Princess balcony breakfast

greenbank1958

Hiya we are due to cruise soon on the Princess ruby

back to back from 20th dec to 10th january with our parents.

My father in law is celebrating his 80th birthday!

We would like to treat them to a breakfast on their balcony

has enyone experienced this and know the cost?

And can we pe-book this or do we do it all on board.

many thanks phil

Edited by greenbank1958
miss spelling

You can order it ahead of time. It's $32 for two: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/culinary_delights/index.jsp

We have had it twice--both times as gifts. It's nice--but too much food. We saved some of the mini pastries for later.

Edited by geoherb

Hiya we are due to cruise soon on the Princess ruby

back to back from 20th dec to 10th january with our parents.

My father in law is celebrating his 80th birthday!

We would like to treat them to a breakfast on their balcony

has enyone experienced this and know the cost?

And can we pe-book this or do we do it all on board.

many thanks phil

Yes, you can $32.

Follow this link:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/culinary_delights/index.jsp

I tried to find you a youtube on the champagne breakfast but could not. I did find this one on the balcony dinner.

My wife and I celebrated our last anniversary with one of these and I can attest the video is pretty much how things are done. BTW, my wife claims she has never been so pampered in her life. That was a hint.

My husband ordered this for me on the Grand in January 2013 for my big five oh! It was amazing. We had arrived in Aruba overnight and were sitting on the balcony in Jim jams when it arrived. There was a vast quantity of food and it was all superb. It's a lovely memory, despite the rain that followed!

Edited by maria1963

We did it in Alaska while cruising one of the Glaciers in our Suite. We looked around us on our deck and below and there must have been a couple dozen folks doing the same thing. Ship moves into Glacier parks and does a very slow 360 degree turn so everyone gets a magnificent view. Would do it again, and yes more food than you can eat. Goes well with Champaign!

Not sure about the balcony breakfast but we were told on CB that only three dinners could be booked on any given night due to the manpower required. We had a dedicated waiter and assistant waiter. Plus a photographer came by too.

Now the champagne breakfast might not be as manpower intensive but I would book it now if that's what you want to do. You won't regret it. BTW, depending upon the size of your balcony, you could do dinner for the four of you. Would be about $50 PP plus tip.

We have done both the balcony breakfast and the balcony dinner. You can pre purchase the balcony breakfast as a gift from Princess Gifts and Services.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/culinary_delights/index.jsp

However, you are just paying for the breakfast. Actual scheduling will occur on board. Also the breakfast is different from the dinner. A separate table is not brought into the room and all of the food is brought at one time.

The food for the breakfast was good and was more than we could eat but the multiple-course service for the dinner is quite an experience. If is significantly more at $100/couple rather than the $32/couple for the breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
We have done both the balcony breakfast and the balcony dinner. You can pre purchase the balcony breakfast as a gift from Princess Gifts and Services.

However, you are just paying for the breakfast. Actual scheduling will occur on board. Also the breakfast is different from the dinner. A separate table is not brought into the room and all of the food is brought at one time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was thinking of doing this for our upcoming Alaskan cruise. In your opinion was the breakfast worth the money? If they don't bring in a table what would you eat on?

I was thinking of doing this for our upcoming Alaskan cruise. In your opinion was the breakfast worth the money? If they don't bring in a table what would you eat on?

There is a tiny table in cabin (usually). If you have a mini there is a coffee table.

You can use the built-in deck for "staging" and eat in your lap:)

Like you do at home;)

I'm not accustomed to a 4-5 course breakfast. It arrives all at once on several trays. The main course has to be eaten first. Chances are it will be lukewarm anyway. I'd rather go to the MDR and be served as I finish each course.

Alternatively order from the standard room service breakfast selections and have champagne delivered the previous night.

Sorry for the negative vibes (just my opinion) but I wouldn't order a balcony breakfast again.