1st cruise as a Diamond, what should I expect?

islegroove

One important perk is the balcony discount.

Another is use of the Diamond Lounge with 24 hour access to complimentary specialty coffee. During the evening cocktail hour, there are complimentary drinks and snacks.

I agree that the balcony discount and the cocktail hour are the best perks. but, there are others we like.

DH and I are both D so we each get a free photo. [any that are printed--no special orders] We cruise 2-3 times a year so we do not need many photos, but it is nice to have a couple.

The list of perks says 30 mins each of internet time. However, on our last cruise we each got an hour. That was plenty of time to email the kids and check the weather or print our airline tickets.

I felt like I have reached the promised land when we finally got to diamond. [just 2 cruises as D]

We turn D on our upcoming trip in about two weeks :)

(Wish Royal did it like Carnival - if you "move up" on a cruise you get the extras for that cruise instead of waiting until the next one.)

Having said that, Royal's perks are much, much better.

Have fun.

Edited by pspercy

Along with feeling accomplished as becoming Diamond Members, you get a $225 dollar discount on balcony rooms so its balcony rooms for us from here out pretty much. The diamond lounge is also available in the morning with a continental breakfast and cocktails in the evening from 4:30 to 8pm. Specialty coffees also in lounge. Nice suprise I was not aware of was the vouchers for three drinks a day on our sea passes. We also used the conceirge to book an excursion since the line for at the excursion desk was very long. Also don't worry about going to get tickets for Ice shows... because they will be available for you in the Diamond lounge for you. We had gotten 8 tickets for a show but had to change plans due to a changed dinner plane, so just went up and got another time later that was in the lounge and changed out the tickets. You will also have the chance to do the behind the scene tour of the ship. In all enjoy being a Diamond! End result was we four more cruises booked in the next year or so. :D

My SO and I have finally reached Diamond Status and will be sailing for the first time as such in December.

What are the best perks (and I know this varies from person to person)?

The initiation on the first night is a little rough. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes and clean underwear.

After being thrown in the pool by the Diamond Plus members, it felt especially rewarding to be shown the secret handshake, and then brought to the bridge to take the ship for a drag race to the harbor exit against some crappy Carnival ship.

Oh wait, that was just a weird dream I had a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:d lol!

the initiation on the first night is a little rough. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes and clean underwear.

After being thrown in the pool by the diamond plus members, it felt especially rewarding to be shown the secret handshake, and then brought to the bridge to take the ship for a drag race to the harbor exit against some crappy carnival ship.

Oh wait, that was just a weird dream i had a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

The initiation on the first night is a little rough. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes and clean underwear.

After being thrown in the pool by the Diamond Plus members, it felt especially rewarding to be shown the secret handshake, and then brought to the bridge to take the ship for a drag race to the harbor exit against some crappy Carnival ship.

Hah! You had me up until the drag race!:o We become D next Halloween on Independence, then will be D for our B2B on the Adventure in 2016!:cool: Thanks for the giggles!!:D

Haha!

That was great ! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Diamond lounge on Allure is nice as it overlooks the Promenade. Great place to go and watch the parades in the promenade. But enjoy it on your upcoming cruise as I hear they are moving it down to deck 4 next year during dry dock as they recently did on Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The free photo is loaded onto your seapass card? We'll be first-time Diamond cruisers on Serenade next week. Yay!

That's correct. If you use your SeaPass card to pay for the photo, the first one should be free.

Actually, I do have a question. Can you take drinks with you out of the Diamond Lounge?

Forget the signs......YOU ARE A DIAMOND NOW AND ACT AS SUCH!....Signs? Pish Posh....Just stride out the door with the drink in your hand and laugh....and if ANY servant challenges you state proudly "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"................With ROYALTY come privilege.............:rolleyes: