Is there a Princess Jail on board?

jeffdal

Last Tuesday night at Skywalkers got a little crazy and there was a brawl and two women were removed from the night club. (This was on the cruise with 600 children and a reported cruise population average age of 34).

We joked the rest of the cruise that they were taken to Princess Jail and we would caution each other not to do something crazy because you might end up there.

Is there a jail or detention facility on board?

Edited by jeffdal

The answer is yes, although they also will post security officers outside of their cabins and physically lock folks in to detain as well.

This is what we were told as well. Unless you are really bad, you get locked in your cabin until they can get you off the ship.

Yes, there are cells down below. Depending on the nature of the "crime," you can either be confined to your cabin with security outside 24/7 or if your actions threaten other passengers, a cell.

A number of years ago, we were on the Sea Princess for a 14-day Med cruise out of Southampton. The second night at sea, an officer was walking across Lido and spotted two people naked in the hot tub. One was a 15-year old girl, the other a 26-year old man. He was arrested and confined to his cabin for a couple of days before being disembarked into the waiting arms of the FBI. Don't know what happened to him afterwards.

When we were still docked at San Pedro, I saw a guy walked off in handcuffs. I don't know what he did.

Could have been that he was wanted and it turned up when TSA ran the information from the cruise line. In those cases they will get picked up.

The thing to realize here is that you could be put off at the first port and jailed there.(would you like to find yourself in a jail in Greneda or belize? Some folks are dumb enough to think they have all the rights they have in America....not so on a foreign flagged ship committing a crime on the high seas!

The main thing however is you would be blacklisted from cruising forever on that line at least.

Doug

I really wish there was a visible security presence on the ship last week. We needed to flag someone down when a guy walked up to us during MUTS and was belligerent beyond belief. We tried to ignore him, which made him angrier ...and we were trying to watch the movie and not disturb anyone. Luckily, he ended up walking away.

I would guess that many people die on cruises. Cruising attracts a high percentage of older people who have various health issues. Obviously the lines don't advertise the fact but, if you have cruised much at all, you have likely been on a cruise where at least one passenger died. It happens to us all...

The answer is yes, although they also will post security officers outside of their cabins and physically lock folks in to detain as well.

Yes they do ... but locking someone in a cabin with a security officer outside is what is normally done.

Still, don't jump to conclusions about people with a security guard outside of the door because it could be for a variety of reasons that are not from anything they had done.

LuLu

I would guess that many people die on cruises. Cruising attracts a high percentage of older people who have various health issues. Obviously the lines don't advertise the fact but, if you have cruised much at all, you have likely been on a cruise where at least one passenger died. It happens to us all...

An article I read awhile back said the average number of deaths on cruise ships was 200 per year.

At breakfast on the Island Princess one morning, a gentleman said he was recently on a Holland cruise where they ran out of something. Could any of us guess? Of course, guesses were prune juice, bran cereal, etc. Nope - the answer was caskets! They ran out of caskets!

On our UST, I asked how many caskets Princess has on a ship. The answer was they don't have caskets, just body bags. Cost and space saving at the same time!:eek: