2014 Port Everglades to MIA prices?

lcds1

We are cruising Port Everglades and fly out of MIA at 12:45. I originally thought we would rent a car...but Im not sure I want the time hassle.

Current prices and times for Princess from PE to MIA? Are there separate times the bus leaves?...is there a long wait for people to get on the bus?

A little concerned about my Miami departure time now-

Thanks!

Since you're not solo, you might as well get a taxi - it's not much more than the cost of two bus transfers and you won't have to wait while the bus fills up (which can take ages). If you take an early disembarkation time, there should be plenty of taxis and you'll be at MIA in good time.

A private taxi from Port Everglades to Miami International airport is about US$75 plus tip (for two or three passengers) and takes about 45 mins without traffic. You can also reserve one of the group shuttles which will be in the $20 to $25 per person range. Group Shuttles are also available at the pier without reservations, but a reservation is easier. When we did the transfer we used the private taxi and it was really easy.

We have used and are using over the Christmas holidays:

QLS TRANSPORTATION

2114 N. FLAMINGO RD

SUITE # 1115

PEMBROKE PINES, FL 33028

Ph: 9549070750 TF: 8887570021 Fax: 9545859172

We have had no issue with them in the past. 85.00 private car for 4 people. No herding like cattle into buses, just a nice uneventful ride to the airport (Port Everglades to MIA).

Not everyone is so concerned with the extra cost. Ease of use and the private nature of a cab are many traveler's priorities.

I agree 100%. All too often the issue of "expense" gets tossed into the equation when what you are really talking about is $10-$20 in either direction. For most people, that amount of money is irrelevant after one takes convenience and stress relief into account.

I just checked Uber on line, and they are quoting:

$46-$62 for UberX (mid-size car fine for 2 people with modest luggage;

$79-$106 for UberXL (Large SUV fine for 2-4 people with a fair amount of luggage); and

$88-$117 for UberSelect (Usually a large Mercedes fine for 2 people with a fair amount of luggage).

I agree 100%. All too often the issue of "expense" gets tossed into the equation when what you are really talking about is $10-$20 in either direction. For most people, that amount of money is irrelevant after one takes convenience and stress relief into account.

Indeed. Like I said in post #2, just get an early disembarkation time, walk out of the terminal, and get a taxi.