Eclipse Questions ? Ask Andy !

Andy

Hope you your Mom have a great cruise.

Would like to know when renderings and sample menu's for the suites restaurant will be available. I think both were to be unveiled some time this year.

Also, there have been recent posts that specialty coffee may no longer be part of the premium alcohol package. Is this just a rumor?

Mary Lou

Hi Andy!

Wishing you and your mom a safe and enjoyable trip! We will be on the Eclipse in February for 14 days and are very excited already. We had heard that the new expanded menu for Bistro on five would be introduced fleet-wide by the end of 2014 and are hoping it will be in place when we sail...can you check while onboard and see if this is still the case? Thanks!

Cathy

Hope you your Mom have a great cruise.

Would like to know when renderings and sample menu's for the suites restaurant will be available. I think both were to be unveiled some time this year.

Also, there have been recent posts that specialty coffee may no longer be part of the premium alcohol package. Is this just a rumor?

Mary Lou

Hi Mary Lou,

I have not heard anything on the specialty coffee, but will be sure to check at Cafe Al Bacio. I'd also love to hear more about the Suite Dining Menus. I inquired about it last week, and was told "no news yet". FWIW, you would think that Celebrity should have some menus planned by now, as it's only a few months away. Why wouldn't they want to tease us ? :) The marketing folks should be all over this.

If I hear anything, I will reply on this thread.

Hi Andy,

Would you find out if Bruce will still be on in early February?

Also, curious even if there are elite coupons, is there still a gathering in the sky lounge with snacks?

:)

Hi SSFrance,

I will ask about Bruce. Regarding the Elite coupons, we had them on our last Eclipse sailing. The Sky Lounge was offered with snacks. The only difference was, you needed to present your coupons for the complimentary drinks. Of course, since the coupons were accepted at other venues, the Sky Lounge wasn't busy most evenings, but we enjoyed it very much, as it was less crowded !

I will be sure to report my findings on this sailing, and whether we have coupons or not. I asked Captains Club last week, and they were unable to answer the question. No biggie. I will know the answer soon enough :)

Hi Host Andy!

Sorry to hear that your Uncle is ill and will miss the cruise. :(

I wondered if you might swing by the future cruise desk and say hi to Bruce? Maybe see if he is going to be on board for the Jan 4th sailing? We have had the pleasure of sailing with Bruce on two other occasions. Once when he was at guest services and then in 2012 we sailed with him on the Millie ( Sydney to Singapore)where he was Captain's Club host. Would be lovely to see him again!

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and a lovely Thanksgiving!

Hi Va_wine-lover,

Thanks for your kind comments. I plan to book some future cruises onboard, so I will definitely say hello to Bruce, and ask about his schedule. It's too bad that we will miss the Caribbean deployment opening date by a week or so, as we would have liked to book onboard, and get onboard booking offer and the 123 Go offer - though I'm unsure if they are combinable.

As I've repeatedly suggested to Celebrity, it would be great if they offered a new Captains Club benefit allowing Elite and above to book from home, and receive the onboard booking benefits. IMO, this would be a huge benefit for members, while driving sales for Celebrity. It's a win-win for all.

Hi Andy!

Wishing you and your mom a safe and enjoyable trip! We will be on the Eclipse in February for 14 days and are very excited already. We had heard that the new expanded menu for Bistro on five would be introduced fleet-wide by the end of 2014 and are hoping it will be in place when we sail...can you check while onboard and see if this is still the case? Thanks!

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

I have not heard of the expanded Bistro menus being offered by the end of the year. I thought only 1 or 2 ships offered it currently. At any rate, I will be happy to ask !

Hi Andy,

Thanks for volunteering to answer questions. We will be on the January 4 sailing.

I am wondering if they will have coupons for Elite drinks.

Enjoy you cruise.

Hi AlanAllyn,

It's my pleasure answering questions for our members :)

I will be happy to ask, but it seems that Celebrity does not wish to share this information in advance. I tried asking for our sailing, and could not obtain an answer.

Will also board the Eclipse on Sunday.

Really looking forward to this cruise and the port-of-calls. First time for me with Celebrity, all previous cruises are with Royal Caribbean.

Flying to Miami on Friday morning!

Hi Everyone,

Glad to see so many questions ! Keep 'em coming :)

In case I have not replied to your post directly, rest assured I have read them, and will try my best to obtain answers to your questions.

Thanks very much !

Edited by Host Andy

Will also board the Eclipse on Sunday.

Really looking forward to this cruise and the port-of-calls. First time for me with Celebrity, all previous cruises are with Royal Caribbean.

Flying to Miami on Friday morning!

Hi D300,

Have a great flight. Looking forward to meeting you. Will you be attending the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle ?

Hi, Andy

Counting the minutes till Sunday's embarkation and the ship. Looking forward to meeting you and your Mom, as well as many others from our very active roll call. So sorry to hear about your Uncle and his wife being unable to come, tho.

See you soon,

Gail

Diamond Diva

Hi Gail,

We are counting the minutes too, and we are looking forward to meeting you and your DH. See you at the sailaway and/or Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle !

Andy, sorry to hear your uncle and aunt won't be on the cruise. That is too bad. Best wishes that your uncle is well soon. It will be nice to see you and your mother and also your sister if she is coming. See you at the Sailaway and Connections meet & mingle in a few days.

Kathy

Hi Andy

We will be on Eclipse sailing 21st December in Aqua, first cruise with Celebrity. If at all possible could you post the Blu Menu's and find out which nights will be formal.

Many thanks

Have a great cruise

I can answer this one.

All evenings in Blu are smart casual.

Host Andy - if you could please find out who is in the Molecular Bar and if they think they will still be aboard in February.

It's one area we really enjoyed last year and are looking forward to the same thing this coming year.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi Va_wine-lover,

Thanks for your kind comments. I plan to book some future cruises onboard, so I will definitely say hello to Bruce, and ask about his schedule. It's too bad that we will miss the Caribbean deployment opening date by a week or so, as we would have liked to book onboard, and get onboard booking offer and the 123 Go offer - though I'm unsure if they are combinable.

As I've repeatedly suggested to Celebrity, it would be great if they offered a new Captains Club benefit allowing Elite and above to book from home, and receive the onboard booking benefits. IMO, this would be a huge benefit for members, while driving sales for Celebrity. It's a win-win for all.

Andy, while onboard, you can always book a cruise, any cruise, that is similar to what you might book in the Caribbean. After the Caribbean schedule comes out, transfer your booking and all the perks to a cruise of your choice. That way, you retain your onboard booking OBC, plus receive some or all the 123Go incentives, depending on the category you book. ;) :)

Hi Mary Lou,

I have not heard anything on the specialty coffee, but will be sure to check at Cafe Al Bacio. I'd also love to hear more about the Suite Dining Menus. I inquired about it last week, and was told "no news yet". FWIW, you would think that Celebrity should have some menus planned by now, as it's only a few months away. Why wouldn't they want to tease us ? :) The marketing folks should be all over this.

If I hear anything, I will reply on this thread.

Hi Andy,

''The marketing folks should be all over this''....Andy, you're allowing them way more credit than they deserve !!! (lol...) Judging by their moves over the past couple of years, you kind of are led to beleive ''marketing'' is not exactly their stronger suit...:rolleyes: But, at least it has to be way better than their'' IT '' department...:mad:

Enjoy your cruise....and relax.

Hopefully, the ''birds chirping noise tracks'' which were recorded ''under test'' recently on various decks have not proceeded any further.....and one hopes the music issue will not rear its ugly head again.

Claude

Edited by c-legs

Andy, while onboard, you can always book a cruise, any cruise, that is similar to what you might book in the Caribbean. After the Caribbean schedule comes out, transfer your booking and all the perks to a cruise of your choice. That way, you retain your onboard booking OBC, plus receive some or all the 123Go incentives, depending on the category you book. ;) :)

Thank you Iamthesea. Are you certain that you would receive the booking onboard OBC, and the current 123 Go promo when booking onboard ? It would be great if that were the case !

You are right, (assuming you'd get both promos for booking onboard)... that it makes sense to book anything, and move them as soon as the Caribbean schedule is announced. I'm wondering how much will change, as it seems (if you connect the dots) that Constellation won't be in Florida for the 2016/2017 Winter deployment. This means November 2016 until April 2017 in case anyone is wondering.

Either way, I will be sure to find out what the onboard sales folks are currently offering.

Andy - please let us know about the dreaded music/noise problems!

Hi Andy,

Hopefully, the ''birds chirping noise tracks'' which were recorded ''under test'' recently on various decks have not proceeded any further.....and one hopes the music issue will not rear its ugly head again.

Claude

Hi Host Jazzbeau and C-Legs,

I plan to post at least a few times from the ship, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the insanely loud music wont flare up again. Unfortunately, Sue Denning is going on vacation after this sailing, so there will be another CD onboard (Ben Powney). He is very good - but is much different than Sue. I'm curious to see how the change in CD's affects the onboard entertainment.

At any rate, I can't wait to be onboard the beautiful Eclipse again. Only 3 more sleeps :)

-----I'm wondering how much will change, as it seems (if you connect the dots) that Constellation won't be in Florida for the 2016/2017 Winter deployment. This means November 2016 until April 2017 in case anyone is wondering.

Andy,

Now you have me wondering where Constellation will be---do you think she is she replacing Century on Australian sailings during those 'winter' months?

Andy,

Now you have me wondering where Constellation will be---do you think she is she replacing Century on Australian sailings during those 'winter' months?

Hi UpwardUK,

According to this post : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44653147&postcount=194 , it seems Asia might be where Connie is headed. Also, according to this story, Celebrity (unsure if this is Constellation or another X ship) is headed to Abu Dhabi and India : http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/celebritys-2016-17-beefs-up-port-overnights-adds-abu-dhabi-and-india.html

Hope this helps !