Excursion HELP in Grand Cayman

CruiseLover1996

We did the excursion thru carnival and at Hell town there were interesting rock formations, the marine park was kinda rushed but we did get to hold turtles and see the marine animals. The stingray part of the trip was the best!! They didnt rush us at all and probably stayed out there atleast an hour. The tour guy took pics for a cd but also let us take our own pics. They really did come up to you. It was a experience we will never forget!! WE got to pet them and hold them and they even put them on our back.. we went in the morn and not too many people in the water .. I thought it was worth it since I didnt want to worry about getting back on time.. have fun...

We used Moby Dick tours on Grand Cayman twice; their boat(s) have been small, with excellent service and great guides. Many of the other boats are very larger and crowded, and Moby Dick tours were about the same price, and we hope 2 excellent trips with them.

Captain Marvin is great. They have a 2 stop tour for 40, a 3 stop tour for 45 and an optional add on for Hell & the Turtle Farm for 30.

He has a 94% approval rating on Tripadvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147365-d4279510-Reviews-Captain_Marvin-Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html

I booked with Acquarius Sea Tours, 4 hour tour for less than the Carnival trip as well as a very limited passenger load, so more private. Top rated on TripAdvisor. Good email communication even when our itinerary changed and the day was shifted.

Too bad we were unable to tender the day we arrived in G.C. :(

Edited by Sauer-kraut

just make sure the private excursion times match up with the ability to get to the island from the tender and then back to the ship with the tender. For the Pride in March, we had a difficult time getting the right excursion due to the time the ship pulls into anchorage. So CaptMarvins was the best fit. And I too have heard good things about this excursion.

We use Moby Dick. Have used them once and have them booked again a week from Wednesday. Runs $45, one stop at the Stingrays and another stop for snorkeling. Usually about 20 - 25 Pax, not crowded and thoroughly entertaining! Can't wait!

I'm going with this program... Dolphin Discovery and click on sales...

Cheaper than the ones from Carnival and they have constant sales. I final pulled he trigger and bought the Royal Swim when it was 30% off. I do have to take a cab there, but I'm saving $50 per person versus Carnival pricing.

Edited by thesnoopster2

I've also used Captain Marvin 2x and will be with them again this Christmas. They were small, had a great crew and a photographer on board if you didn't bring a waterproof camera. Pictures were a little pricey(I think $50 for the disc or stick) but the photos were fantastic and captured several different poses of each of our family members as well as a group one. We did the stingrays and two snorkel stops....didn't do dolphins...you'll have fun whoever you choose.

I've actually sailed with the Cpt Marvin. :) I've been a customer over 20 years, and gone with them numerous times. I stopped in my last trip to enjoy a hello with Marvin. :)

What I have always enjoyed is their wonderful 3 stop snorkel trip, since 2 isn't enough for me. Last two trips, I've enjoyed going out with Cpt. Val, and they kindly placed me on his boat again. :)

This is a long standing well run company. Last few trips they were sold out with no walk up space available, so booking ahead is the best advice.

I booked through Stingray Sailings. It was Great! There weren't but seven of us on the boat and we were the first ones to the sandbar. Also went snorkling and sailed back. I had never been sailing before, it was very fun. I booked on-line.:)

I second this. They were great.😄

Bill

Sent from Iphone 6 using Cruise Critic App

Just for a cost comparison, stingray sailing charges 65 for one snorkel stop, plus the stingray sandbar. Capt Marvin charges 40 for the same tour, plus an extra 5 if you choose his 2 snorkel stop plus sandbar tour.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147365-d4279510-Reviews-Captain_Marvin-Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147365-d1420499-Reviews-Stingray_Sailing-Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html

Highly recommend Fat Fish Adventures....we did the jetski tour to Stingray City...we were part of a group of 7, my family of 4 on 2 jetskis & another couple & their toddler in a speedboat. My younger son was having a hard time staying in the saddle on the jetski so the speedboat capt let him ride back with them & drive the boat. Awesome experience, great ppl, crowd free.....!