November 17 - check for price drops

marys350

Yes, it is a good sale, but you do need to refigure all the onboard credits, etc. I booked a September Med cruise just last week and we were able to rebook our same cabin today and lost $25 of the shipboard credit, but netted a savings of $450--every dollar helps!

Last April during the bogo, I watched the prices for the April 19 Southern Caribbean B - cruise on the Adventure. It was $2350 (category D2 balcony) After the sale, it shot up to $3560 for the same category. Today it dropped to $2536. Lost out on $200 savings over the original sale, but we're booked! Also got the $200 C&A balcony discount. No additional OBC. moral of the story, book early if you can.

Saved $850 today on my April 15 Brilliance cruise. We originally had $400 OBC, but with the new BOGOHO sale, we have $300 OBC and the $850 savings off the 2nd guest price for a GS. And no, could not combine the C&A balcony discount on the original or new booking price specials.

Just to confirm, if you call to get the onboard credit added for this new sale, your cabin is re-priced at today's rates right?

It's difficult for me know really know for sure. Here's what I know - we booked 2 weeks ago at the end of the BOGOHO.

Today we got $200 in OBC with no change in our price. So I am guessing that the price is still the same as when we booked originally? :confused:

It's difficult for me to check for myself on the RCI website because we have booked a category E3 for our sailing and I can only find prices for E1 and E2.

Actually, I think that I can find E3 for our sailing but it seems to be on deck 6 (and one other - can't recall which) but not for the deck which we are booked on.

Edited by CookieDiva

First time booking cruise with RCI. Booked online with Direct Cruise line.

Noticed price dropped and Call RCI. Unable to make changes said to call TA. Filled out request. Saw price drop of about $30 , plus and OBC of $100.

Hope it goes through!

I don't think you can combine with your C&A though. I did it both ways and when I logged in it took off the obc.

You can't combine it. I just called for my cruise NOS in February and they said it was still cheaper to use C&A, than get the On board credit. We got our room upgraded & also a refund for the price difference [emoji4] oh happy day!!

I saved my parents $2145 on the 12 day Brillance cruise they booked last week while onboard the Adventure. I was on hold just waiting to get thru to C&A for 22 minutes. It was definitely worth the wait for that savings. My husband now says my time is worth about $6000/hour! Sigh....if only! :p

Edited by Maybaybie10

Terms & Conditions:

Buy One, Get One 50% off is combinable with the adjoining OBC offer, Crown & Anchor discounts and NextCruise offers. Buy One, Get One 50% off offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, Kids Sail Free). OBC offer is combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, BOGO, Kids Sail Free) as well as NextCruise offers. OBC offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts.

That's really not very clear. :rolleyes:

Terms & Conditions:

Buy One, Get One 50% off is combinable with the adjoining OBC offer, Crown & Anchor discounts and NextCruise offers. Buy One, Get One 50% off offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, Kids Sail Free). OBC offer is combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, BOGO, Kids Sail Free) as well as NextCruise offers. OBC offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts.

That's for sure. First line says yes to the balcony discount, last line says no. I was also told no on the phone.

I wonder if anyone has called them on the wording of the terms. I thought about it but it still would not have worked to our advantage.

I would not be surprised if the wording gets changed after they read these posts. That wording is really bad, even for Royal's standards.

Terms & Conditions:

Well they do say what the bogoho is and isn't combinable with, then they tell you what the obc is and isn't combinable with.

My questions are regarding applying the obc after final (as one poster mentioned) and repricing the cruise but maintaining the onboard booking credit, and getting the additional credit, (mentioned by another poster) which isn't something I thought they did anymore.

I'm confused by their reps applying things and denying things haphazardly.

Edited by marci22

If it is before final payment, you should be able to take advantage of the promo. However, it also depends on the policy of your TA, so you will have to contact them.

This is what my TA told me in an email:

Under the new promotion starting today, if we keep you in the same room category, the overall price would increase by $45 total but you would then receive an extra $100 in on board credit.

Does that sound like a good deal to take?

This is what my TA told me in an email:

Under the new promotion starting today, if we keep you in the same room category, the overall price would increase by $45 total but you would then receive an extra $100 in on board credit.

Does that sound like a good deal to take?

If you think you would have no trouble using the $100 on board credit, then I'd take it.

They must be getting slammed with questions today. The website keeps crashing, and there's a 15-minute hold time on the C&A phone line.:eek:

I feel for the people who booked in the last two weeks who go out and find that the price of their cabins just dropped 25% and they can't get through to ask for a change.

Called today (finally got through) on our March FOS cruise. New BOGO price is identical to what we paid, but now has $200 OBC attached. In order to get the OBC, however, I would have to give up my $200 balcony discount - RIIIIIIIGHT - Thanks but no thanks:(