MS Eurodam & MS Nieuw Amsterdam Sail-Away Dec7, 2014

aliaschief

I will try to be back after running some errands. Only three more sailaways to watch and then it will be my turn. I hope the new captain of the NA, Captain van Zaane, has a heavy finger on the horn.

I will be here but without an electronic miracle I won't be hearing any toots. I turned off my laptop last night and it was fine. Turned it on this morning and black screen (this is my third electrical device that has died on me in the past month!). I will be watching on my iPad so will have to rely on you to describe the toots.

I will be here but without an electronic miracle I won't be hearing any toots. I turned off my laptop last night and it was fine. Turned it on this morning and black screen (this is my third electrical device that has died on me in the past month!). I will be watching on my iPad so will have to rely on you to describe the toots.

Oh Kathi - what a shame. not good at all.

Marine Traffic grid is blank again. Clicked on Marine Traffic. Com and it has a link to get the App for site at a cost of 3.99?

I hope this is just a temporary issue and not Greed.:confused:

Using I Pad at moment, will check desk top after church.

I used Marine Traffic last night (via the webcams and stand-alone) and it was fine.

I don't know if I will be able to join the gang later. :(

I can't seem to find last weeks wave photo on the web site.

How do you go about seeing and then purchasing the wave photo from Nov 30th on the NA and then again for today?

I just checked and it is there. At the bottom of the main Port Everglades webcam, you will see Sail a Way videos and Wave photos. Click on those and you can view. For the Sailing click on the sail a way videos. You select the ship and sailing date and it starts right away. To order there is a click and they are very quick to send pics so I suspect videos as well.

Today's sailing probably won't be up for a few days. But last week's is there.

You can watch it without purchasing as well :)

oops sorry - I thought you were looking for the sail a way video - will check for the wave photo. They may be a smidge later.

strange, I don't see any recent ones either?

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place or they have changed the format? will do some digging.

Edited by kazu

Funny, my laptop and desktop have misbehaved yesterday and today as well. Is there something going around? I swear these machines have personalities. I understand the laptop being disgruntled as it has essentially been replaced by a tablet, but the desktop shouldn't be in a snit about anything.

Debbie

I just checked and it is there. At the bottom of the main Port Everglades webcam, you will see Sail a Way videos and Wave photos. Click on those and you can view. For the Sailing click on the sail a way videos. You select the ship and sailing date and it starts right away. To order there is a click and they are very quick to send pics so I suspect videos as well.

Today's sailing probably won't be up for a few days. But last week's is there.

You can watch it without purchasing as well :)

oops sorry - I thought you were looking for the sail a way video - will check for the wave photo. They may be a smidge later.

strange, I don't see any recent ones either?

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place or they have changed the format? will do some digging.

Thanks, I'll wait till we get home. Got to the video but it wouldn't load. Doing it via a cell phone so don't want to chew up too much bandwidth.

It looks like they haven't updated the wave photos for some time.

Thanks, I'll wait till we get home. Got to the video but it wouldn't load. Doing it via a cell phone so don't want to chew up too much bandwidth.

It looks like they haven't updated the wave photos for some time.

By the time you get home, the other one should be up too :)

I'm confused about the wave photos as I would have thought they were a money maker? I know we bought them before.

how long until muster?

Chief, do you know why you are listed on the PTZ Facebook page today for a webcam wave? (NA) Also Glenn with a Canadian Flag.

Port schedule now shows Eurodam for 15:30. Is that the one that left last week with no toots?

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

I can't seem to find last weeks wave photo on the web site.

How do you go about seeing and then purchasing the wave photo from Nov 30th on the NA and then again for today?

Glenn... I posted a few screenshots that I THINK is you. It is at:

If I am home this afternoon, I will try to get some more.

Leon

Chief, do you know why you are listed on the PTZ Facebook page today for a webcam wave? (NA) Also Glenn with a Canadian Flag.

Port schedule now shows Eurodam for 15:30. Is that the one that left last week with no toots?

Roy

Yeah, the Eurodam did not toot last week, so we'll see if she does this week or we get the silent treatment.:D

Checking in Chief, we'll be here for sail away.

The port is loaded up with cruise ships and the Regal Princess has a departure schedule of 3:00 with the rest following at 4:00 PM. Not very optimistic it will happen in that order.>>

Just heard the Regal tell the Harbormaster she will be leaving at 4 pm EST

Norris

Not hearing anything on the webcams is not very exciting - I miss the constant noise of the port. I have spent the afternoon reading repair forums and watching repair videos but my laptop has not responded to anything I've tried.:mad:

Not hearing anything on the webcams is not very exciting - I miss the constant noise of the port. I have spent the afternoon reading repair forums and watching repair videos but my laptop has not responded to anything I've tried.:mad:

for what little it is worth. did you turn it off, take the battery out for a few minutes and then put it back in and turn it back on? I know you've probably done it...but just in case. Sometimes it does wonders!

I will try to be back after running some errands. Only three more sailaways to watch and then it will be my turn. I hope the new captain of the NA, Captain van Zaane, has a heavy finger on the horn.

HI dot, I think we will have a good one there, I was up early this morn, (my animals where going crazy because of the racket the raccoons and or other wild animals where making just in our backyard , :eek: --), so I was watching the morning parade, each ship, slipping into port , like quite shadows, it took awhile to figure out the profiles, then came ours, the dawn had started at 6:30 AM, and she let out one long and one short,, -oh ,be still my heart, , :D

This is a REAL longshot but I once had a laptop where the power connection came loose and the battery fully discharged. Even when I reconnected the power, the battery had to charge a bit before I got any response.

Roy

Thanks, Jacqui and Roy but tried and failed with both. My laptop is 4 1/2 years old so it probably is not worth having it fixed. I have a twelve year old computer at my daughter's that I think still works albeit very slowly. I'll run by tomorrow and get it with hopes it can tide me over for awhile.