Breakfast in Cagneys

Carinthalas

The benefit of mini-suites is that their occupants can brag to their unknowing friends at home that they were in a mini-suite and pretend like they are a big deal. That's about it. Otherwise it is 95% regular balcony cabin.

Wow! I didn't know that was the reason I book them. All this time I thought it was just because we like them better. I'm glad I'm more clear on that now.

The benefit of mini-suites is that their occupants can brag to their unknowing friends at home that they were in a mini-suite and pretend like they are a big deal. That's about it. Otherwise it is 95% regular balcony cabin.

We have booked these "deluxe balconies" before. Never realized I could brag about to unknowing friends. Actually, if I were to brag, I would tell them we had a garden villa - since they are unknowing.

YES:) They have this eggs benedict type dish on brioche, with (I am probably going to spell this wrong) chorizo type sauce with little pieces of seafood in it... to me, that is one of the more decadent dishes on the entire ship! I think it is called "Fruit De Mer" or something like that. Mmmmm...

Loved that dish! Fruits de mer en brioche. And just for grins, the sauce is actually Sauce Choron, a variation of béarnaise without tarragon or chervil, plus added tomato purée. It is named after Alexandre Étienne Choron. But who's counting? :)

Loved that dish! Fruits de mer en brioche. And just for grins, the sauce is actually Sauce Choron, a variation of béarnaise without tarragon or chervil, plus added tomato purée. It is named after Alexandre Étienne Choron. But who's counting? :)

I prefer Maltaise to Hollandaise. Do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Implying SUITE to something that is not really a suite is deceiving.

Considering the mini-suites really are just deluxe larger balcony staterooms. It gives a impression that is easily mistaken!

Yes, it has been a long over talked issue with needing them to be renamed.

SMH!!!!

I agree with you that deluxe balcony should be a better name but I can't agree with that it's deceiving to call the cabins mini-suites.

I think that everyone should understand that there is a difference between mini-suite and suite. If there is no difference, why not call them the same thing?

Someone interesting in perks must research and find out about the perks for the cabin they want to book.

Isn't a suite supposed to have a separate bedroom? I have not seen any posts about people feeling deceived because their "suite" didn't have a separate bedroom (which many "suites" on cruiseships doesn't have) and I think that the reason for that is that when people book a cabin they do some research first and know some things about the cabin they book.

People need to do that about the perks too. They know about suiteperks but not the difference between a mini-suite and a suite.

I think it was my favorite breakfast dish of the week also.

I just wished I had a little bit more sauce on the eggs....but it was great.

Hi all

I see posts saying that suite guests get to use Cagney's for Breakfast. My question is, do mini-suites count for this perk?

We will be sailing on the NCL Breakaway next August in a Haven Suite. Since it is our first NCL sailing, curious as to the Breakfast in Cagney's. How does it differ from other venues? Is it different from the Haven restaurant?

Thanks,

We will be sailing on the NCL Breakaway next August in a Haven Suite. Since it is our first NCL sailing, curious as to the Breakfast in Cagney's. How does it differ from other venues? Is it different from the Haven restaurant?

Thanks,

Breakfast in Cagney's is for suite passengers on ships that don't have a Haven restaurant. On the Breakaway, breakfast will be in the Haven restaurant and not Cagney's.

The fact that the question of whether "mini-suites" get suite perks is asked repeatedly on here is proof enough of the confusion caused by the name. I agree with those who think the category should be renamed. They really are deluxe balconies.

Don't you think the fact that it comes up here repeatedly is an indicator that folks don't read the published information or do selective reading. Why not junior suites like some other lines, they don't seem to generate much confusion?;)

Don't you think the fact that it comes up here repeatedly is an indicator that folks don't read the published information or do selective reading. Why not junior suites like some other lines, they don't seem to generate much confusion?;)

Ding, ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

The fact that the question of whether "mini-suites" get suite perks is asked repeatedly on here is proof enough of the confusion caused by the name. I agree with those who think the category should be renamed. They really are deluxe balconies.

That is really not a valid argument...you don't consider the far greater number of people who don't post anything about it simply because it isn't confusing at all.

The idea of "deluxe balconies" makes as much sense as calling oceanview cabins "deluxe insides". :rolleyes:

Thinking that minisuites get perks simply because "suite" is a PART of the word is like thinking that a Garden Villa does NOT get perks because it doesn't have "suite" in the name!

We also think NCL should take the suite out of mini-suite, to avoid continued confusion, especially from cruisers new to NCL. It's fine to argue this shouldn't happen, but it does happen. Most unusual case in point was when we boarded the Gem November 9th. Because it was a recently-scheduled cruise (Gem was originally scheduled for dry dock), it departed NYC on Sunday (usual departure day is Saturday), so it shared terminal space with the Breakaway. The regular terminal crew handled Breakaway passengers, and a crew unfamiliar with NCL ended up sending Gem mini-suite passengers to the suite lounge. Somewhat chaotic and crowded in that lounge, but Carlos, the concierge, handled it beautifully, arranging for room keys for the mini-suite passengers, and early embarkation along with suite guests. Don't think they ended up in Cagney's temp quarters at Le Bistro for lunch, though.:D I talked to several of the mini-suite guests in the lounge while handing out CC Mardi Gras beads, and believe me, none of them knew they were in the wrong area. But then, my impression was that these last-minute November cruises has more cruisers new to NCL than usual. Most were CAS comped.

We sailed balconies and then mini-suites on NCL, until we switched to suites in 2011, but recently did our first back to back, one leg in a mini and the other in a suite. Glad to say we were pleasantly surprised that the mini-suite and balcony were larger than we remembered. Now we know we can happily go back to minis (and maybe squeeze in more cruises), even if NCL decides to change the name to 'Lux Balcony!'

Just got off the Dawn in a SJ Suite.

We ate at Cagney's for every breakfast, even the disembarkment day.

I alternated between the Crab Cakes Benedict & Eggs Benedict everyday...

We recently did a 12 day on Dawn. Only lunch that we did not do at Cagneys was when we did shore tour. We did eat there on some port days, and then went ashore.

Never bored with the menu. At least one bottle of wine each day. Did almost all breakfasts there as well. Pretty sure we slept in a few days.

Does anyone have Cagney's Lunch Menu that they can post?

See:

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html

At the top one can also select other ships, very handy; print out.... no save a copy on your laptop/ipad (better for the environment) before cruise and use them to order anything you want while you are sipping cocktails on your balcony or if you like being seen, in Haven.

Oh and I'll echo, I am also one of the folks who the first day put in a standing order for Eggs Benedict along with French Toast with Mascarpone (fortunately the latter is easy to make at home ;) )