November 17 - check for price drops

marys350

This was my experience as well; got drop alerts for all 3 cruises that fell under that sale but none were cheaper than the May BOGOHO. In some cases, the prices merely returned to what they were before this sale began.

Thanks for the heads up. Saw several of our prices drop 25%. However, none lower than the first week or so of the first BOGOHO yet.

I did a mock booking for an Oasis March, '16 cruise and getting more of a discount for the half-price off + $225 D balcony discount. Here's an example:

D1 category--3 Pax:

$1759,1759,649

$115,115,115

$(735),(510)

By right, the discount/half price combo $880+225 for a total of $1,105 vs $1,245 as per above mock booking example. Don't know why the difference.

I see this sentence, which seems to imply the BOGOHO plus OBC is combinable, but maybe I'm reading more into it:

Buy One, Get One 50% off is combinable with the adjoining OBC offer, Crown & Anchor discounts and NextCruise offers

You have to continue reading. See molly361 post where she quotes.

Also, I tried booking it both ways: when I logged in with my C&A, the obc disappeared.

I know . I just read it again and it sure sounds like you can use your Next Cruise, BOGOHO (today's rate I'm sure). balcony discount AND get the OBC.

If that's true I might make out better than the May 1 BOGOHO.

When I try to book online though it is NOT giving me OBC.

Knowing RCL I find it hard to believe that they are going to allow all the above to be combined.

I read the first part as "this is what the bogoho can be combined with" and not, "this is what C&A discounts can be combined with".

Says that obc cannot be combined with C&A later on.

Was on hold less than 5 minutes. Cruise fare went down $315. Had a on board booking OBC of $100. She kept that on and added the additional $100 per person. So that phone call saved me a net of $515. Happy Monday!! :D

I read the first part as "this is what the bogoho can be combined with" and not, "this is what C&A discounts can be combined with".

Says that obc cannot be combined with C&A later on.

Yes I saw that. I called and was told it can not be combined with the balcony discount (whish I figured_ but can be with a Next Cruise booking that already has OBC on it.

They sure don't make things easy to interpret.;)

Was on hold less than 5 minutes. Cruise fare went down $315. Had a on board booking OBC of $100. She kept that on and added the additional $100 per person. So that phone call saved me a net of $515. Happy Monday!! :D

So if I understand, you got the BOGOHO fare, OBC that comes with the current BOGOHO promo, and you also kept your OBC from booking on board?

So if I understand, you got the BOGOHO fare, OBC that comes with the current BOGOHO promo, and you also kept your OBC from booking on board?

I would expect them to drop the onboard booking for the promo obc. That person should check their invoice to make sure.

We had booked at the tail end of the BOGOHO - so we basically had 25% off, but no OBC.

Read about the price drops this morning and contacted our TA. She did whatever it is that they do and we ended up with the same stateroom at the same price but now have $100 pp OBC!

WooHoo!

:D

Yes, that is exactly what she did. I have the invoice. It reads the lower fare with BOGOHO and two lines of OBC. $100 on one line for the booking on board. And a second line that reads $200 for the current sale.

Not sure if that is how she was "supposed" to do it. But it can be done and she did it with no problems.

Yes, that is exactly what she did. I have the invoice. It reads the lower fare with BOGOHO and two lines of OBC. $100 on one line for the booking on board. And a second line that reads $200 for the current sale.

Not sure if that is how she was "supposed" to do it. But it can be done and she did it with no problems.

Thanks for the explanation. This is the first time in years I've heard of them allowing OBC to be combined. Hopefully they apply the same policy to others who use this promo.:)

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the explanation. This is the first time in years I've heard of them allowing OBC to be combined. Hopefully they apply the same policy to others who use this promo.:)

That is really weird, especially because they are being such cheapskates lately.

I thought you risked losing your onboard booking bonus (or any promo obc) whenever you requested a price drop?

Maybe this sale is glitchy?

Maybe the rep is new?

Who the hell knows anymore.

Ok so I'm confused we booked our cruise in October thru our TA, but we dont sail until February, during the BOGOHO sale and we received the $250.00 reduced deposit and $100.00 OBC. Now I was looking at the sale today and our Category D7 is sold out. So are we basically out of luck on getting in on this sale for more OBC? We would love to upgrade but we are on Deck 11 and were told we are on a great floor???

When I called the rep said I would lose my balcony discount but I could keep the OBC I got from booking onboard AND get the new promo OBC

Sure does not match the terms which are pretty clear about it being combinable with C&A discounts.:confused:

Ok so I'm confused we booked our cruise in October thru our TA, but we dont sail until February, during the BOGOHO sale and we received the $250.00 reduced deposit and $100.00 OBC. Now I was looking at the sale today and our Category D7 is sold out. So are we basically out of luck on getting in on this sale for more OBC? We would love to upgrade but we are on Deck 11 and were told we are on a great floor???

If it is before final payment, you should be able to take advantage of the promo. However, it also depends on the policy of your TA, so you will have to contact them.

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to save a substantial amount on our 2015 Mediterranean cruise. I had booked onboard and received extra OBC for the promo at that time plus the $150 OBC for booking onboard. We lost the promo OBC but were able to keep the $150 onboard booking OBC. We still ended up ahead, but you do have to compare the final cost before you decide if it's worth it to re-book.

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to save a substantial amount on our 2015 Mediterranean cruise. I had booked onboard and received extra OBC for the promo at that time plus the $150 OBC for booking onboard. We lost the promo OBC but were able to keep the $150 onboard booking OBC. We still ended up ahead, but you do have to compare the final cost before you decide if it's worth it to re-book.

So you kept your onboard booking credit of $150, plus you got the current obc offer like the other poster?

Sounds like you originally got $150 onboard booking credit plus an older promo credit. Now what happens with the current promo credit?

Edited by marci22

So you kept your onboard booking credit of $150, plus you got the current obc offer like the other poster?

Sounds like you originally got $150 onboard booking credit plus an older promo credit. Now what happens with the current promo credit?

Yes, we kept the $150 onboard booking OBC and got $100 OBC with the new promo offer for a total of $250 OBC. We lost all the OBC from the promo we originally booked under (which was more than $250), but came out ahead because the cruise cost dropped more than the OBC we lost.

Yes, we kept the $150 onboard booking OBC and got $100 OBC with the new promo offer for a total of $250 OBC. We lost all the OBC from the promo we originally booked under (which was more than $250), but came out ahead because the cruise cost dropped more than the OBC we lost.

Any C&A discount?