Diamond with RCCL/New to Celebrity ???

Megg

We will be Elite with Celebrity when we take our 1st cruise on the Equinox. Help please, is it worth it to go with a Concierge Class cabin over a regular balcony? We would also get the 1 2 3 go pkg. Is that worth it? Unsure what type of cabin to book. Also do Elite have access to Michaels Club? Thank you in advance for any advice you may offer us. Meg

I think it's worth booking the Concierge Class cabin to get the 123Go package. If you are getting the all inclusive 123Go package for booking a concierge class cabin (it includes the drink package; gratuities and on board credit), it is DEFINITELY worth it.

Equinox is a great ship. The 123Go (especially the all inclusive) makes it that much nicer. You'll have a great time!

And sadly, only suite guests have access to Michael's Club. Probably my biggest disappointing thing Celebrity has done...

Edited by Host Anne

It would be easier to evaluate "is it worth it" if we had figures...

How much is the regular balcony? concierge balcony?

How many nights is the cruise?

How much is your drink bill usually per day on Royal Caribbean (similar prices on Celebrity)?

I think it's worth booking the Concierge Class cabin to get the 123Go package. If you are getting the all inclusive 123Go package for booking a concierge class cabin (it includes the drink package; gratuities and on board credit), it is DEFINITELY worth it.

Equinox is a great ship. The 123Go (especially the all inclusive) makes it that much nicer. You'll have a great time!

And sadly, only suite guests have access to Michael's Club. Probably my biggest disappointing thing Celebrity has done...

Not definitely, it depends on costs.

If it's a cruise in Europe and you get to choose 2 of the three perks in a regular balcony, then it's only worth Concierge class if the difference is less than the OBC i.e. if you're paying $600 more for the cabin just to get $300 OBC, then it's not worth it (especially as all the balcony cabins on the S class are the same size) ;). However, if the difference is less than the OBC, then it's worth it. It DEFINITELY is dependent on costings for the particular sailing (unless a footstool and 3 apples is vitally important to you :D) ;).

Just off the Equinox and want to mention that as elite you do not have access to Michaels Club, but elite guests do have access to a special breakfast each morning held in one of the specialty restaurants that includes specialty coffees and some cocktails like mimosas and bloody marys as well as an evening cocktail event which is held most evenings. I can't tell you where the evening event was held as we did not attend this time.

When we're on a Celebrity cruise with the drink pkg we don't really take advantage of those elite perks, but on a recent cruise on the Century without the drink pkg we did.

Thank you for all the wise advice. We did the math and will be booking the concierge balc. We are not big drinkers but with the gratuties and on board credit it is really a great deal. Thanks again.

Thank you for all the wise advice. We did the math and will be booking the concierge balc. We are not big drinkers but with the gratuties and on board credit it is really a great deal. Thanks again.

The drink package also includes fresh squeezed juice, speciality coffees/teas, soda, and bottled water.