Would you pay this for 2 rooms?

Would you pay $700 more for 2 staterooms instead of one?

We currently have an oceanview booked for 4 of us ( yes 4 - ugh...trying to save money)

It was what we thought to be a good deal .

$2808.00 ( kids sail free promo) Oceanview was actually cheaper then outside.

Now with the new sale I can get 2 insides for $3508...including $200 stateroom credit. So technically it's really $500 more.

I'm thinking YES! But I value the opinions of repeat cruisers on here, as this is our first time on Royal.

I should add, this is for the Independace over March break ( 8day)

Do you think it's a fair deal?

Thanks!

We currently have an oceanview booked for 4 of us ( yes 4 - ugh...trying to save money)

Now with the new sale I can get 2 insides for $3508...including $200 stateroom credit. So technically it's really $500 more.

I'm thinking YES! But I value the opinions of repeat cruisers on here, as this is our first time on Royal.

Thanks!

For which ship and how long? Length of cruise would make a big difference in the answer. {sorry I did not see the ship and date. :) Did you add that later . . . or am I going blind?

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

How old are your kids?

If they are under 10 or so, then I would stick with the one room, and save the money (put it towards excursions, onboard expenses or your next cruise).

If they are older/taller, then I would consider two rooms a good investment.

We always got one room until our kids were 14 and 12, and it worked out just fine.

Thanks!

Only you can decide for sure. There are pros and cons. You would be giving up your oceanview - is that with balcony? You would be gaining an extra bathroom! Don't know ages of your kids, but unless they are very young, that extra bath could make a huge difference. Sounds like still a good price, especially for Spring break.

Don't know if this was any help? Let us know what you decide.

Maybe because its spring break but this cruise sounds very expensive especially for inside cabins. We have teenagers and have cruised in the same cabin and in two cabins. The extra space and privacy is nice but staying in the same cabin wasn't horrible either. We are budget traveler's though so we would go with whatever makes the most economical sence. Im sure tons of people will say its worth the extra cost for the second cabin but for me personally $700 is too much. I could book a whole other cruise for myself and DH for that price!:p

They release the family ocean view rooms if they aren't booked when it gets closer to cruise time. They are almost twice the size of the regular ocean view rooms but not much more expensive. You might want to call and see if they will let you book it with 4.

Thanks!

To us, the extra $ divided by 4 would make you happier, because of the 2

bathrooms. Also, depending on the category, your room might be way too

small for 4 of you. Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Are all of you adults?

That could make a difference. I don't know if there are connecting rooms in

your chosen category, but you might check that out.

Thanks!

Totally worth it. Especially for a first cruise. Make sure you can get ajoining rooms if the kids are smaller. We did on our last a LOS got the promenade inside cabins. Was awesome!!!

Edited by leinhto

Thanks!

We travelled with two kids (grandchildren)9 and 12,and loved two cabins instead of one. The cabins were adjoining, we all had storage room, and two bathrooms. Also privacy is great! Well worth it!! Would do this again and give up shore excursions if budget was an issue.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your responses everyone....

I guess I should have clarified..

2 teenagers, 16 and 14. Well traveled kids and never in the room ( we have cruised before just not on Royal.) that also get along quite well....but they are teens. Lol.

We are a family of 5 so we have always had to book 2 rooms. But because my oldest isn't joining us this time we had the opportunity to book one room.

GRIZWOLDS...

We usually cruise with Disney, during March break as that is the only break I get.

So this cruise is much cheaper then what we usually have paid in the past.

But yes, Spring break is always more...

I just don't want to be paying too much, to us this sounds like an ok price.

MENKOT

I did call and ask about a family stateroom... They would not allow me to book one as we are only 4. But I asked them to price one , just for comparison and it was $1000.00 more then 2 rooms...or so they say.

$700 does sound like a lot, when I read about people upgrading their rooms to a different category for $120 or $150...

Still unsure. I am the type that always wants the cheapest price...but I think Royals staterooms are smaller then Disney. We usually have at least an oceanview...had an inside once...but DH said he loved the darkness of the inside.

Oh what to do... I wish Royal would just stop with all these sales!

Wanted to add.. but seeing that the kids are teens, my comments are not as critical. Adjoining and connecting are not the same. Several posters suggested adjoining rooms. Those rooms are next to each other, but do not have a door in between.. those would be connecting.

Another option, since they are teens, is to have them across the hall in an inside cabin. I believe you might have to make the reservation with one adult in each cabin, you can move them around once on board. Get duplicate keys etc.

Another option, since they are teens, is to have them across the hall in an inside cabin.

Unfortunately, our original booking ( oceanview) we paid full price for the 1st and 2nd guest and the 3rd and 4th were free, so if I keep the original room, for just two of us and book just one inside across the hall for the kids, it would then be an extra $1758 to our original booking. Yikes! It's much better to rebook 2 new rooms as the 2nd and then the 4th would be half price....

Unfortunately, our original booking ( oceanview) we paid full price for the 1st and 2nd guest and the 3rd and 4th were free, so if I keep the original room, for just two of us and book just one inside across the hall for the kids, it would then be an extra $1758 to our original booking. Yikes! It's much better to rebook 2 new rooms as the 2nd and then the 4th would be half price....

If you keep at it you'll find the right combination and price that suits you.

If you keep at it you'll find the right combination and price that suits you.

In my experience, on the last 6 cruises we have taken, the price has always gone up after booking. That's it. No sales...

Only thing we have seen is after final payment maybe a guarantee booking for a small savings..

But Royal is just nuts! Prices are all over the place!

Ok.. So I just called to do the switch and the agent said if I switch it up I will loose my booked excursions...I have a cabana booked . So I guess that's a deal breaker for me.

I also have one in San Juan and the later time for the excursion is all booked up as well as the catermeran in St Kitts... Don't want to loose what I have.

Too bad.

How about a 8 nighter on Quantum of the Seas from NY..........$5000 for 2 Oceanview Cabins or one cabin for $4200..... March 13, 2015

maybe it would save you on some of the airfare.rather then flying from Canada to Ft. Lauderdale.......

Edited by Jimbo

Yikes! :eek:

I thought you said you cruised on Disney before?????

Double Yikes ! :eek: Wouldn't think 2 oceanview cabins for $5000 on the newest ship out there would scare you that much...........know how over priced al those disney cruises are.......Don't even want to imagine what you paid for a Disney cruise during spring break........

Edited by Jimbo

I''m a MAJOR budget traveler! Why pay that much more when you could put it towards another cruise is my opinion. We cruised Sept 2013 for 7 nights with our 2 adult children 24 &26 staying in an inside room. This Sept our 27 yr daughter stayed with us again same type of room. (Our boy was supposed to be with us but backed out at the last minute.)

We have no issues or problems with this, Now if I was travelling with other adults that weren't our kids it would be a different story!

Go with what you are comfortable with.