guess NextCruise offers are any reservations made onboard that already have OBC?:confused:

Get One 50% off offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, Kids Sail Free). OBC offer is combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, BOGO, Kids Sail Free) as well as NextCruise offers. OBC offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts. Neither offer is combinable with any other offer or promotion

I'm confused. It's almost as if there are two promos: a BOGOHO+OBC promo and an OBC only promo, because the terms seems to say two different things.

Just ran a mock booking. Couple of interesting things.

1) It did give me my Balcony Discount, but took off the OBC.

2) Not sure if this has always worked this way or if its a new "glitch" but in evaluating the offers it "decided" that the price less $100 Balcony Discount was better than the price less $200 OBC. IE first mock booking I did without logging in gave me a price of $2674.32 with a $200 OBC, so net price of $2474.32. Then I logged in and redid it now I got a price of $2574.32, with no OBC. Personally a $200 OBC is better than a $100 Balcony discount so be careful in looking at the prices.

Its actually marginally ($20) cheaper than my existing booking if I rebook, probably not worth the hassle plus this one is a Nextcruise Cert and it sounds like that might be a whole nother hassle.

I'm confused. It's almost as if there are two promos: a BOGOHO+OBC promo and an OBC only promo, because the terms seems to say two different things.

I know . I just read it again and it sure sounds like you can use your Next Cruise, BOGOHO (today's rate I'm sure). balcony discount AND get the OBC.

If that's true I might make out better than the May 1 BOGOHO.

When I try to book online though it is NOT giving me OBC.

Knowing RCL I find it hard to believe that they are going to allow all the above to be combined.

I booked on board the allure saturday for a September 2015 freedom cruise with a junior suite for $3855 with a $1200 obc. Today I checked and for the same room it was $2900 with no obc. So I'm better off with the $1200 obc which made my cost $2655.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a similar question as msweezie… can I use the new rates to upgrade if I am past final payment date but I am willing to pay a bit more to upgrade to a higher category cabin?

It appears for the BOGOHO the answer is no, it states “for new bookings only” in the T&Cs. (Although I’ve heard many reports that it can be done through “resolutions dept”, my TA says he has tried but they have not agreed.)

How about the OBC promo? I’m getting a good Resident rate and the with the OBC it makes it worth upgrading. The T&Cs are not clear about whether the OBC promo is valid for new bookings only.

I’ve already asked my TA to try, but I would like to have other people’s experience in case he comes back again and says that it couldn’t be done…

can anyone explain to me how and when you are able to get a credit, if the price of the cruise drops? I booked with Royal Caribbean directly for a December 1st cruise.

If you cruise leaves on Dec 1, then you are beyond final payment date, and Royal gives no credit of any kind when you are beyond final payment.

The only exception is if you booked within the last 48 hours. Then you can take advantage of their price guarantee.

can anyone explain to me how and when you are able to get a credit, if the price of the cruise drops? I booked with Royal Caribbean directly for a December 1st cruise.

You need to call Royal Caribbean reservations directly to get any price drops. (866) 562-7625

You need your reservation number handy when you call.

At this late date, the only thing you might be able to do is get an upgrade - you're too late for getting any credits.

Edited by orville99